Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

del-dond

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm    Author: del-dond    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
A real shame to see Carlton go away with only £10, but most would have probably said no deal at 15k.

Suzanne Akers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:25 pm    Author: Suzanne Akers    Post subject:

One of the nicest players - You are a top bloke Carlton.

Look forward to seeing you in the summer! ( Will defo buy you a beer or 2!)

Keep smiling! :D

Last edited by Suzanne Akers on Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maltus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Bad luck Carlton - it seems genuinely nice players stand in your position and have in recent times gone away with too little (like Tan before you). But you played the game with great spirit, and I applaud you for that. You'll be missed!

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:46 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Loved the bit when Noel picked up on the £10 being a night out! :lol: Also Noel did his 'box grabbing' correct for the evening show!

Poor Carlton, wanted him to get more, but on the plus side we saw Nick again! One of the best players ever! 8)

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:02 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Tough luck Carlton.

You played a really great game decision wise - just wasnt your day!

Great to see Nick again.

When I got home £19.99p richer than him he was there went I needed to talk.

A complete star !

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
Right, thats official. Nessie and Pennie should both win 1p. Especially Pennie.

Not this "hope they win 1p" crap again, please...

People give advice with the best of intentions, it's up to the contestant whether they ask for it or follow it. And we never see the full context of it, or exactly how much influence it has. But it's a key part of the show and of the viewer getting to know the people in the wings, and many of us have commented there has been too little of it recently.

Yes it will sometimes go wrong, but it's a game of chance, and the odds were in his favour that there were bigger offers on that board.

Still, someone wished for Suzanne to win 1p after her advice in Stevie's game and she got £47,000 so let's hope it's a good sign for these two as well.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:12 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
Right, thats official. Nessie and Pennie should both win 1p. Especially Pennie.

Not this "hope they win 1p" crap again, please... etc etc

I totally 100% agree with Power 5

A bit of advice - dont wish a bad day in THAT chair on anyone.

It really doesnt make you look good.

The players who open the boxes suffer real pain when they hurt a fellow contestant because they share the same dream of getting a life changing or enhancing sum of money.

That is why folks like me are happy for folks who do well.

You know how it felt to have a dream and you are happy for them

Kinda hard to explain

johindes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:43 pm    Author: johindes    Post subject:

I was gutted for poor Carlton, he was such a nice guy, he deserved a whole lot more.

Quote:
The players who open the boxes suffer real pain when they hurt a fellow contestant because they share the same dream of getting a life changing or enhancing sum of money.

I can imagine! I know it would gut me if I was to open a box that destroyed someones dreams.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:53 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

johindes wrote:
I was gutted for poor Carlton, he was such a nice guy, he deserved a whole lot more.

Quote:

I can imagine! I know it would gut me if I was to open a box that destroyed someones dreams.

When someone tells you what they really need in the hotel and you can see how desperate they are ..... hell it really is tough to see it happen. By the end I was lying awake dreading opening boxes and just wanted to go home. That is a side of DOND you folks dont see. The contestants trying to cheer up those who have had a bad day in the chair. The contestants trying to find something to say to someone who has had the board turn on them. The game is a lot deeper than folk think on so many levels.

muttleee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:37 am    Author: muttleee    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:
When someone tells you what they really need in the hotel and you can see how desperate they are ..... hell it really is tough to see it happen.

Do players generally deal when they get to the amount they want (assuming they do get an offer of that amount at some stage in the game) or keep going hoping for more - even though that means risking everything?

Tonight was a case in point as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. He said before the game that £6,000 would sort him out yet when offered £15,000 he said no and ended up with almost nothing. Yes you can say it was a good board at that stage but the point is that no-dealing there meant risking the security he was looking for. There is *always* the chance that you will crash and burn, no matter HOW promising the board looks.

A lot of people have turned down amounts in the £15-20,000 range and gone home with just a few quid. It'd be interesting to know, of all the people who had turned down that sort of money, how many went away with more and how many with less than that? Anyone know?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:55 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It's odd, lately I keep on thinking I'd be willing to take offers around £15,000 (sometimes even at the second offer), partly because of expecting grade-A joke offers later in the game no matter what's left on the board.

The £15,000 last night was definitely not walking money for me even then. The offer barely moved after a good round, and there definitely seemed like there was the potential for more.

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:20 am    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

Bad luck Carlton - I wanted to see you do well so badly, you're one of my favourite players so far and it makes it so hard to watch such a nice person go away with £10. Your show made me cry, it really did! I hope you reach your ambitions, I'm sure you will.

All the best,

Rhian xxx

Ian W

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:41 am    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Bad luck to Carlton, but a great game well done

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:01 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Shame about that. He should have won more.

justcause110

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Really unlucky. It just went downhill :(

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I think I would have no dealt at 15K too, but let's look at the odds. When Carlton no dealt at the 11 box stage, he only had a 49% chance of keeping both the 100K and 250K in play in opening the next three boxes. If he had kept them both, the banker's offer would have had to have gone up to at least £20,000, and probably more, something like around £25,000 - £30,000 on the evidence of recent games, but you only have to take one of those two out in Round 4 and the offer is bound to decrease.

Carlton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:38 am    Author: Carlton    Post subject:

Hey guys,
Thanks for all you messages!!!
I really did have an amazing time.
I think back when i could have dealt at £15,000 and i would still do the same thing.
It was a game of luck and when your up there all logic seems to leave :D
You win some and you lose some :D
Good luck to all the future contestants......

Carlton........

AVIE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:55 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

HI Carlton, You sure have more guts than I have, love, I would have been outa there with that £15K, no matter what the board looked like.

I have seen it all go pear-shaped for too many great contestants, I just wouldn't risk it.

Funny how all the nice ones are the ones that leave with the least money???? :? :? :?

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

Nicole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:55 pm    Author: Nicole    Post subject:

You were a star Carleton. I really felt for you when Noel read out the message you wrote in the book. You deserved more but I hope you find your dream job - best of luck!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:17 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Bad luck Carlton. :( I really wanted you to win alot.

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]