Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:46 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:46 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Will

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Congratulations Brian! Enjoy spending your £12,500.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Hahah! It's almost as if they knew I'd start slagging the show off, and made today's really good just to make me look stupid...I thought that was awesome. I know I always moan on about them doing new things but I thought all that stuff was really entertaining without detracting from the original game. Shame Brian didn't win a bit more, but he still got a decent amount, a lot more than his box contents and only the third ever "Technical Draw"!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

That was one of the best games ever. I really enjoyed that. Brian is awesome. I loved the east wing dance, I loved the west wing performance, I love Wendy, I love Brian, I loved them walking out of the studio, but most of all I loved Brian's attitude towards his family. Brian is a legend!

It was a shame the banker didn't keep his promise though, I thought that was a bit harsh. And I doubt the banker woudl have offered £20,000 at the fifth offer.

Welldone Brain enjoy £12,500!!! :-D

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Am I to take it that this was the first game filmed after the LSD party? ;)

The entire game was like some insane twisted dream. "I had the weirdest dream today. Brian was playing, but for some reason, there was a group of Bankers in the audience. At the first offer all of the East Wing danced to the theme tune, and then all of the west wing started interacting with the Bankers, and then Wendy got sent off...but all of the other contestants walked out too! Then Noel called a break...and then I woke up!!". Was it because it was the last show to be filmed before the first recording break of Series 3, or something? They'd been recording non-stop since Elizabeth and Mandy.

But seriously, what a hilarious show, and what a great guy Brian is. Half of me was laughing myself silly, the other half of me was really jealous of the Banker who Joey sat on and kissed. Although it could have been more, well done indeed on that £12,500, and enjoy spending it!

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:44 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Tugger wrote:
It would have been an OPW for me, i'd have dealt at 25k.
If the banker had genuinely doubled the 20K to 40K that would have seriously been walking money!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:55 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Mmm, I was quite torn about that...on the one hand, Brian winning £40k would have been awesome, but on the other hand, that would be a ridiculous offer. I think the eventual offer of £25k was about right.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:04 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great show, certainly the craziest one since Elizabeth and Mandy at least! And also a nice change to see a contestant not chasing their losses, though if he'd gone one more round he would have joined the massive Rock Club. And yes, that was one lucky Banker in the audience! :D

jez9999

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:17 pm    Author: jez9999    Post subject:

Question:
Which would you prefer: £20,000 or to be sat on and kissed by Joey?

:P

never_wrong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:18 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

jez9999 wrote:
Question:
Which would you prefer: £20,000 or to be sat on and kissed by Joey?

:P

£20,000

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:x Noel is seriously getting on my nerves lately. Ever since Donna's game he's been trying to intimidate people into playing till the end just so they can have a big winner. That speech at the start of the show, where he did the chicken noise was just plain disgusting and he should be sacked for being so forceful!!

What Noel forgets is that a few thousand is a lot of money to some people. Just because he has millions sitting in the bank, and he'll never have to worry about money again he expects everyone to risk all by playing until the end.

And if you play to the end you've only got an 8 in 22 chance of getting £10k or more. The chances of getting £50k or more are only 2 in 11.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:30 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

What a strange show but I though it was great. It was kind of crazy but in a good way. Well done Brian on your money.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Aww, I missed this for my birthday party - has anyone got a clip of that whole crazy moment?

My dislike club: The number 3

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was just fantastic - great game, great contestant, great entertainment (especially from Wendy ;-) )

My mum was virtually shouting at him to deal the £25k, but while the top 3 remained, I thought he was doing exactly the right thing by going on, he'd come to play! Considering the damage he did in the following round, £12.5k was an extremely good "punishment" offer, and I would have dealt there too. Chasing losses would have been a very difficult task, he'd have had to have kept the £100k until the end to have got more than £25k I think. Good to see a contestant give it a go for the really big money, but still know the right time to go, and not get sedcued by an isolated £100k! In utility terms, £12.5k is better than half as good as £25k anyway, certainly less than the difference between 10p and £12.5k! :)

Congrats on a great game Brian, enjoy the money, you'll be missed!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

What a great game. Well done Brian!

Ian W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:46 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Wow! That is one of the best games for a long time. Wendy is now offically the best contestant ever well done for getting sent off, it is brilliant all the contestants walking out. As for the opening song dance, it was brilliant, why the camera flicker from Sue to Rachel. I am not complaining for it going on Rachel, obviously a man with taste. Brian you played the best games for a long time.

Enjoy £12,500 :D

You were a great asset to the show and will be missed.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:13 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Brian. It was a great show today. A classic one I will never forget.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Brian on your £12,500 win! :)

I've just had it confirmed that Noel knew absolutely nothing about the walkout in Brian's game today - it was all spontaneous! :)

Bunhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 pm    Author: Bunhead    Post subject:

Brian is a really kind, lovely mad and I'm so pleased that he went away with a nice amount of cash. Good on you Brian. xxxxx

Bunhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 pm    Author: Bunhead    Post subject:

oops, I meant he's a lovely man!! He's not mad!! XX

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:51 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Bunhead wrote:
oops, I meant he's a lovely man!! He's not mad!! XX

Well, I suppose you have to be a bit mad to appear on DoND!

[ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]