Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:10 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
gotta go eat that game gave me quite an appetite

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:18 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
It just removes the complete excitement of a game, and eliminates the possibilty of a £250,000 winner which is all i really watch this show for.

Seriously? In that case, I suggest you give up watching it...you'll hear about the £250k winner when/if there is one.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:29 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Ill shut you all up when someone deals at £1,000 (which is likely to happen with all these dealers) and theres £250,000 in theyre box.

Does it not make you at all happy to see someone really thrilled to win a huge amount of money? The show's not called "Go all the way to the end regardless"...I'm not sure why you watch it, as you seem so hugely offended whenever anyone dares to deal.

It just removes the complete excitement of a game, and eliminates the possibilty of a £250,000 winner which is all i really watch this show for.

Im sorry but if you didnt find her knocking all the big ones out exciting then you need some help.

Ciara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:29 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
Brilliant game! I love it when a player deals at the right time for them and it turns out to be the correct deal at the right time, even if they were encouraged to go on.

Well done Mel.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Best game in ages, possibly even of all time. Sensible offers and an amazing run of luck, not to mention a great player, made that an absolute classic.

Meanwhile, on the other side, seconds after Melanie's shock Deal Brazil scored a freak goal that should have been disallowed for offside.

Sometimes I wonder why I watch this show. At times like this, I wonder why I ever considered stopping.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Best game in ages, possibly even of all time. Sensible offers and an amazing run of luck, not to mention a great player, made that an absolute classic.

Meanwhile, on the other side, seconds after Melanie's shock Deal Brazil scored a freak goal that should have been disallowed for offside.

Sometimes I wonder why I watch this show. At times like this, I wonder why I ever considered stopping.

A must for the DOND Hall Of Fame

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:43 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Yey! What a fantastic game! :-D

In the last couple of weeks, there have been games which I've found really hard to get into and enjoy, but today's game was refreshing. Ecstatic for Melanie. Woohoo! She can now buy her pig! :D

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:45 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Shocked she dealt - but so glad it worked out to be the right deal at the right time! And who can complain with £30,000?! Well done Mel :D

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

Padmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:46 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject:

Smiler wrote:
Padmaster wrote:
Thanks for the info, not me again !!

Pad... are you aware that CH4 are now streaming this over the Net?

Streaming the whole program? i've not seen that..

BlairM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:08 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

oh Mel that was amazing!! oo er that sounds kinky lol, wasn't meant to be! :lol:

amazing game I thought you were spot on to deal at 30k this is where too many players go wrong the board tempts them too much!

i thought you were amazing too. You're married aint ya ? :( :( :( :( :(

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I'm really glad that Mel dealt quickly because I wouldn't mind betting that Noel and her fellow contestants might have egged her to go on if she'd asked for a sweep of the wings, but we've seen people get greedy so many times and it all go pear shaped, so well done for having the courage to not do what people expect you to do Mel, and being sensible! £30,000 is a lot of money, and the banker was well beaten today!

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:32 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

What a game! :-D I think the majority here would have ended up significantly poorer than Mel had we been sitting in the chair!

I know a lot is said about the bravery and courage a player needs to keep going to the end but, in some ways, I think there is almost as much courage required to deal as early as she did. By dealing at that stage, and with the board as strong as it was, you are basically saying 'No, I am not going to be tempted', which must be an incredibly hard decision to take, especially as you almost immediately learn 'what might have been'.
I actually find that quite noble. :)

Also, I think this thread today is great because it highlights the the varying reasons why we all watch the show. Some are into it for statistical reasons, some need an exciting finish to make the game worthwhile, some are happy that she won a load of cash. All valid I guess.

Personally, I fit into the last bunch - she was a great lady who did incredibly well to win £30000. Great stuff!! :-D

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:54 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:

Seriously? In that case, I suggest you give up watching it...you'll hear about the £250k winner when/if there is one.

How about a new show for wakey1512, simply called "No Deal", where the contestant just picks one of 22 boxes at random, then opens it, perhaps sometimes even getting the chance to swap it. Forget all that banker's offer and gameplay crap, who needs it, would only need a 10-minute timeslot as well, but on average 1 person per month would win £250,000. Would that be an improvement? ;)

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:59 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Duffer wrote:
Also, I think this thread today is great because it highlights the the varying reasons why we all watch the show. Some are into it for statistical reasons, some need an exciting finish to make the game worthwhile, some are happy that she won a load of cash. All valid I guess.

I'd say a bit of all three really for me! I like the statistical aspect of the game, love the dramatic finishes many of the shows provide, and also enjoy seeing people win amounts of money that are good for them.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Sezzi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:23 pm    Author: Sezzi    Post subject:

Argh can't believe I missed this game really wanted to watch it! Well she did brilliantly, so chuffed for her! xx

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:46 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

well done mel. right deal at the right time and you certainly beat the banker!
enjoy the money and hope you get your ducks. :-D

pennie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:12 pm    Author: pennie    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
Maudy wrote:
God how happy she must have been

Plenty of money for her and Pennie to have a few good nights out :D

Me Mel and Mels mum gunna blitz the bingo saturday. should give off a few heart attacks to the bingo bettys :twisted:

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:14 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I don't think the result could of been better two of my fave dond lovlies taking home 30 big ones, you'll have to come down in your caravan and bring mel and the pig and we'll get slaughtered

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:17 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

WELL DONE MEL

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]