Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rodders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:25 pm    Author: Rodders    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I think she still would have got that offer myself as the banker cant take any chances he wants to win all the time :lol:

Padmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:10 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject:

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy with Lisa as she led everyone up the garden path and Noel was totally right in 'having a go' at her, following all of her talk about gambling etc...

Lisa was not controlled and level headed, she did not do as she speaks, she wimped out instead...

I may sound harsh, but why all the rubbish talk to only walk away...I take the same line with Trevor...in that he explained that he wanted the money for a trip to Australia and was then offered that amount £10k, however he then decided he wanted more so that he could give to his family and thus gambled and lost...

My point is that he made a decision and stuck by it....lost but stuck to his decision....brave man and admire him for doing so. Whereas Lisa spoke the spoke but failed to deliver...

Enough ranting for one day, enjoy.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

lisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:28 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject: My game on 6th March

You are absolutely right, take a look at my thread on "introduce yourself"!!!! What can i say :oops:

Lisa

J.R.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:59 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Padmaster wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy with Lisa as she led everyone up the garden path and Noel was totally right in 'having a go' at her, following all of her talk about gambling etc...

Perhaps, to Lisa, she was "gambling big".

Definitions of "gambling big" are different to different people. Perhaps someone is frightened to bet $10 when someone next to him has no problem slapping down $40,000 on red.

Anyway, I think she did the right thing and won a considerable amount of money! (I think £20,000 is about $35,000 US! Tax free!)

They're just words! No need to get enraged over them, Padmaster! :D

Additional: However, I myself would have played on. But I can respect the decision to quit at that stage. It could of gone the other way badly.

bork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:05 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

It was the image of "the gambler" that got that good offer in the first place. Nothing wrong with the deal.

Padmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject:

JRaygor wrote:
Padmaster wrote:

Perhaps, to Lisa, she was "gambling big".

They're just words! No need to get enraged over them, Padmaster! :D

JR - You are quite right, its just that I get annoyed at double standards on what people say and then do....as for me...I dont know what I would have done, but I would be carefull on what I say...

Still I promise not to get enraged again !

J.R.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:42 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Padmaster wrote:
JR - You are quite right, its just that I get annoyed at double standards on what people say and then do....as for me...I dont know what I would have done, but I would be carefull on what I say...

Still I promise not to get enraged again !

Don't worry about it! I wasn't mad at you at all, just wanted to point out something about your argument.

However, I agree with your above statement, I'd wouldn't want to give Noel's (or in my case: Howie's) and the viewer's hopes up by saying that I'll be a "high roller" and only be happy with an massive sum, especially if there's been a dry spell in big winnings. (For me: I wouldn't say I'm either a "high roller" or a "conservative" player. If it goes well for me, I'll have a go. If not, I'll do the deal.)

I like the nickname "JR"! Do you think I'm JR Ewing? :D

-Joe R.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'd have gone at £20,000 too. I said that instantly on Bother's Bar commentary when it came up, and I still believe that.

I also believe that the real offer would have been far less than £44,000 - as I said earlier, sticking at £20,000 would not have been unjustifiable. Noel played his Devil's Advocate role a bit too aggressively for my liking that game.

flash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:37 pm    Author: flash    Post subject:

Noel was very tough, but hey, it's a TV show they are making. We are just players in that. I did believe in Lisa being a gambler, so when she dealt I understood why, it was the best at the time!

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:26 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

KP wrote:

I also believe that the real offer would have been far less than £44,000 - as I said earlier, sticking at £20,000 would not have been unjustifiable. Noel played his Devil's Advocate role a bit too aggressively for my liking that game.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Although I suppose I asked for it by being the determined gambler and then quivering at 20K but at the end of the day, 20K was far too much money to gamble with when there were only 2 boxes left with a higher value. I would have had far more trouble living with the fact that i went on too far (remember, my box only contained £1) then missing out on a potentially increased offer. :D

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

flash wrote:
Noel was very tough, but hey, it's a TV show they are making. We are just players in that. I did believe in Lisa being a gambler, so when she dealt I understood why, it was the best at the time!

Spot on Flash!!

p.s. Have read your comments on digital spy. Well done you for standing up for yourself. You couldn't have put it any better. :) I wanted to do the same with the forum that slated me - they are even crueller!!!!

flash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:43 pm    Author: flash    Post subject:

Thanks Lisa! I'm quite used to getting the wrong kinds of comments - I get lots of email through my website, and some of it says how sad they think I am but when I look at the logs, they have spent ages reading it all!

I've had some lovely comments sent to me from other people on DS. Maybe they will realise we are people too, and will go easier on the next person. Who knows!

Coming back to being a gambler, as I said in my show, unlike gambling there's no next race to bet on... this is your one shot, so you can't afford to mess it up and have to take it a bit more seriously.

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:02 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

I think they realise that if they are constantly rude and launch personal attacks on contestants, they haven't got a snowball's chance of getting many of us on there chatting about our experiences. I have said it before, I am sure but I escaped lightly on there. I was expecting far worse!!!! I think some of them are geniune fans though.

Their attitude has changed towards you now they see you have had the balls to stand up for yourself, way to go girl!!!!! :D :D :D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

There seem to be three main unofficial DoND sites.

DS, which is full of character assassinations and is the home of people who hate the show.
Bother's Bar, which has always been the home of the statisticians (myself included) and tends to be highly objective in its approach, possibly to the point of bewildering a lot of outsiders.
And here, which is full of genuine enthusiasts who generally provide a very welcoming atmosphere. It's no surprise that contestants are gravitating here.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:21 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

KP wrote:

DS, which is full of character assassinations and is the home of people who hate the show.
Bother's Bar, which has always been the home of the statisticians (myself included) and tends to be highly objective in its approach, possibly to the point of bewildering a lot of outsiders.
And here, which is full of genuine enthusiasts who generally provide a very welcoming atmosphere. It's no surprise that contestants are gravitating here.

A sweeping, yet largely untrue statement. There are a handful, yet rather vocal group, of members who insult players for superficial reasons yet the core group of posters over the DS DOND thread are a good bunch of solid fans who hate the personal digs as much as the rest of us. It is unfair, though understandable, that they all get tarred with the same brush. Two people posted derogatory comments during yesterday's show - one has since apologised and the other has been banned.

lisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:27 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

KP wrote:

what about the channel4/deal or no deal forum or are you referring to that as an official site? If so, then shame on whoever runs the site for allowing some of the posts to remain.

Yes, Bother's Bar is amazing and makes very, very interesting reading. I think you guys over there are fantastic - definately for the statisticians.

Give it a couple of months and I am sure everyone will be amazed at the number of contestants - former, current and future that will be posting here, purely because we can discuss our love of the game with genuine fans and not fear a personal attack. I see that Kestral goes into action the minute an unnecessary comment is posted which is really great :D I wouldnt be here at all if it was not for the lovely, warm welcome I received to the forum and I would like to hope that I do likewise to other new members.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]