Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:25 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 7:25 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
It's a Banker spanking, and you have got to feel good says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£538

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Noel opens Andy's box 11 and reveals £3,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Box 6 with Jie contains the 1p

Andy says this has been an amazing journey and he has met some incredible people.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy
International Forums Moderator

Possibly the first offer ever to be based on the US Electoral College. ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

And here is why I'd consider it an almost blue. The offer is going to be a pants one we'd no deal resultingin us opening our box. Ok if we win we get £3 which isn't to be sniffed at. But a blue/3k finish = open the box. A blue/red finish should = decision to be made.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

I'd have hoped for £12k at 5-box so I'd have definitely taken £13k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy
Global Moderator

Come on, that's the stuff!* Well done Andy for a great recovery and a wise deal that turned out right! Good job mate! :D

* I actually yelled that when the 75k went! :lol:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Thank goodness for that - that 1p just hung around like a bad smell but really pleased the proveout worked out despite the 1p not being in the box. But no hypo swap possibility though. ;-)

He did look VERY serious throughout that though!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's interesting that, as Noel pointed out, Andy became uncharacteristically solemn when he sat in the chair to play his game. It's so often the way that someone can be relatively quiet on the wings and come to life in their game, and vice versa.

Doreen said to me before her show that she thought I'd be a "bag of nerves" when it came to my show. But that wasn't the case at all, and I think the professionalism of The Edmonds played a part in removing any nerves and allowing me to enjoy myself.

No doubt Noel will be talking tomorrow about how the walk of wealth does weird things to people when they walk up it.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Maybe not tomorrow though. ;) :P

DIMBLEBOT CLONE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 pm    Author: DIMBLEBOT CLONE    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Michael DeVere wrote:

CORRECT. THIS PROVES THAT "H2005" IS INFERIOR TO EVERYONE.

THE REAL DIMBLEBOT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/DIMBLEBOT

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Michael DeVere wrote:

Oops. I mean Sunday of course. :lol:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy
Global Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Michael DeVere wrote:

Oops. I mean Sunday of course. :lol:

Noel makes the same mistake quite often, referring to Friday's game as 'yesterday' on the Sunday game.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Now there's an OPW that came out at the last minute :)

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

h2005 wrote:
It's interesting that, as Noel pointed out, Andy became uncharacteristically solemn when he sat in the chair to play his game. It's so often the way that someone can be relatively quiet on the wings and come to life in their game, and vice versa.

Well I'd slightly disagree as I mentioned during the show. I think it was more to him trying to play a bit of a poker face and theres nothing wrong with that. If he'd had a better hand I don't think he would have played it differently.

Surely not every player has to come on hyperactive on a handful of anti depression tablets? When you were on the show David you weren't bouncing off the walls, just smiley and happy as a regular guy iirc? I thought he played it well and without overbearing back seat drivers either.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

That's more like it. First 3 offers were more of a joke than the jokes told in the show. 8-box offer was decent but probably worth the risk today (the backup for the 2-box game just about made it worth the gamble) and the 5-box offer was a fairly easy deal.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Well done Andy on a very satisfying Banker spanking. Interesting that the deal came once again after a lengthy chat with the Bankerbut of course if the big man did use his powers of persuasion to get Andy to deal then it backfired on him this time.

Andy did come across as quite focused, less irreverent than you might have expected from his time on the wings, I think a little of that was nerves, but even if it was it served him well. He weighed up the board and the offers and he got out with a decent wedge.

And i guess he defied the curse...

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

Interesting to note that he said he loved Maths and Physics. A shame we never got to see a bit of the brains behind the man, because we could have had a character who was a "comedian" but also a statsman. I don't think we've had a good statsman in a long time (although Dom was fairly decent).

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/07 Andy

norwichdonder wrote:
Surely not every player has to come on hyperactive on a handful of anti depression tablets? When you were on the show David you weren't bouncing off the walls, just smiley and happy as a regular guy iirc? I thought he played it well and without overbearing back seat drivers either.

Quieter contestants are good - a lot of my favourite ones in the past have been ones who haven't been particularly loud or hyperactive.

I was only really commenting because Andy seemed to change from what he was like on the wings. Although having said that, it was normally Noel who persuaded him to do the "joke of the day" thing, which probably gave the impression that Andy was more extrovert than he was.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]