Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

RecordBaby™

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:32 pm    Author: RecordBaby™    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
LOL!

Dunno but it was funny!

I ♥ Marcus!

Sonnet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:37 pm    Author: Sonnet    Post subject:

"Aaron please...."

*£250,000 gone.....*

Maybe I'm the only one seeing this resemblance...

RecordBaby™

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:39 pm    Author: RecordBaby™    Post subject:

OMG! YES!

I ♥ Marcus!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

The enthusiam today all seemed a bit false. I realise this was a Saturday game and they may have not wanted a dull contestant but something seemed a bit forced today.

Devious_flame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Author: Devious_flame    Post subject:

Yeah, well it was annoyin! hopefully monday will be a better game!!

bork

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Author: bork    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
The only offer he got that was worth considering was the £18,000, which was the 3rd offer and not many would go at that stage with a reasonable looking board.

Exactly. He made the right decision at the time, and just got unlucky. That's the thing about playing the odds, they sometimes go against you. I don't think the crowd was too much of a factor in that decision.

He did get annoying though.

I still don't think that the show stands up to an hour running time. There was far too much padding tonight. If I was to introduce someone to the show it wouldn't be a Saturday episode.

bushy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:15 am    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Unfortunately today was the first show I had to miss owing to a prior engagement.

It seems I only have big numbers on Saturdays (£75k last week, though after Marcus had dealt).

It is so dispiriting opening the £250k, especially after the £100k had just gone; I really feel for those contestants who had large numbers several times like Aileen and Sandra.

Jim perhaps over-acted his show but he was a really genuine nice guy whose way of coping with pressured situations was to go a bit OTT.

bork

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

You coped well bushy, an hour of that was a bit much, I couldn't have taken the entire filming time.

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:30 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Bad luck

The banker read the situation well in enticing Jim into playing on when perhaps he should have dealt. I thought £18,000 was an unusually high deal for that stage of the game, but reckoned that the banker was aware of a bravado response from the contestant egged on by an excessively rowdy audience. I just got the feeling that at that stage it was as good as it was going to get, and sadly that proved to be the case. There is a danger in relying on the audience for advice in as much as the fact that they want to be entertained, and games that go on longer before the deal is made are more entertaining, also as Noel often points out, it is not their money to gamble with.

bushy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:35 am    Author: bushy    Post subject:

A lot of my fellow contestants were angry with the audience after that show - but in all honesty I think Jim would have made the same decisions regardless; he said later that despite the performance he felt in control all the time.

That said, they did chuck a few of the most drunk members of the audience out before we recorded Monday's show.

bork

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:52 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

bushy wrote:

That said, they did chuck a few of the most drunk members of the audience out before we recorded Monday's show.

Really? That is interesting.

Can you elaborate anymore given your current posuition?

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:56 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Aaron - is that really you, I feel embarrassed about some previous posts :oops: in a nice way I must add...

Well, Jim's game was... erm.. different... I really liked him when opening boxes but he did slightly start to annoy me when in the hot seat! I don't blame the audience as jim got them involved from the start and 'let them in' for want of a better way of putting it... not all contestants do that...

That's the way this game goes and we have had some high red boxes in the previous games so he may have been lulled into a false sense of security...

Interesting though, it never occurred to me that some members of the audience could be drunkard :shock:

Caz x

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:25 am    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Car0line wrote:
Interesting though, it never occurred to me that some members of the audience could be drunkard :shock:

Well it's obviously picked up a big student following now, so it's quite likely that there will be crowds of young people in the audience who may be drunk. It can add to the atmosphere but I'm sure they will be keen to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, or influence the game too much - some contestants may thrive on having a bunch of p*ssed-up students cheering them on but others might find it very off-putting.

bork

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:37 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

What time do they record? Jims show was the second show recorded out of the three for the day.

How drunk can they be?

How many shows admit drunk students into the audience?

I'm not being sarcy, I would really like to know.

naughty10382

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:42 am    Author: naughty10382    Post subject:

The game would have been more entertaining for me personally if Jim hadn't been so OTT - it was amusing at first, but by the first break I was ready to turn over. Unfortunately the urge to follow the game through meant I didn't turn over... this show is too addictive. :)

I always think if you play right to the end, you should ALWAYS have faith in the box you have in front of you.

Stonefish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:08 am    Author: Stonefish    Post subject:

Kevin_Ball wrote:
Quote:
I dont think you get confirmation if you havent been selected do you? I was under the impression you just dont hear anything back.

When did you have your audition?

I meant i hope to hear within the next week that i have been selected....how silly of you.

I had my audition on Tuesday 2nd March

So your definitely appearing then?

No Deal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:33 am    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

naughty10382 wrote:
I always think if you play right to the end, you should ALWAYS have faith in the box you have in front of you.

Totally agree with you there. I would NEVER dream of swapping boxes. If it turns out the higher amount was in another box, then so be it- the Banker doesn't always offer a swap anyway. But if the higher amount is in your box and then you swap it, like Jim did, then that must be a terribly gutting and depressing feeling. Choose your box and stick with it, that's what I say!

:D

jonny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:48 am    Author: jonny    Post subject:

i think there is just as good a chance of getting a big number if you swap as if you stick with your original box. you may have been really lucky enough to not pick the £250,000 box to open for example, and may have been unlucky enough to have the 1p box...

either way, the chance of you having a specific box is 1/22, or at that stage 1/2...so there is a case for swapping and not swapping. but i wouldn't swap, just because it would sting so bad if i got the lower value!

anyway, i missed jim's show, so i'll watch it tonight now that more 4 are repeating them!

isn't it funny the three primetimes have all been very "interesting" shows...? sam, marcus and now jim's games are all probably going to be remembered... ;)

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:51 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Awww I love Jim R, he rocks, such a shame he only went away with £500 though. :(

Last edited by "The Banker" on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devious_flame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:54 am    Author: Devious_flame    Post subject:

:D This is the longest Dond game thread!! obviously loads of people were interested in this game!! :)

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]