Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:32 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:09 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Normally, but he has offered the mean a few times - Fin, Julia, Bianca and Pennie all spring to mind. £28k would be an easy No Deal for me on that board, anyway.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:10 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Yes, he would. Its the middle. Even he offered Bianca £2000 with £1000 and £3000 left, so it is possible.

My dislike club: The number 3

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

I agree with the 35k assessment. He certainly wouldn't have offered any less than 30k - there would have been no point as I'm pretty sure 90% of players would have gambled at the end.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:53 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:D Chris was great. I'm so glad she won a decent amount, but it's sure not going to be the same without her on the wings.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:58 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

I think Marks advice sucked. Im glad Chris ignored it on the 3rd offer, and she should have no dealed the 4th, but im not gonna hold that against her as it wasnt the third or less one.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:16 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well, as a false spoiler had suggested she may win 50p I'm just glad it turned out to be the first red amount won this week!

Shame she turned out to have the £50k in her box but if she had gone on at £25k she may well have bailed out at £8k next offer which would have been much worse. Recent games may have influenced her but a great result anyway.

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:42 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

A much nicer watch after the week we've had so far! I got the impression from what Chris said in the show that she's never had a great deal of money so 25k is a massive win for her. I'm a bit of a sucker for the proverbial 'rags to riches' contestants! :-D

I might have been tempted to carry on for one further round given the board, but as Power5 says above, she was possibly influenced by the games that had gone before, and I couldn't blame her for that.

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:57 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Well done Chris glad you had a decent result

greg722

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:25 pm    Author: greg722    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
Mental Mickey wrote:
kestral wrote:
Chris straight away asks everyone in the audience to stand up and give her a 'wiggle' and make loads of noise...... Think we could be in for a lively show today :P

I'm sorry. That bit made me cringe in embarrassment and put a big strike against her name in my little black book. I'm interested to see what is in her little DonD box and who she gives it to, but she just seems a bit too hyper for my liking. Maybe she'll calm down a bit when the show gets a bit further in. Still, that doesn't mean I don't want her to win big - we've had quite a few small winners recently and we need to turn the luck around before Saturday. :D

Very good point MM, and just what I was thinking. She's a little bit too much for my liking. I'm not writing her off, but I'm not that keen on contestants who dismiss Noel and harp on about it being THEIR show. They're very lucky to be there in the first place. Hope she improves a little.

Let's tell it like it is, she had to be one of the most annoying, irritating contestants ever. The first time I have ever wanted someone to walk away with 1p.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:09 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

With 1p and other low amounts still on the board, £25,000 was a good deal! There should be no regrets.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:32 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

For me, Lee or Melanie were the people i wanted to win 1p.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
For me, Lee or Melanie were the people i wanted to win 1p.

But surely you didn't hate them until they dealt early... and you can't win 1p after you've dealt! :?

AVIE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:41 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

I agree with Domino, as soon as I heard the offer would have been £35K I yelled, 'NO F*****NG WAY would he have offered that if she was still in play', I reckon under any other circumstances, he'd have offered £25K, but since she'd already dealt at that amount, he went higher to look as if he'd won. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, having seen some of the ridiculously low offers he's been making the past couple of weeks, I reckon that was just an ego boost for him, like Domino said.

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:47 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Ridiculously low offers?? I think he's been really generous lately! The only really mean offer I can think of is Connell's £2k with 1p and £10k left. (Well, and John's £6 and £1, of course...)

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:28 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Yey! Welldone Chris! :-D

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:36 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I reckon the final offer should have been £34,000. Just to attempt to save money relative to the mean. :D

Best game in a while - not that this is saying much for me, with four train wrecks in five games and the fifth being £50k for a mad gambler I really didn't warm to. And I found Chris annoying too, but I suppose she had a personality!

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:03 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Well done Chris!

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:08 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

AVIE wrote:
I agree with Domino, as soon as I heard the offer would have been £35K I yelled, 'NO F*****NG WAY would he have offered that if she was still in play', I reckon under any other circumstances, he'd have offered £25K, but since she'd already dealt at that amount, he went higher to look as if he'd won. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, having seen some of the ridiculously low offers he's been making the past couple of weeks, I reckon that was just an ego boost for him, like Domino said.

But why would he do that? To look good? No ones really bothered if he is beaten. So he would have offered that much. Its happened before. His previous offers have absolutely no relevance to it unless he uses a theme like todays 7's.

Ian W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Well done Chris

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:37 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]