Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Warnings: 0
And the moment has finally arrived where we have crowned number 5 :)

Well done Nong on being the 5th person to clean him in the study out and a result I can gladly say was not spoiled for me by anyone on here or on Digital Spy

Many thanks to those who knew the result and kept quiet, very much appreciated

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:37 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Our version of Deal or No Deal do some amazing things. This time last week we witnessed the worst game ever with Mark winning nothing. One week on we witnessed possibly best game ever with Nong winning £250,000. Amazing how it all changes in a week (or two recording days).

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Interview up on the Official Deal or No Deal Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3upxdjIiujA&feature=plcp

Fan of classic rock and metal

bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Hi Richie,

That's no prob mate. Woudn't wanna spoil it for folks.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong
International Forums Moderator

I'm rather glad I was spoiled about the result but not about how it happened. That was painful enough watching it with the knowledge it was all going to work out... I wanted to know how it would happen, and crikey I didn't see that coming at 8-box. In fact at that point I presumed it was a fake spoiler and the only time I was sure it wasn't was the two-box ND...

Not convinced it... well it certainly wasn't my kind of decision making but it was never going to be. There was always going to be a £250k win through a triumph of superstition over strategy, and this was it. First time the £250k has been won declining an above-FD final offer, believe it or not.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong
Global Moderator

Right, now the dust has settled a bit, here's some more thoughts.

It was certainly a risky gamble, though not overly reckless. I don't think we can say that, given that Joycey turned down over £20,000 more on the same final two. If Nong had turned down that final offer, it would have been more questionable.

Also, what today's show also shows is how easy it is to win £250,000 just by rejecting six or more offers, no matter how high the stakes. Hopefully, Noel will not use this to encourage people on next week, though I'd not be surprised if, by the time I return on Saturday, at least one player has turned down a generous offer and crashed to a blue. :roll:

John is absolutely correct, that it was Nong's decision to gamble, and we should respect that. All decisions should be respected, no matter whether they turn out to be right or wrong.

Obviously, this game is a nightmare for the advocates of sensible play, and it would've been even if Nong had dealt somewhere down the line, as it would still have endorsed gambling. People should respect the fact that some people still won't think it was a sensible gamble, even though it paid off spectacularly.

That's it, I've said enough. I'll finish by congratulating Nong once more, and saying I hope she makes the most of her hard-earned winnings. :D :smt023 I also hope the players-in-waiting don't get carried away next week, and play their own game. Hopefully, Noel will remain under control as well.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Did I miss anything? Completely missed the show today. Bummer.

I just can't believe there's still some killjoys on here, and I say that as being someone who wouldn't have even got close to winning the £250k today. :(

Contestants will never be able to please evryone will they?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

James1978 wrote:
Did I miss anything? Completely missed the show today. Bummer.

I just can't believe there's still some killjoys on here, and I say that as being someone who wouldn't have even got close to winning the £250k today. :(

Contestants will never be able to please evryone will they?

It's just Charles really, who only ever posts replies to Mark and nothing else...

Other than that, I'm sure everyone is ectastic :D and will hoepfully eradicate any memory of Mark's disaster last week in this group of contestants.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

hogwild94 wrote:
Right, now the dust has settled a bit, here's some more thoughts.

It was certainly a risky gamble, though not overly reckless. I don't think we can say that, given that Joycey turned down over £20,000 more on the same final two. If Nong had turned down that final offer, it would have been more questionable.

Also, what today's show also shows is how easy it is to win £250,000 just by rejecting six or more offers, no matter how high the stakes. Hopefully, Noel will not use this to encourage people on next week, though I'd not be surprised if, by the time I return on Saturday, at least one player has turned down a generous offer and crashed to a blue. :roll:

John is absolutely correct, that it was Nong's decision to gamble, and we should respect that. All decisions should be respected, no matter whether they turn out to be right or wrong.

Obviously, this game is a nightmare for the advocates of sensible play, and it would've been even if Nong had dealt somewhere down the line, as it would still have endorsed gambling. People should respect the fact that some people still won't think it was a sensible gamble, even though it paid off spectacularly.

That's it, I've said enough. I'll finish by congratulating Nong once more, and saying I hope she makes the most of her hard-earned winnings. :D :smt023 I also hope the players-in-waiting don't get carried away next week, and play their own game. Hopefully, Noel will remain under control as well.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Happy for Nong (I didn't begrudge her decision but I wouldn't have begrudged her dealing that £68k either) but a bit worried about how this week's players are going to fare with following her.

