Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Maggot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:17 am    Author: Maggot    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
She was crackers :shock:

I thought "what the hell" when the game started and mostly thought that all the way through - poor Noel looked like he was trying to jolly her along out of fear! You could see he was really jumpy and probably wanted to strap her to the chair!

Mind you she has always been a bit emotional, she had a little outburst yesterday even, during Nalini's game. Hope she enjoys her money...maybe a visit to a "health" spa wouldn't be a bad thing - she ought to take Betty too :D

never_wrong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:11 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Granted, I only saw the final ten minutes of the game but Helen seemed sweet to me. I can only guess at what she must have done earlier on to piss off so many of you.

Maggot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Author: Maggot    Post subject:

Don't get me wrong, she wasn't evil or anything, just, um, strange and unpredictable - in a slightly unhinged way. Nice person I'm sure, and I wish her well

Red_Fire16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:58 am    Author: Red_Fire16    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Helen refuses to go to the pound table!!! :shock: Noel goes over to her and pleads with her to take her place, she still refuses so Noel says he will have to go to the audience for a player!!! He asks who in the audience would like to play for a chance of £250,000, and this spurs Helen to take the 'walk of wealth' :P

Helen has box 11 today.

Helen is involved in the licensing trade and training in all aspects of it, she has some pics which we see, there is a pic of her dad who passed away 2 years ago.

Here we go..................

LOL! That was really funny. I have never seen a player refuse to go to the 'pound table' before. :shock:

TicTac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:35 pm    Author: TicTac    Post subject:

I really want to see the start out of curiosity - no one to fulfill that for me by maybe sending it or putting it on youtube ;)

Tobias Vaughan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:08 pm    Author: Tobias Vaughan    Post subject:

never_wrong wrote:
Granted, I only saw the final ten minutes of the game but Helen seemed sweet to me. I can only guess at what she must have done earlier on to *beep* off so many of you.

Well it's all discussed earlier in the thread so no need to guess.

Personally, I found her very tedious and it's hard to get interested in the show when the contestant is annoying. Shame they couldn't have had somebody better for the 300th.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Tobias Vaughan wrote:
never_wrong wrote:
Granted, I only saw the final ten minutes of the game but Helen seemed sweet to me. I can only guess at what she must have done earlier on to *beep* off so many of you.

Well it's all discussed earlier in the thread so no need to guess.

Personally, I found her very tedious and it's hard to get interested in the show when the contestant is annoying. Shame they couldn't have had somebody better for the 300th.

Indeed I read all that but couldn't visualise how it managed to irk so many people. Sure, it sounds a little bit of an odd start to procedings but I wouldn't have thought it would affect how I viewed the player for the rest of the show. Maybe I just have to see it for myself.

Tobias Vaughan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:18 pm    Author: Tobias Vaughan    Post subject:

Probably. She came across as being quite aggressive and not very pleasant, really. She didn't do much later in the programme to show herself any differently, really.

I suppose it's human nature to take to some people more than others. It seems a lot of people didnt take to her, though.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Here you go; the beginning of Helen's game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKByDXJ9p0E

Make of it what you will...

Will

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:36 pm    Author: Will    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Here you go; the beginning of Helen's game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKByDXJ9p0E

Cheers for posting that Daniel. I missed the very start of the show by making a cuppa. Wondered what all the fuss was about!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done, Helen on your £21k - a good OPW! A very... er... interesting and unusual game...

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:58 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:

Haha! It's quite funny watching it back, I love the way Noel holds the chair up!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Then he nearly gets it caught in the phone cord!

Firecracker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:26 pm    Author: Firecracker    Post subject:

It is all in the editing isn't it surely. The show makes people look how they want to. Does not make them bad people. I thought she was just excited and obviously nervous. She clearly enjoyed her time on the show adn has been so supportive of others whilst on the wing. It seems that recently on here people just run the contestants down :cry: I don;t like it - especially when it is personal. These people are only Jo Bloggs off the street after all.

At the end of the day most of us would love to be in their shoes and who knows how we would reach - I would probably p+ss my pants just being that close to Noel!!

Well done Helen - enjoy your money - I think you were great x ;-)

TicTac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:52 pm    Author: TicTac    Post subject:

Thanks very much for that upload Daniel.

Watching it now, I can't believe how fierce she was at the start there. If it hadn't been set-up I don't think there would have been so much laughter, and there would have been more shock. .

[ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]