Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:50 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Hah, was that the eight-box offer? ;)

Matt's game was also notable for starting the "firefighters win big money by being brave" trope that has gone on, and on, and on even though the evidence since then has been distinctly patchy!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

johnr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Wow, I remembered Matt's game like it was yesterday! Especially the bit at the end where he went to stand with the other contestants and left Noel alone to open the box! :lol:

Didn't remember him having the strong £15k backup though!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

The games seem to have been shoved back to the early morning now. :(

Caught a bit before I went to work and they're still in sequence as it was Marilyn then Mr Cheeseman. Thank goodness I have an HD box so I don't have to get up at 6:15 every morning!!!

I might try and find some way of e-mailing Challenge to ask them if they''ll ever show the hour-long games! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I did see Barbara's game, and they played that weird vibraphone music at the end which I forgot about. I really hope they show Morris though, that was one of my favourite ever games!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
The games seem to have been shoved back to the early morning now. :(

Damn, when did they move them to the early morning slot? I've been recording them on timer but haven't got around to watching the ones from last week... hopefully I've only missed today's (and possibly yesterday's) shows. I'll update my timer now to do some early morning recording then!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:54 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I was SO disappointed to tune in at 7pm to watch Marilyn's show only to find out they've moved the timings!!! :(

Aw, I really wanted to see Marilyn's and JT’s dance again! As for Dave, well I’ve never even seen his show! Probably never will now. :(

Good job I too have an HD box to record them because there is no way I’m getting up at 6 o’clock in the morning on my days off! :lol:

H - they must have done it this morning, as Barbara’s and Matt’s was shown last night.

Talking of last night’s shows, poor Barbara. :( I thought she came across as a really nice lady as well. She was unlucky to take out the top three at 5-box.

Remember Pat G’s “I’m always in a flamboyant mood!”?! Hahaha aww can‘t wait for her game just to see that walk of wealth again!

Call me a soppy git but I loved the end of Matt’s game, I thought it was so sweet where they were all stood in a line and held hands, like one big team. You could tell they all really wanted him to win £35k. Also if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t this the game where Noel’s symbols first made an appearance?

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I didn't think Dave Cheeseman was as wonderful as loads of people from 2006 made him out to be, I thought he was trying too hard to play the jester.

Flicked on this morning and they were showing Nancy's game so I take it only odd Saturday shows were an hour. Hopefully this means JT's game will be aired, and also Massimo's with Boxgate.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I've just had a quick look back at the commentaries for the March/early April 2006 Saturday shows, and it seems Nancy's was indeed a 45-min game, which is odd, as the ones on the Saturdays directly before and after were 1 hour long!

Massimo's and JT's were definitely 45-min ones. I've not had a detailed look at the commentaries for late April 2006, but it seems Steve on 01/04/06 may have been the final hour-long one until the double-deal week evening shows. Don't quote me on that though!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

h2005 wrote:
I've just had a quick look back at the commentaries for the March/early April 2006 Saturday shows, and it seems Nancy's was indeed a 45-min game, which is odd, as the ones on the Saturdays directly before and after were 1 hour long!

Massimo's and JT's were definitely 45-min ones. I've not had a detailed look at the commentaries for late April 2006, but it seems Steve on 01/04/06 may have been the final hour-long one until the double-deal week evening shows. Don't quote me on that though!

Apart from Morris of course. ;-)

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I was gutted when I found out the shows had been shunted to an early morning slot. I don't have a means of recording Challenge at the mo so have missed a few games I wanted to see :(

The move was quite sudden, and during the week as well - were the ratings on Monday that bad? :ponder: Maybe Challenge think watching 2 episodes after the current C4 edition is a bit overkill-esque, especially with new C4 episodes being broadcast on both Saturday AND Sunday at the moment.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

For some reason my box didn't record on Tuesday morning. I managed to catch it when I woke up, and thought I'd have saved Kirsty's game and missed Jim's. But I forgot Steve's game was an hour and they missed that one (I thought it would have been shown on Monday morning after Janet's), so it ended up being Johnnie's game the one I caught, and Kirsty's which I missed. Of all the games!!!! :( :( :(

On the plus side, Morris is now on the wings. :)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

They may well end up showing Kirsty's game again when they get to Amanda's (Nov 2006), seeing as they originally aired Kirty's instead of Amanda's!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

h2005 wrote:
They may well end up showing Kirsty's game again when they get to Amanda's (Nov 2006), seeing as they originally aired Kirty's instead of Amanda's!

By then, it'll be six years since Amanda's game was originally due to be broadcast. :shock:

Is it really destined never to be broadcast on any channel?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I've just seen Cathy's game - more remarkable than the actual game is that it HAS to be £250k Laura in the audience for that game, if it's not her then it's a spitting image! :)

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

James1978 wrote:
I've just seen Cathy's game - more remarkable than the actual game is that it HAS to be £250k Laura in the audience for that game, if it's not her then it's a spitting image! :)

She was in the audience for Maxine's game too. There's no way it was anyone else! :)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

It's herself alright! Decided it would be a fantastic game show to appear on so made a swift application afterwards.... little did she know that she would still be talked about 6 years later!

Brick

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I think I read somewhere that contestant application forms were available to pilgrims at the studio during the early days; perhaps Laura filled one in while she was at that filming!

I've been watching a few old season 2 episodes on the IloveDOND site recently, including Kath's game from April 2007. There was one part where Noel started asking pilgrims about one of her offers and one person he asked was Terry from last September - 4 and a half years before he became a contestant!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Watched Massimo's game this morning - I spent the whole of the game after Tom dropped his box trying to identify how much space was in between the last zero of each red value to the edge or the red area to try to identify what Tom's original box contents was. I'm convinced it wasn't the £250k or £100k due to the amount of space, but think there's not enough red space for a 4-fig sum either, so I think it's either the £50k, £35k or £20k (£75k had gone and 1s are narrower so they take up less space).

Shame we've never had it from the horse's mouth (i.e. someone who was there)!!!

Tomorrow should be a great double-bill - Gaz and Pat M!!! :)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 am    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

Back on Challenge as of tonight, and back to day one

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:11 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Back to the start?!

I'd rather they go back to May 2006 again from where they left off in the summer. ;-)

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]