Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Suezan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:26 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
i felt awful for her :cry:

wee_ding_dong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:35 am    Author: wee_ding_dong    Post subject:

Hiya everybody. :) Recently found out about this site. Have been reading through all the posts and catching up. :) I felt so sorry for Bianca today. I loved the fact that she seemed to live for her kids. Have also enjoyed watching her the whole time she's been on it. I noticed she had the £250,000 in her box 3 days out of 4. What a shame she didn't have her turn on any of those days.

Good for you Pennie for sticking up for her. I'm really looking forward to seeing your show. There always seems to be a few people who are on the wings who stand out over and above others. You definitely come into that category. I really hope you do well. :)

I've watched this show from the very first show and haven't missed a show since. I'm so addicted.

Karen xx

Joey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:41 am    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: A note from Bianca

pennie wrote:
Spoke to Bianca today, she was very nervous about her show being aired. She hoped that the public would not get the wrong impression about her.

I told her not to worry, she's cool. Also told her about this site, so when she gets her comp fixed she's gunna log on :D

Please tell Bianca that she was my favourite contestant on the wings and I really wanted her to do so well. I was devastated when it all went pear shaped for her, although, at least she didn't walk away with £10 or anything like that!

She came across brilliantly on TV and I cannot believe she is a mother of two! I thought she was about 24 years old!

Now, and I hope this doesn't come across as creepy (just let me add that I'm 28 and gay so have no interest whatsoever!), but I dreamt about Bianca the night before her show. In my dream, I was with her as she tried to get the money together to set up her own car rental business!

Oh dear! Perhaps I shouldn't have said that! Now I sound like a right freak! Anyway, well done Bianca and remember, you can never have enough hats, gloves or shoes!

Joey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:49 am    Author: Joey    Post subject:

pennie wrote:
Seriously she hoped to win a substantial amount for a very good reason

Although I wouldn't dream of asking you what that reason was, I really hope that Bianca somehow manages to achieve her objective.

A comment like yours helps explain the tears she produced. All I can say is if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you want it bad enough, it will happen.

mary sue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:15 am    Author: mary sue    Post subject:

Sorry folks, Haven't been posting for the past two weeks. Been on holiday and trying to catch up with all my e mails and other stuff.

Have managed to watch all the shows, and I'm so sorry yesterday's show was so bad. Felt so sorry for Bianca.

Feel the Banker is getting meaner by the day with some of the contestants. Very poor offers.

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:17 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

A Big welcome back

mary sue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:20 am    Author: mary sue    Post subject:

Thank you for the welcome back. Missed you all.

I'm waiting for Pennie's game. Hope she does really well. Nice, genuine lady.

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:20 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

tonight is pennies thats not a spoiler the lady has posted it herself

mary sue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:23 am    Author: mary sue    Post subject:

Oh!Good. Good night for the telly then.

Addicted to DOND and BB at the moment. Am I a saddo or what???

Thanks for info.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:30 am    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
The good news for Pennie I guess is that she won't be the first or the last contestant to start crying. :D Seriously, that is no bad thing - a bit of emotion never did the show any harm at all. :smt022 :lol:

What did have me puzzled is when we were at the eight box stage, and having just revealed the £50K at the end of the last round, the tears started flowing. The board looked something like this:

50p £1,000
£10 £3,000
£250 £5,000
£750 £250,000

Maybe we missed something in the editing. Maybe Bianca realised that the £50K was her only decent safety-net and that she would now probably have to go all the way and open her box. If she really had the £250K in her box three times during her run, she probably really didn't rate her chances of having it a fourth time, and already suspected that her chances of winning a big number had gone out of the window. Who knows???

By the time of the five box stage, this had become:

£10
£250
£750

£1,000
£3,000

At this point, crying would become understandable. Having lost the £250K, she was suddenly staring at a very good chance of going home with a blue amount of money. She was one round too early with the tears!!

