Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:23 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:23 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:25 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016

Warnings: 0
Does Anyone Know Any Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016. Thank you :D

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016

I think it's mostly just big wins on YouTube from 2011 to 2016. Possibly due to the show's ailing appeal since the show's switch to the 1 hour timeslot

Though they do have Rod's game from March 2014 (though the picture quality isn't terribly good) as well as snippets of early 2014 games like Jason and Keith

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016

The sparsity of post 2010 game on the 'Tube isn't aided by the general diminishing of home recordings being retained, if they were even made to begin with.

Many of the 2006/7 games were recorded in bulk on VHS formats and this technological tide turned with indecent haste. This accounts for lots of the 'golden age' episodes being available for viewing because, even as recently as 2006, if you didn't catch the edition at its 16:15 broadcast slot, it was lost to the ether as this ephemeral epoch predated catch-up services in the form of C4+1 and streams such as 40d, whilst Youtube was still not the biggest fish in the pond - only momentous occasions would be worthy of an upload in the 10 minute MAX days. 'Regular' episodes would become obscure the moment Noel waved the viewers goodbye at 16:56. To whit, if you wanted a copy of these games, or you were too busy to watch live, then it was still VHS as your saviour. And with a physical tape in your hand, you were inclined to store it.

2010 onwards? Nobody was doing this. Can't watch it in contemporaneous accordance to its live broadcast slot? Catch it an hour later on C4+1. Traffic still bad? It'll turn up on More4 in the evening, or 4/7 later that week sometime. Failing this, sign into your 40D account and choose any time in the next 30 days to catch up on Reg winning 50p in miserable style. And if they made a recording in the form of Sky Plus, then retention was less of a staple owing to data space limitations. Worth keeping a transient game show when you could fancy filling up the space for Strictly Come Dancing later in the TV calendar?

As a result, we've reached a peculiar age when TV broadcast in the last decade is harder to come by than just about the most esoteric, fleeting transmissions of the 80s - 00s. You can jigsaw together entire weeks of 1990's BBC broadcasts - complete with ident/continuity framework - from fragmented uploads spread across a plethora of independent Youtube accounts procuring from separate archives of assorted VHS tapes. Entire episodes of DOND in that 2011 - 2016 era? Only, if even *this*, saved across multiple external hard drives from effective collectors of the show. It's why you can watch the likes of Terry and Julie easily obtaining a few thousand apiece in long forgotten 2006 episodes, but seismic games like James and his all red 8-box in 2012 and landmark unlucky Chucks/big wins in the hour long, dyed beard, Box 23 era have never really been available to watch. Case in point being a 2014 game where the player eliminated 9 reds in a row from the beginning of the game. This would have been a bedrock in the annuls of the game's history if it'd occurred in the show's most popular time, but with it occurring a couple of stops from the bus depot, even *fans on this forum* didn't realise such an event had happened.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016

Psychokiller is once again spewing trollish nonsense. :P

Many people have tried to post 2011-2016 episodes in the past, but the problem is endemol is more strict in reporting the new graphics era episodes and many of the videos are blocked and/or taken down as a result.

Some other game shows, however, are being posted on YouTube every day/week like never before. This is how I exclusively watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
it was lost to the ether as this ephemeral epoch

That is magnificent.

Anyhow, I have a vaguely-relevant comment to add regarding something loosely-related to the topic at hand. Actually, no, that was it, but I will say I quite enjoyed reading through all of that. Proof that what at first appears to be an endless canal of crap might just, in fact, be a river of gold, flowing freely through the valley of fond reminiscence. :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Episodes On YouTube From 2011 - 2016

Also, up until February 2011, the (now-defunct) ilovedealornodeal.co.uk site, run by Kestrel, used to post the last 10-15 minutes of daily games from the start of Season 2 in 2006-onwards, but in February 2011, the site abruptly stopped being updated completely and then some 12-18 months later, the site shut down completely

I still wonder if Kes was losing interest in the show, and that the expansion to an hour long timeslot broke the camel's back - I remember watching some episodes from late 2010 on the site in its twilight years and noticed the atmosphere in the studio had become so flat compared to the early seasons :smt009

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]