Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:29 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 4:29 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:30 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
The banker usually rises the offer more than he would if the contestant were still playing because he knows he doesn't have to give the money away and to rub it in their faces, if she was still playing, the offer would of been alot less.

Like in Germaine's game he was still playing to the end, so the banker had to offer him a lower amount to persuade him to go on. If he had already dealt the offer would of been higher whereas in Nancy's game, Nancy had already dealt, the banker knew he didn't have to lower the offer because he didn't have to persuade her to go on because she had already dealt. Try and make sense out of all of that! :P

Last edited by "The Banker" on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:33 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

I thought Germaine had the £5 and the £250,000 left, but the principle remains the same. I happen to think both of Nancy's post-game offers today were inflated, although I very much doubt anyone actually takes them seriously. Nancy was quite right to be happy with £18,500.

No Deal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:40 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

nick wrote:
No your right and Anna (sorry for bleeting on)

You're not bleating on at all; more, I say! :-D

Nancy was just lovely. It was a really nice game, despite it going wrong at first. £18,500 is an excellent sum and above all, she's happy with it. Given the way things were going I'd have probably dealt there too. Well done, nancy!

Awwww- and to give the spa break to Lucy! She really deserved that and I'm glad Nancy chose her.

I saw the square on Noel's hand too...........

:-D

Helen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:40 pm    Author: Helen    Post subject: Nancy

Ahhhhhh the lovely Nancy,

she was soooo cooool, she was such a lovely lady and was so nice to me when I arrived, unfortunately she seemed to leave toooo soooon, we all missed her!! She had a nice cosy game and what she could have won got soon forgotten.

XX H

RecordBaby™

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:57 pm    Author: RecordBaby™    Post subject:

Aw, she was rather fab!

I ♥ Marcus!

Qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
I thought Germaine had the £5 and the £250,000 left, but the principle remains the same. I happen to think both of Nancy's post-game offers today were inflated, although I very much doubt anyone actually takes them seriously. Nancy was quite right to be happy with £18,500.

It was definitely £1 Gemaine had left with the £250k.

Well done to Nancy though, I would have dealt at £18,500, and she played a really great game!

naughty10382

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:01 am    Author: naughty10382    Post subject:

Great game tonight, one of those moments where it gets to the final stage and you think "God, I hope they have the small amount" and today it happened!

Lucy looked very tearful when Nancy gave her the prize... awww.

No Deal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:23 am    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

naughty10382 wrote:
Great game tonight, one of those moments where it gets to the final stage and you think "God, I hope they have the small amount" and today it happened!

I know- it would have awful if Nancy had the £250,000 in her box. Luckily she didn't though- and the relief was felt all round!

:D

Devious_flame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:34 am    Author: Devious_flame    Post subject:

It was a great game!! It shows that even if you have the low numbers in the box! you can still get high offers!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:55 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I was quite suprised when the banker offered £18,500 considering the board. That was a good offer and I wouldn't risk it. :P

Maltus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:58 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Its a difficult call, but I think I would have gone on...just. Simply because the prospect of a huge amount of money makes the risk of disaster worth it, for me. £18,500, however, is still an excellent amount, but I think there was just enough in that board to play on. But clearly it was enough for Nancy, so thats great!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'd probably have gone on but it was certainly the first sensible offer of the day, and as it turned out it could have been a dream or a disaster with equal ease. £18,500 is much nearer the former than the latter that's for sure.

juicy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:56 pm    Author: juicy    Post subject:

Well done and all to dear old Nancy but i dont get why people were chanting her name as if she were Jim or something! she never exactly entertained and played a pretty tame game. Yes shes a little bit older than the rest of the players so it might have been expected, but enough of my rant. It must just be because of mothers day and everyone was feelin a wee bit soft!

Maltus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:13 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

They seem to hype up the Saturday shows, and the audience are more vocal (perhaps the producers tell them to be). But as you say, Nancy wasn't that type of player, unlike Jim. It may not have lasted the 1 hour format as previous Saturday shows were given, either.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:42 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

nick wrote:
3 people have had the £1 and the £250.000 in the last two boxes now!!

Four people, actually.

Nancy was the first of those four to have been holding the £1.

swasnut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:08 am    Author: swasnut    Post subject:

Was it just me and my mate Andy or did Nancy look a bit like Brian James formerly of the Damned but older and female?

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]