The final two boxes left were £1,000 and £3,000, which, in the context of the game, were the best numbers possible. At this point, although disappointed, I'd hope that a player could look on the bright side and see that £1K, although easily spent, is quite a reasonable amount of cash. By then I guess with the tears having started, it is almost impossible to stop them no matter what. :D

If Bianca is really worried about what the public have to say about her, then for gods sake Pennie, direct her to the right sites. Some of the DonD forums out there are really evil when it comes to talking about contestants. Here at least is much more civilised. Most people are happy for players who win a decent amount of money, devasted when someone walks away with loose change, and still pretty upset when players don't win anything decent, but do win something meaningful.

It didn't happen for Bianca yesterday. And yes, it was somewhat disappointing to watch. Looking forward to Pennie's game though - she seems to have been there for ages - it must be due up sometime real soon !!! :crossfingers:

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:41 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

yep tonight

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:09 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It ought to be tonight anyway, but with all the fake spoilers about (which incidentally I'm fine with, ensures I'm never sure of the truth!) I'm not counting my chickens. Lucy hung around 50 shows after all.

I hope Pennie hits the 1p in the first round, just to see the Banker reaction.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:11 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Mental Mickey wrote:
The final two boxes left were £1,000 and £3,000, which, in the context of the game, were the best numbers possible. At this point, although disappointed, I'd hope that a player could look on the bright side and see that £1K, although easily spent, is quite a reasonable amount of cash. By then I guess with the tears having started, it is almost impossible to stop them no matter what. :D

Well, yes, £1k/£3k may be good amounts of money, but in the context of the game, they're very disappointing. When you've been standing there for as long as Bianca had, it must be impossible not to get your hopes up about winning a huge amount of money.

And the offers really were poor....£3,800, with the £250k still there? Maybe it's just me, but I can't see why anyone would take that.

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

KP wrote:
It ought to be tonight anyway, but with all the fake spoilers about (which incidentally I'm fine with, ensures I'm never sure of the truth!) I'm not counting my chickens. Lucy hung around 50 shows after all.

I hope Pennie hits the 1p in the first round, just to see the Banker reaction.

Pennie put on here that it is her show tonight so I think it will be unless she is teasing us all :shock:

Suezan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:19 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

busy fighting trolls on channel 4

Joey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:55 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
And the offers really were poor....£3,800, with the £250k still there? Maybe it's just me, but I can't see why anyone would take that.

Actually, I thought the offers were quite fair, but Bianca just had incredibly bad luck with her board.

Yes, when you compare £3800 to £250,000, it doesn't sound much. However, in the context of the board at the time (ie, almost every other amount left was lower than the offer) then it was a fair offer.

If only she'd had one or two other of the middle red values remaining (£10k - £35k), the offer would have been very different.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:05 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I suppose you're right. I just think that the offers should make the decision as hard as possible for the contestant (at the later stages, anyway), and to me there wasn't much of a decision to make there.

justcause110

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:47 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Very unlucky game yesterday. I'm looking forward to Pennie's game and I hope you win a lot

woodchat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:17 pm    Author: woodchat    Post subject:

In all the shows I have seen, I can't remember anyone having such bad luck as Bianca. I only hope she enjoys the 2k.

Pennie, if you read this, tell Bianca she need not have been concerned about her show being broadcast. Her tears were painful to watch but that is because we wanted her to win so much more.

Good luck, Bianca. We'll miss ya!

Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:00 pm    Author: Kingsley    Post subject:

Being a relative newbie to the show, it's only recently that the "familiarity" factor's started to come into play - for the past couple of weeks, I've been remembering the names and faces of the players who've been there longest, or who stand out for other notable factor, such as Wayne the Brain because of his early interaction with The Banker. Or Joseph, for the way he disappeared one day without mention, never to return.

:shock:

I remembered Bianca from day one, in the main because of her striking natural beauty. Her personality, when we got to know her more on the day, proved to shine as brightly. Delighted for her when her name came up, I was gutted by the way the game went for her and had something in my eye by the end of it. I gather from reading above, there was a particular reason why a tidy sum would have been preferable, so that makes me particularly glum on her behalf.

But that's the thing about DonD, isn't it? You get so involved with the players. And now I read that some of them actually post here in this Forum!

The internet's come of age, hasn't it, now we can use it for all this interactivity!

;)

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]