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:02 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Charles is essentially the anti-Mark. Both extreme in their viewpoints, and struggle to enjoy a game when it goes right if it's against their methodology. We should always respect the players decisions. Quite frankly, if I was on the show and dealt/made a large gamble and I was slated for it, I'd give you a verbal tirade that'd make even the most foul-mouthed people blush.

As for myself, I missed this game as the tennis took precedence (and I need a break from my TV inbetween the 2 gold medal matches). Annoying in the way, as I've only caught 1 out of 5 quarter-million games (Suzanne being the one I caught).

Still, I'm happy to hear that this has happened, and through a seriously courageous gamble to boot. Alice can also claim she took a risky gamble in terms of what she COULD have won, but I imagine people are willing to overlook it due to the £17,500 that, had it been an offer, would have been seriously poor. Therefore, you can argue that the BG was extremely generous.

Congratulations Nong! :-D

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong
Global Moderator

DanS wrote:
We should always respect the players decisions.

Hear, hear! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:04 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Charles wrote:
killersbee wrote:
And it's been won in box 4 as well, I bet a certain Wakey is happily dancing around somewhere. :P

This one deserves to be game of the month!

I think the game of the month should be given to a player who makes sensible decisions.

Was it you in the chair? No so it's really irrelevant whether or not you think she made a sensible decision, she took a risk, it was her risk to take and it paid off, by your logic then none of the £250k winners should be congratulated because they didn't take 'sensible decisions'.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

unclekevo wrote:
Charles wrote:
killersbee wrote:
And it's been won in box 4 as well, I bet a certain Wakey is happily dancing around somewhere. :P

This one deserves to be game of the month!

I think the game of the month should be given to a player who makes sensible decisions.

Was it you in the chair? No so it's really irrelevant whether or not you think she made a sensible decision, she took a risk, it was her risk to take and it paid off, by your logic then none of the £250k winners should be congratulated because they didn't take 'sensible decisions'.

QFT. Well said, unclekevo.

*ahem*
*straightens bow tie and fez*

Jackpot winners are cool :smt023.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Haven't watched this show in a while, and the first time I see it again someone wins the 250k!! That was good timing lol :laughing

Anyway, many congrats to Nong for winning the biggun :-D That was a ballsy decision to make no dealing 68k, I would've taken that straight away cos i'm a wimp :oops:

JustAThought

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Author: JustAThought    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Nong is a star and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. What you see is exactly what you get. Was her decision reckless?Absolutely not, it was perfect FOR HER! Well done beautiful Nongers, if you are reading this, drinks and smiles are on you Mrs (Can't find a winking man on the little men page) xxxx

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:24 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

I'm still trying to piece together how exactly turning down £68,000 for a 50-50 shot at winning over three times that amount is reckless.

Nope, still not got it.

Aaanyway, number five, woooo

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

While I would question that final no deal (Seriously there was a 50% chance she was going home with a fiver) I'm not going to rain on Nong's parade. Although her belief in her box could have easily been dismissed as Red fever she didn't seem quite so blinkered as Craig last week in his dogged (and ultimately mistaken) belief he had the £20k.

Every no deal seemed to be an agonising decision for Nong and I have much more respect for that than i do for the players who just blindly no deal considerably higher sums. Think there would have been no shame in dealing £68k no matter what the outcome but she didn't and for once the gamble paid off

It will never be my favourite Jackpot win but it was certainly nailbiting to watch and respect to Nong for her bravery

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

JustAThought wrote:
Nong is a star and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. What you see is exactly what you get. Was her decision reckless?Absolutely not, it was perfect FOR HER! Well done beautiful Nongers, if you are reading this, drinks and smiles are on you Mrs (Can't find a winking man on the little men page) xxxx

;)

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Oh behave those of you criticizing the decisions. Especially my namesake!

Yes, I personally wouldn't have gone all the way there but I'm perfectly happy for someone else to as long as they can live with their choice.

GTFIT Nong.

And Mark: offer of drinks: Deal!

Box 22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:19 am    Author: Box 22    Post subject: Re: 05/08 Nong

Congratulations Nong, a beautiful win for a beautiful lady.

What makes her win the best of the 250k's, IMO, is that she had the mental agony of choosing between Antonia's prediction of having a red, or following her heart. In that kind of situation, there is only one thing you can do, be true to your heart.

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]