Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:15 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:15 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

JamesR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Author: JamesR    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
wakey1512 wrote:
I never used hindsight. I always no deal.

So you'd say "That's the consequences of dealing" when someone clearly beats the banker by selling a low-value box for a large amount of money?

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:04 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone Alan! :D

wakey1512

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:16 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

JamesR wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
I never used hindsight. I always no deal.

So you'd say "That's the consequences of dealing" when someone clearly beats the banker by selling a low-value box for a large amount of money?

But there are different situations where deal and no deal are good. Billy's £50,000 was a clear deal in most people's books, and although I may have done something different, I can't dislike his choice because it was a good one. Paul A's deal and Alan's deal as an example, were never likely were going to be great deals. On a board like Paul A's which was a clear no deal, you are going likely have to face the consequences if you deal.

My dislike club: The number 3

Jo the newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm    Author: Jo the newbie    Post subject:

Well done alan....

We should all remember its a whole different game when your in that crazy chair....£7500 not a bad amount, so enjoy your money and no regrets about what could have been
x

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Played Alan. £7,500 not bad, I would have gone all the way.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:30 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

In all honesty, with all due respect to Alan, as I can't comment having never been there, sadly that wasn't the most thrilling game I'd ever seen, but mainly that was becuase it never looked like a big money game, with 2 of the power 5 gone in the 1st round, and the 50k gone shortly after! Alan didn't seem like a mad gambler who would go after one large value either.

And no matter how you look at it, any time you say "No Deal", it carries an element of risk, to a greater or lesser extent. I think the only one that don't are joke opening offers like the £8 and £6 to the two Johns. Alan's deal wasn't an obvious no-deal, I mean he took out 75k in the next 3 didn't he, and the offer dropped accordingly (it would have been even less in active play IMO!). Then he hit a 10% chance of a perfect round in the following three. If he'd left the 20k in his box with one of the blues, the offer still wouldn't have been more than £7,500, and he'd have had to have taken an alll-or-nothing gamble to have got more money!

Well played Alan!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:12 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
JamesR wrote:
:evil: Stupid box 4 :evil:

EXCUSE ME... Clever people leave 4 to the end...

You tell him wakey!! :-D I would have won the quater mill if I played today.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done Alan on your £7,500! Enjoy the money... it's a shame you could've got more though.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]