Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:21 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Hello Sharron, sorry that you only won a penny. :(

Last edited by "The Banker" on Tue May 26, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:51 am    Author: Steve    Post subject:

I had to record this game because I wasn't in, but it really was a great game.

Shame about the penny :( I wanted more for Sharon.

I feel sorry for (*can't remember his name*) having to stand up all the time :lol: :-D

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:52 am    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Paul, i think.

My dislike club: The number 3

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hello, Sharron! Welcome to the site!

Don't worry about what people on the Channel 4 forum think, money means different things to everybody, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. They clearly don't think everybody is entitled to their own opinion on the Channel 4 site, but that's their problem, not yours!

Being only 18 myself, I'd say that £20k is quite a huge chunk of money, but I can see why you said it's not life changing for you. That's fair enough!

And in any case, I don't think Noel actually refers to the £20k as life chaning money, it's not one of the Power 5, so I don't see what is wrong with saying that £20k wouldn't change your life! And like Dan said, it made it less painful for me to watch when you won the 1p! Obviously it'd been great if you'd won more, but you should feel privilged to be the second female winner in the 1p club!

By the way, did you get to keep the 1p label from your box like Sally did?What was it like seeing 4 out of 12 games being 1p games, seeing as they were filmed in the space of only a few days? Even stranger that 2 of those 12 games were also huge money games (Nick and Lance)!

Great to see you here, Sharron!

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:42 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Hello, Sharron! Welcome to the site!

Don't worry about what people on the Channel 4 forum think, money means different things to everybody, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. They clearly don't think everybody is entitled to their own opinion on the Channel 4 site, but that's their problem, not yours!

Being only 18 myself, I'd say that £20k is quite a huge chunk of money, but I can see why you said it's not life changing for you. That's fair enough!

And in any case, I don't think Noel actually refers to the £20k as life chaning money, it's not one of the Power 5, so I don't see what is wrong with saying that £20k wouldn't change your life! And like Dan said, it made it less painful for me to watch when you won the 1p! Obviously it'd been great if you'd won more, but you should feel privilged to be the second female winner in the 1p club!

By the way, did you get to keep the 1p label from your box like Sally did?What was it like seeing 4 out of 12 games being 1p games, seeing as they were filmed in the space of only a few days? Even stranger that 2 of those 12 games were also huge money games (Nick and Lance)!

Great to see you here, Sharron!

It is referred to as the... ROCK!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:51 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

At least you're in the Hall of Fame, Sharron. :)

the1pclub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:54 pm    Author: the1pclub    Post subject:

wokoman88 wrote:

Clear proof that this game doesn't like you if your female and your name begins with S..

Shell had an offer of £4,300 for an all-blue opening
Sara missed out on the dream finish.
Sandra won £12,900 but had £100,000
Simone won £1
Stevie won £1,300 after rejecting £21,056
Sally won 1p
Sharron won 1p

wakey1512: We'll see what Sal wins then!

Well, here's me hoping for one that it's not an omen for Steph's game as well.

DON'T FORGET, IT'S TAX FREE!!

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:02 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

the1pclub wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:

Clear proof that this game doesn't like you if your female and your name begins with S..

Shell had an offer of £4,300 for an all-blue opening
Sara missed out on the dream finish.
Sandra won £12,900 but had £100,000
Simone won £1
Stevie won £1,300 after rejecting £21,056
Sally won 1p
Sharron won 1p

wakey1512: We'll see what Sal wins then!

Well, here's me hoping for one that it's not an omen for Steph's game as well.

Ah indeed, sorry for missing you off, Steph!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That £3k offer on a 1p/20k last two has got me thinking what the offer could possibly be on a 1p/£250k decision in active play. Debbie was offered £60k in the proveout, when offers can be inflated.

The fact that Sharron's offer was only 15% of the higher amount, means that the banker could go to under £40k with 1p/250k left. I would hope in that situation that the contestant no-deals and wins the jackpot to teach the banker a lesson!

To be honest, if I'd been in Sharron's position, I'd have been more upset if I'd dealt and had £20k in the box (thereby throwing away £17k) than no-dealing £3k and ending up with 1p! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

uksassy1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:57 pm    Author: uksassy1    Post subject:

Thanks again guys,

H2005 thanks too, WOW at 18 years old, £20K would have been an enormous amount to me - I hope you dont think i'm being patronising, but at 18 i would have thought £20 was loads! Therefore, your kind words mean even more, it shows great maturity that you can see things from a different perspective.

Yes I did get my 1p sign from my box and Noel signed it for me with a rather uninspirational

"To Sharron
Lots of Love
Noel Edmonds"

It's at home, but I havent done anything with it yet. I got my cheque for 1p ages ago and I show it to people all the time and it always makes them laugh, as i said on screen, if i won a small ammount i'd rather it be 1p than 10p! (no offence to the 10p mob, if there is one!)

You are right, my final offer was AWFUL - but there's no point bellyaching about it, I'd have dealt if it was 8K or more - but as it was a long way from that I just went for it.

I still dont regret it, although I'm having an extension built at the moment and i got an unexpected bill for 3K and I thought, "DAMN! If I'd have accepted that last offer, DOND could have paid for this!" but It made me laugh, rather than be angry!

Another time I was in Morrisons and I wanted 20 Silk Cut, which cost £5.01 and I only had £5 on me! So I could have done with my 'windfall' then!

Its all good fun isnt it, I had a free holiday in Bristol with accomadation, booze, food and the toiletires I nicked from the hotel, met some really cool people and got on the tellly. But as I said, I'/m not in a rush to go on anything else...

Thanks again for your support guys, Sharron x

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:16 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

uksassy1 wrote:
Thanks again guys,

H2005 thanks too, WOW at 18 years old, £20K would have been an enormous amount to me - I hope you dont think i'm being patronising, but at 18 i would have thought £20 was loads! Therefore, your kind words mean even more, it shows great maturity that you can see things from a different perspective.

Yes I did get my 1p sign from my box and Noel signed it for me with a rather uninspirational

"To Sharron
Lots of Love
Noel Edmonds"

It's at home, but I havent done anything with it yet. I got my cheque for 1p ages ago and I show it to people all the time and it always makes them laugh, as i said on screen, if i won a small ammount i'd rather it be 1p than 10p! (no offence to the 10p mob, if there is one!)

You are right, my final offer was AWFUL - but there's no point bellyaching about it, I'd have dealt if it was 8K or more - but as it was a long way from that I just went for it.

I still dont regret it, although I'm having an extension built at the moment and i got an unexpected bill for 3K and I thought, "*beep*! If I'd have accepted that last offer, DOND could have paid for this!" but It made me laugh, rather than be angry!

Another time I was in Morrisons and I wanted 20 Silk Cut, which cost £5.01 and I only had £5 on me! So I could have done with my 'windfall' then!

Its all good fun isnt it, I had a free holiday in Bristol with accomadation, booze, food and the toiletires I nicked from the hotel, met some really cool people and got on the tellly. But as I said, I'/m not in a rush to go on anything else...

Thanks again for your support guys, Sharron x

Gosh, how can they afford to keep buying 1p signs!

Sassy Steph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:44 pm    Author: Sassy Steph    Post subject:

Shazza babe, don't worry about them.... I've just read that someone thought I was arrogant!!!! :(

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:14 am    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

WHAT!?

Just send Maudy on DS, she will sort em out ;)

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:18 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Well Maudy did kill my Alien... :shock:

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]