Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:10 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
*cancels the plan to start a Janelle fan club*

And I just thought...everyone who's gone to the end with 50p in their box has bloody swapped it! I swear there's some kind of conspiracy to stop people winning it.

steve_cov

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Author: steve_cov    Post subject:

A moody madam with a face like a slapped arse. I didn't like her either, I'm afraid...

Nicole

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:53 pm    Author: Nicole    Post subject:

Maybe she was just VERY focussed on why she was there. She did get quite emotional at the beginning of the show when she was talking about why she wanted the money. I guess it just didn't come across very well on tv :?

Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:02 pm    Author: Ryan    Post subject:

steve_cov wrote:
A moody madam with a face like a slapped arse. I didn't like her either, I'm afraid...

You said my ential thoughts there mate

seanyuk85

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:28 pm    Author: seanyuk85    Post subject:

mine too unfortunatually as i hate being negative

MEMBER OF THE SUEZAN FAN CLUB

wakey1512

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:31 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

steve_cov wrote:

Thats made me laugh so much...

My dislike club: The number 3

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:25 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
I must admit that I had a hard time trying to keep the commentary neutral when I was typing it. It's not that I disliked her especially, I didn't really care much either way. I was pretty surprised she was picked so early on only her twelth show for a Saturday show, when I really would expect someone with more character for a weekend show. Having said all that, I thought the banker was quite mean to her with his offers, and her plans for giving some winnings to charity deserve respect. That said, she will never be in my favourite contestants list either. She rubbed me up the wrong way. I'm not sure why. :?

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

AVIE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:04 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

I tell you, I wouldn't have minded being a fly on the wall in the contestants hotel, cos I would bet my bottom dollar that she let it be known that she thought SHE WAS SOMEBODY, and I can just imagine her with her attitude in the hotel on an evening either starting an argument, or sloping off to bed, no conversatioon over breakfast, and the rest of them had had enough of her.

And I reckon that she overstepped the mark so much the banker thought 'SOD THIS - she ain't getting ANYTHING from me' I'm afraid that if I had been one of the other contestants, I wouldn't have gone to hug her afterwards, I have spent YEARS people watching, and analysing people, and it's not often I am wrong in interpreting body language.

And if I'm wrong, well, then she is just a moody cow who maybe had PMT on that day??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she doesn't sell her story to the News of The World, telling how ALL THE OTHERS were drunk avery night, and completely shut her out, lets face it she can make some money doing that, although I reckon if she did, there'd be some response from the contestants to refute her claims.

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:18 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Dear me, you sound like those guys off Harry Enfield...you have no idea what happened in the hotel, and as far as I'm aware, she hasn't sold her story or criticised the contestants or anything like that. Why not wait until these things have actually happened before criticising her for them?

No, it wasn't the best game, and the atmosphere was a bit odd, but that's really all we have to go on. I noticed lots of positive comments during the game from other contestants - OK, so they're not going to say "I hope it's red you stupid bitch" if they don't like her, but they could easily just say nothing. Lots of them wished her good luck, and people shouted out support to her when she was crying at the start. (Which to me showed how focused she was on why she was there, and helps explain why she didn't really liven up as the game went on.)

I'm quite shocked by the amount of vitriol on this thread...perhaps I just missed something. But criticising Janelle for hypothetical things that she may or may not have done just seems absolutely ridiculous!

Oneboxgame

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:28 pm    Author: Oneboxgame    Post subject:

I missed this last night because of the England game. If I'd known the game was this miserable, I wouldn't have bothered watching the repeat.

Firstly, I don't think she'd said anything while on the wings. So it was one of those moments when you say "who?" upon the player's name being selected.

Noel was trying to inject humour and life into the show, but she wasn't having it. He's meant to remain supportive of the player but I think his comments at the end - "You could have thrown away £5,000" etc. were understandable. Pah...not one of the best contestants.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:55 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Janelle did say that she was going to miss everyone in the room so she must have made a few friends at least.

Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:14 am    Author: Ryan    Post subject:

well at first NO-ONE came to hug her

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:14 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Taking my life in my hands posting this then?

See she can smile

1p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:10 pm    Author: 1p    Post subject:

True, but all of a sudden I've just thought that she would have been better off as a contestant on Big Brother as opposed to Deal or No Deal.

Domino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:02 am    Author: Domino    Post subject:

I watched Janelle's game again and whilsat I'm sure she was nervous and quiet, there did seem a distinct lack of rapport with the other contestants. Very few of them wished her good luck as they opened their boxes, and those who did seemed to be doing it out of politeness rather than with feeling. Noel seemed far from impressed with her attitude.

The most striking thing was at the end when normally the contestants rush to congratulate/commiserate. No-one moved at first, and then they started to saunter over unenthusiastically. I'm not sure everyone bothered - there didnt seem any sign of Connel for example.

It made a sharp contrast with Paul's game on Monday.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:21 am    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:? Wasn't Connell the one she asked for advice though?

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:28 am    Author: jonny    Post subject:

well i think it's cruel to start saying some of the things you guys have been saying...especially after many of you disliked the way max was treated on ds. it's all a bit too 'ds' for me...especially because a lot of it is based on things you don't even know (i bet none of the other contestants liked her etc.)...maybe that's just her personality type? maybe she was just nervous, and it sort of led her to not make many friends? anyway, she was only there for 12 shows...and it was kinda rude of the contestants to not make out they liked her...

i think pat g.'s game had a weird atmosphere too, and it wasn't too pleasant

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

wakey1512

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:35 am    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

steve_cov wrote:

Haha, that one still cracks me up :-D

My dislike club: The number 3

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:13 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Any pics of Janelle? I liked her :P...

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:34 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I posted one on her thread after her game and I have loads

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]