Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Warnings: 0
I wonder if the Glasgow show was always planned to be the final one transmitted given Noel wishing us a Merry Christmas or whether like the last 11 years, Noel just improvised that on the spot (or perhaps they did an extra take).

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:02 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

And that's it then

Thanks to everyone for your company over the years, and it has been an honour to help out with commentaries :)

Hopefully we will be doing this at some point again if the show comes back whether it be on Channel 4 or on another channel

Big thumbs up to all the commentators, number crunchers and stats people for all the work you did to keep this forum ticking over :smt023

Until we meet again, have a nice Christmas and New Year and keep on rocking

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
International Forums Moderator

And with my impartiality gone:

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I think KP will agree that this is without question the most deserved jackpot win. :D :D :-D :-D :smt023 :smt023

With the caveat that worthiness is a complex matter and goes beyond the gameplay (not going to argue too loudly with anyone who says Tegen was the worthiest recipient purely on non-gameplay grounds)... this was certainly a nailed-on example of the kind of £250k win I think I imagined liking the most, with multiple offers arguable either way being declined.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:04 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Well done Vikki on winning £250k. Not sure how well she'd have taken £750 in the box, although she certainly wasn't a whimpering wreck like some have been.

If this is the last we see of DOND, I'm glad they ended it this way. For many years I was dreading the last episode of DOND having Noel (and the banker) in full-on apocalypse mode, with cries of "it's the last chance for life-changing money!" completely overshadowing some poor soul's one go at the game. Thankfully, even with the tense climax and big ending, was completely bereft of hysterics and let the good game underneath it all shine through.

Hope Vikki gets all the cows she could possibly want! :cow

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

So it's all over. What an incredible journey it has been over the years. For sure, we all dropped off the show at various points over the years, but it was always there and in a way, always will be.

It was time for it to go, but it will surely be missed. We'll still be around playing our games for a while though, that's for sure. :)

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:07 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Mark wrote:
Brick wrote:
Mark wrote:
The final ever power five winner :D :D :D

The final ever jackpot winner :D :D :D

Number 9 :D... BUT it should have ended in DOUBLE figures...or even TRIPLE! YES REALLY...........over ONE HUNDRED winners!!!

They'd have cancelled the show before they got to 100 winners. They'd have run out of money.

The company behind the show probably makes millions each week / month.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was news to them... besides, people would still have got bored of all the jackpot wins long before they got to 100.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

The first ever show got around 3 million on 31st October 2005, I expect this show will get around half a million seeing as the news of the result of today's game was made public.

Anyone know which show which was the last ever one recorded?

johnr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:23 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Warwick Castle was the last one recorded

I reckon the one yesterday at Longleat was destined to be the final one shown based on how everyone was dressed up for Christmas and the first phone call of today's show was quickly recorded again after the JACKPOT win

Surprised the IA didn't pop out for some party poppers before Noel did the opening!

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Fanstastic! Congratulations Vikki and Well Done On becoming a £250,000 winner on the final Deal or No Deal.

And That is it The End. What a fantastic way to end the gameshow's run. I felt a bit sad as well when it ended.

It has been a fantastic gameshow and it will always be one of my all time favourites. I have enjoyed watching every moment of the show since it started back in 2005, it has been fantastic and Noel Edmonds is a legend.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone and to Noel and The Rest of The Team on Deal Or No Deal For Everything They Have Done Throughout the last 11 years. I'm going to miss this show and this entertainment drama, You have all been fantastic and I have so many happy memories of watching Deal or No Deal.

I'm looking forward to Noel's New TV work, starting with Noel's Sell or Swap which is on Next Week. Let's hope his new TV projects are successful like his other shows have been before.

But for now I would to wish You All a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

Goodbye Deal or No Deal and Thank You for being a brilliant gameshow.

Last edited by GAC1984 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:34 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Deal UK began on Halloween 2005 with a Banker Spanking – a £10 box sold for £14,000 – and it ended today with the best kind of Banker Spanking possible – a jackpot winner. Hats off to Vikki for being lucky number nine.

It’s been a wild ride, and we’ve all been part of it. We’ve seen history made, lives changed and millions of pounds given away to everyday people from all walks of life.

To the winners, I hope the experience was a memorable one, and the money you won helped you live our your dreams.

To the losers, you will never get any sympathy from me. You were greedy fools who did not understand the value of money, odds, and common sense. The results you got were the results you deserved.

To the people of this forum, we were brought here by our shared interest in this game show, and while we didn’t always see eye to eye, our differences made for some stimulating discussion.

Thank you, Endemol for giving us a truly terrific program. In today’s crowded TV market, 11 years is quite the accomplishment for any show. Some don’t even make it to 11 episodes.

Good bye, good luck, good deals, and God bless. Happy holidays to all.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Global Moderator

Couldn't have asked for a better end to the series! Thank you everyone involved, it's been a fantastic run! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:28 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

It has been a fantastic show! What an ending! Thank you everyone, who has participated in the commentaries for the last few years!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

A fitting end to an incredible saga in terms of TV game shows!

