Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:50 am Last visit was: Wed May 22, 2024 12:50 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:52 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
smooth_criminal wrote:
:x The banker is really annoying me lately - he rewarded Mark's courage by offering him 26k, yet Sharron was really courageous to go on with only the 20k left and he offered her a measly 3k!

Yes because her final 2 were literally all or peanuts. To be honest, I feel the £3,000 offer was fair, because either she risk it all and go for it, or she play it safe and go away with something.

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:39 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

A near perfect game. Well done Mark!

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:47 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
smooth_criminal wrote:
:x The banker is really annoying me lately - he rewarded Mark's courage by offering him 26k, yet Sharron was really courageous to go on with only the 20k left and he offered her a measly 3k!

Yes because her final 2 were literally all or peanuts. To be honest, I feel the £3,000 offer was fair, because either she risk it all and go for it, or she play it safe and go away with something.

I think any final two involving the 1p will result in an insulting joke offer. Fadil, Debbie, Sharron and Conell are all prime examples of this.

Fadil had £35,000 and the 1p and was offered £7,200.

Debbie would have had the £250,000 and the 1p, would have been offered £60,000.

Sharron had the £20,000 and the 1p and was offered £3,000.

Conell had the £10,000 and the 1p and was offered £2,000.

My dislike club: The number 3

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:11 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Don't forget Nick with £100 vs. 1p, offer @ £30... *cough* What? He said he would've gone at £40. >___>

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:36 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Good recovery from yesterday, well done Mark! Incidentally that's the second time a 1p game has been follwed by a £26k win (Nick and Jenni was the other). Spooky!

Oh, and they really cocked up with the arrangement of the Marks. If the Mark who played today (Mark A) had started one game later than he did, and played one day earlier than he did, they could have had three consecutive Marks on the end of the West Wing. Forward planning, people!!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
Don't forget Nick with £100 vs. 1p, offer @ £30... *cough* What? He said he would've gone at £40. >___>

Well, 1p and £100 with an offer of £30 is pretty okayish if you think about it. Just like £30,000 with the 1p and the £100,000 on the board. Considering David took £30,000 with the same set-up except the 1p being £10,000, thats pretty decent although crap at the same time (Then again, David dealt all on a bent peice of metal / horseshoe).

My dislike club: The number 3

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:28 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

David's offer would have been like being offered £30 on a £100/£10 last two. That was possibly the worst deal I've ever seen, lose £20k or gain £70k! Still, he got away with it! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:30 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Meh, it was a bad offer, but I think I'd have Dealt too...£30k feels much more life-changing to me than £10k. Anyway, it wasn't David who decided to Deal, it was his lucky horseshoe. ;)

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:35 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
David's offer would have been like being offered £30 on a £100/£10 last two. That was possibly the worst deal I've ever seen, lose £20k or gain £70k! Still, he got away with it! :)

I think the relative significance of the amounts has an effect here, I mean with £100/£10 remaining you would probably no-deal anything under the mean, whereas £30k compared to £10k could make a big difference to someone, enough for them to even decide not to gamble it for a possible £100k.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
I thought he was going to Deal that last offer, what with the pressure from his wife and the fact that he's advised so many other contestants to Deal in the past. Pretty sure he'll take this next offer, unless it's something ridiculous.

Incidentally, I think this would have been the first game recorded after the week's break - you can see it in some of the contestants' hairstyles!

Ah, yes, because the last episode due to be recorded on 5th May, today's episode, was cancelled due to old lady fainting in the audience, and they realised it was too hot to continue, so they stopped. That week break would explain P aul's different hairstyle!

Qwerty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:10 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
I thought he was going to Deal that last offer, what with the pressure from his wife and the fact that he's advised so many other contestants to Deal in the past. Pretty sure he'll take this next offer, unless it's something ridiculous.

Incidentally, I think this would have been the first game recorded after the week's break - you can see it in some of the contestants' hairstyles!

Ah, yes, because the last episode due to be recorded on 5th May, today's episode, was cancelled due to old lady fainting in the audience, and they realised it was too hot to continue, so they stopped. That week break would explain P aul's different hairstyle!

I thought this too - Paul and Sal both looked different! :D

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

So did Michaela and Steph!

Mark(dogman)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:51 pm    Author: Mark(dogman)    Post subject:

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad you seemed to enjoy my show, as I certainly did. I thought it was going to go drastically wrong taking out the 100k and 75k in the first round, but I managed to turn it around.

Very stressful sat in 'the chair', but definately one of the best experiences of my life. Thanks again for the comments and support. Good luck to everyone with their web entries and anyone who has applied for an audition.

Regards.

Mark, former west wing contestant!

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]