Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

jeannie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Author: jeannie    Post subject: My game

Warnings: 0
Hello there all, just thought it would be nice to say I enjoyed reading through your comments about my game. I personally felt I gave a boring game purely because I could not get my head around being put on so soon. I was not shy nor scared just totally gutted that it would all be coming to an end so soon and I would have to be going back to reality when nearly everyone had been there twice as long as me. At the same time I felt guilty because I was aware so many people would just love to get the opportunity but I truly don't think it makes for a good show putting people on so soon.

I appreciate your many good wishes for my £9,000 win, as a matter of interest, I have managed to buy £2,000 worth of premuim bonds out of it, so keep your fingers crossed that this could actually turn into a million!!! Now that would be a story for the Banker eh! Thanks again for your good wishes. :smt039

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Aw Jeannie, you rock!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Yay Jeannie :D Don't worry, your game wasn't boring at all, you were such a sweetheart! 'grats again on the money.

JO!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

Yeah well done Jeannie, you rock, I loved your show it's was entertaining
good luck with the future!

Jo x

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:43 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I really enjoyed your game, it's always nice to see a player win. Congratulations!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:00 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

hi jeannie, hope you do well with your premium bonds :)

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

You and your game were awesome - well done again Jeannie!

Did you know that nobody's ever had an all-blue final five after dealing before? People have only ever had them while they've still been playing, which is obviously pretty rubbish, so you're in the Hall of Fame for that!

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:18 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Didn't find it boring at all! In fact, the last two weeks have been fantastic and your game was one of the best, was great how you dealt just before you'd have completely destroyed the game!

Really well done on that £9,000, I'd love money like that and you did it just by opening 14 boxes!

Muinimula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:55 am    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

Well done, Jeannie! I found your game very enjoyable to watch, but I could see you were a bit thrown by the situation. It was a shame there was no more than £9,000 in the game for you, but you still got the top amount and beat the banker!

Some people watch the show for the drama, and want to see players go all the way to the end, regardless of the result. I was really happy to see your result, and I hope you're happy with the money you won!

(PS - I went to uni in Durham and it's a fantastic place!)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:41 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Boring? BORING?

Boring is when it's obvious that the first 40 minutes of the game will mean absolutely nothing because the player is going home with the value of their box. Like Barry in the previous game.

Good call with the premium bonds, £2,000 of those gives you a reasonable chance of getting a nice profit back on them and you can't lose anything, merely have the money standing still (which means you lose money at the rate of inflation, but that's nothing compared to the risks of many forms of investment).

Every player is different. Unfortunately Noel failed to recognise this.

Your game is one I'm always going to remember, as probably the last one I will ever watch. Every element of it was awful - except you! Well done for providing a dose of reality, I just fear that Noel will try his hardest to cancel it out with the hallucinogenic 'positivity'.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:03 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I think your an absolute sweetheart did gucci get his gucci ?

drivercurran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:49 pm    Author: drivercurran    Post subject:

Just to add my congrats to the win. Was very surprised to see such a short run. Here is hoping you enjoy the other £7000

Paul

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Your game is one I'm always going to remember, as probably the last one I will ever watch.

As you've said just about every day since, what, 1st November 2005? ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Power5 wrote:
KP wrote:
Your game is one I'm always going to remember, as probably the last one I will ever watch.

As you've said just about every day since, what, 1st November 2005? ;)

I was a huge addict then! I think I've probably made half a dozen threats since Sequencegate, but this one seems final. That was the day where absolutely everything wrong with the show fell around Jeannie and only she came out with any credit for me. There is no longer a game.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

george

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I don't think it's fair when they just put on an early runner with a low blue...I get that they like to vary it but shorter than 15 is kind of silly...ah well. Well done Jeannie (:

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]