Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mattwc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:56 pm    Author: mattwc    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
:shock: awwwwww 1p :(

Lee - Open Box 23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:57 pm    Author: Lee - Open Box 23    Post subject:

mattwc wrote:
:shock: awwwwww 1p :(
NOOO
I was watching online and my PC Stopped before the box opened and closed the screen
Must have been Bad if that happend

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Total train wreck, but at least it proved the Banker doesn't know the box values I guess. I was convinced he had 1p in his original box after the last offer, the previous two weren't great either.

Having said that, the third offer was walking money for me, as it has been the last two days.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:01 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Oh God, what a horrible game. 1p (again!!) is bad enough, but swapping £10,000 for it.... :shock:

Like I said, I'd probably have taken the £18,004.50, but if I had turned that down then I'd have gone all the way.

:cry:

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:04 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

SPOILERS POSTED IN TODAYS SHOW THREAD....

There were a number of spoilers posted or VERY heavy hints as to the outcome of the game today as the commentary was being written live for the show.

A lot of people follow the commentary live as they don't have access to a TV to view the show live and also some people like to post comments as the game plays out.

Posting spoilers to the outcome of the game BEFORE it has finished ruins the enjoyment of the show for these members hence why we have a spoiler policy on the site.

I would greatly appreciate if any chat about the results of the games can be kept to the spoiler thread in the contestants section or chatted about after the outcome of the game.

Many Thanks

Kestral

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:x That last offer was disgusting, especially considering he offered Buddy straight down the middle on saturday. I thought he would have offered £4,500 since that seemed to be the theme.

Lee - Open Box 23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:06 pm    Author: Lee - Open Box 23    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
SPOILERS POSTED IN TODAYS SHOW THREAD....

There were a number of spoilers posted or VERY heavy hints as to the outcome of the game today as the commentary was being written live for the show.

A lot of people follow the commentary live as they don't have access to a TV to view the show live and also some people like to post comments as the game plays out.

Posting spoilers to the outcome of the game BEFORE it has finished ruins the enjoyment of the show for these members hence why we have a spoiler policy on the site.

I would greatly appreciate if any chat about the results of the games can be kept to the spoiler thread in the contestants section or chatted about after the outcome of the game.

Many Thanks

Kestral
I Agree
I was disspointed about seeing them

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
Yes. Sorry Kes. Hands up to that one. Guilty as charged. I wasn't thinking! :oops:

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:13 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Mental Mickey wrote:
Yes. Sorry Kes. Hands up to that one. Guilty as charged. I wasn't thinking! :oops:

Thanks Mickey

It's difficult not to mention or chat about the outcome during a game as it unfolds if you know the result , but there are a lot of people who read these commentaries live so it's nice to keep the result out of the thread for them.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:15 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Wasn't Sally's highest offer £18,000?

Strange how both recent 1p winners have a max offer of £18,000 (ignoring the £4.50 from Mrs. Pouty-Wife, she looked quite moody >_>)

Oh, and also, there's not been a game where the player wins 1p and the viewer wins £10,000, right? 'cause it'd be funny if the viewer won 1,000,000 times what the player won... Kind of... >_>

Qwerty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:17 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
Wasn't Sally's highest offer £18,000?

Strange how both recent 1p winners have a max offer of £18,000 (ignoring the £4.50 from Mrs. Pouty-Wife, she looked quite moody >_>)

£18,800 I believe.

Gutted for Connell :(

Any pics Kes like you did for Sally's game? :D

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

Zeddie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:21 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Oh, £18,800 then. I missed the first 2 parts of Sally's game so I wasn't sure.

During the last round, I was kind of hoping (not in a cruel way, but in a sort of "Ooh, another one for the hall of fame?" kind of way) that Connell would be left with the 1p and 10p, so he'd get an offer of ~4p, possibly even 2p. That would've been kinda funny, in a sort of cruel way...

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Yeah, Sally's was £18,800 - before her game, the highest offer a 1p winner had turned down was just £10,150!

After Buddy had the biggest ever win on a Saturday, this is the lowest ever win on a Monday. Thursday and Saturday are the only days that haven't produced 1p wins - Tuesday and Friday have seen two each.

Which means....absolutely nothing at all, really.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:24 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Edit: That's weird, I appeared to make a post here with the last round stats again, when I wasn't online at the time. :?

Last edited by crazyeddie on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:40 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Oh God, what a horrible game. 1p (again!!) is bad enough, but swapping £10,000 for it.... :shock:

Like I said, I'd probably have taken the £18,004.50, but if I had turned that down then I'd have gone all the way.

lol, you would have won 50p as well as a lovely sum of money! :)

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

:( Unlucky, and sometimes courage doesn't pay off like it should does it? Especially cruel with the reference to his four daughters by the banker. Interesting that even after yesterday's big win game the contestants offered some uncharacteristically cautious advice after Connell's biggest offer, with a warning that £18,04.50 could potentially turn into 1p which is exactly what happened! Very unlucky though, and I think there are enough members of the 1p club now for the novelty of being in it to have just about gone, but maybe not! :?

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:48 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

mtugby wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:

lol, you would have won 50p as well as a lovely sum of money! :)

I didn't think of that...it would have been perfect! :D

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:52 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Connell so sorry to see you go with the 1p didn't expect that to happen so soon after it happened to poor Sally a couple of days ago

Suez

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

rico7 wrote:
:( Unlucky, and sometimes courage doesn't pay off like it should does it? Especially cruel with the reference to his four daughters by the banker. Interesting that even after yesterday's big win game the contestants offered some uncharacteristically cautious advice after Connell's biggest offer, with a warning that £18,04.50 could potentially turn into 1p which is exactly what happened! Very unlucky though, and I think there are enough members of the 1p club now for the novelty of being in it to have just about gone, but maybe not! :?

Very true Rico, although it could also have been the result of some crafty editing! :-D 19 of the players may have advised him to carry on but I guess it looks more poignant after the event if they only show the comments by Mark and Chris (I think it was)

Poor bloke. Must be even more devastating to know you had a five figure sum in your grasp all the time and then let it slip away at the end :cry:

AVIE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:37 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Wow - I think I'd have taken that £18,004.50. Why are the early offers so big lately??

Yep, I would definitely have gone at that point too. Even if I didn't already know he went for 1p, I'd stiull have gone at £18K

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]