I'd like to also echo what everyone else has said so far, if we all had the same opinions it would have become old hat way sooner than it did, we've clashed at times and at others we've fiercely argued at some insane decisions. One thing we'll all agree on is that the show still kept us watching even if we didn't for a little bit and came back as if nothing happened! I slipped off the radar in terms of posting but I've never strayed too far off here.

Commentaries have been a great mixture of seriousness, wittiness, and all-round fun, even I managed to commentate a few times, including on a show I even watched in the audience!

Yes I'll miss the show, I think we all will!

Hope everyone has a brilliant Christmas, and hopefully will keep in touch with a few of you still!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
Administrator & Global Moderator

I started watching DoND from its first episode on 31 October 2005 and I religiously watched and followed all the twists and turns of it for many years. Being lucky enough to be a contestant and win some money from it was the massive cherry on the cake for me!

Whilst it's sad to see the show come to an end, I think just about every thing that could've happened did happen - there's been so many different types of contestants, games and events over the (almost) 3,000 shows. It's also testament to the show in itself that it managed to last for over 11 years.

Thank you to all those who provided show commentaries and contributed to the many discussions on here about the show over the years - there have been some fascinating viewpoints.

Of course it was kestral who set the forum up just three months after the show began (he's still around but has been unable to post on the forum much over the last few years due to other commitments). I spoke to him recently and, thankfully, there are no plans for this forum to close its doors, so there will be an indefinite record of all the shows, the twists, the turns, the discussions and so on. :smt023

Over the next few days I plan to update some of the show's stats sections, including the archive thread which has links to all the commentaries, as it's been a while since I updated them and it'd be nice to have a complete record.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Haven't seen the ep in full but obviously heard about the result, and felt I needed to also give my gratitude to the forum and its people. I do hope for a future for it even now that Deal has finished.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:33 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Nobody can take away the fact that DOND was a monumental part of my life in 2006, not even me. Memories I'll never forget. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

What a way to end a remarkable show that changed a lot of people's lives, and not just the contestants! The enduring friendships and relationships that have been built up in the community are unlike any other show on TV, the likes of which we'll probably never see again.

It evolved to being much more than a TV show; as a recording (certainly in the early days) it was a hugely immersive event, involving the audience like never before, with a dedicated production team making the experience of being a pilgrim enjoyable, and with the unpredictability that always kept you coming back! So much so that a group of 'regular' pilgrims formed from all parts of the country, connected, laughed, sometimes argued about the day's game or hypo swaps but overall had an amazing day out time and time again. I am very thankful for that. Personally, it made me less reserved about life. Indeed, Deal had the potential to make me philosophical about a lot of things.

But anyway, the show comes to perhaps its most fitting of conclusions; delivering the high drama for which it was renowned, to an audience that may not have been as fortunate to have made the trip to Bristol as much as I and many others on here.

So, farewell Deal, it's certainly been emotional. But in a way, its legacy will live on! :smt023

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:13 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

So DoND started and ended with an OPW, but I really was not expecting THAT! :shock: :shock: :D :-D

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

JamesJMH91 wrote:
So DoND started and ended with an OPW, but I really was not expecting THAT! :shock: :shock: :D :-D

The result was on many sites for around a month before it got aired.....

Digitalspy, the official site, etc.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:37 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

I'd started watching DOND back in 2005, the first episode and was hooked immediately! Then I didn't discover this amazing site until 2012, then left for a bit and come back! I haven't been watching the show for the last few years because it has been quite boring and the offer button and box 23, had made the show worse. I knew this day would happen, but it is for the best for the show to go to sleep now and it will always have a place in my heart. They has never been a gameshow, that has been addicting to watch as DOND. The Chase does come a close 2nd but apart from them no! I would of loved to see more celebrity's do DOND! Because it was always a pleasure to watch them! It is remarkable to last for 11 years! Not a lot of shows do now days! I have seen a lot of money been given everyday and lots of good and sad moments, whether someone has won big or someone talks about a relative who passed away! But these moments have made DOND a fantastic show and made it truly remarkable to watch! I have been dredding to see the final episode of DOND, but I'm happy it has ended like this. It would of been horrible to end with someone winning 1p or NOTHING!

I'd like to thank everyone who has been here since it began really and contributed to the discussions. Having discussions with people on the games have really made my day and I enjoyed it a lot. Even though, I have been here for only a few years, they have been some fantastic memories made on the forum discussing the show. I have had ups and downs with people, but really it has made some fantastic discussions. To the people who won a red amount on the show, I hope you enjoyed every single penny! I hope you spent the money wisely. However to the people who won the blues, some were greedy, some were unlucky but ultimately, it isn't end of the world. I know this was your big chance, but if it weren't meant to be then it wasn't the chance for you!
'discussions with them! Mark, Daniel, Hogwild, James, KP, BankerSpanker, Big Davey, Dr.Hindsight and other members. Without these people, then there wouldn't be a home to discuss DOND. Yes there are other sites, where you can discuss DOND, like DS but they're never happy and always complain all of the time. They usually don't have any evidence to back the complaints with! But here, you can talk about the games from the past and bring back some awesome memories. You can play other people's versions of the game and see how you do!

@JamesJMH91 At least your series is alive and well!

I'd just like to say thanks everyone for making this place my home in the last few years! Good luck to all in the future! I hope you all have a very good Christmas

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]