Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That was bizarre says Noel as in some respects that wasn't enough. The Banker says that the good news is that Macka will get an offer that his wife will like.

Banker's offer:

£13,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Wow says Macka, he then goes to the wings for advise. His wife says it is a very good offer, but like she has said from the start, it is his game and she will back him all the way. The Banker calls and asks to speak to Macka, he tells Macka that he has rewarded him for his bravery over the last offers and he could have easily offered £9,000 here.

Macka says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Round 6 - Proveout round

10 - £20,000 Charlotte

12 - 1p Andrew

19 - 10p Graham

Banker time with £1,000 and £100,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

The Banker feels good about the chat he had with Macka

Banker's offer would've been:

£31,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Noel opens Macka's box 21 and reveals £1,000

kestral

Box 20 with newbie Max contains the £100,000

Macka says he has been on a journey since the day of his audition, and he has met the most amazing people.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka
Global Moderator

Again, a deal that was arguable either way. Can't really argue with that.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

The banker appeared to argue that his chat with Macka was what swayed him, but I think Macka would probably have ended up taking the deal anyway. It was certainly a decent offer with the bottom 2 still in play, and I don't think Macka should be begrudged for it, even if he did miss out on more.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Seems like he was a bit of a confetti hound at 11 box. I was surprised the 8 box offer was set at £3000. I was expecting £1500. Regardless after just seeing £15,000 worth of stars in his eyes it was an obvious no deal.

Despite all the cheering at 5 box it was still a pretty neutral round. I was expecting a mediocre offer of £10k so the £13k was cleverly set to get pyschologically close to his 11box offer! I wasn't surprised he dealt.

omg the reveal of the 1p box was just delicious! I *was* expecting the hypo swap. I think in fairness we know it (and he knew it) he would have been offered it(and most likely taken it!) in live play as 20 was 'his dads box'. Ok so another feel-good, unfair finish chalked up in the space of just a few games because we were deprived of the hypo swap with the biggest 2 values on the board. Are they really trying to paper over the occassional nasty feel to the game? Another thumbs down imo.

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

A game that for some reason or other never really entertained. The story of his dad was nice, but nothing in this game was really stopping me from turning it to Wimbledon instead.

In gameplay terms, it was a deal he was always gonna take. It's a shame he missed out on the OPW (He would have certainly taken the £31k) but you can't blame him for going earlier. It was a tricky board with the nightmare finish still a distinct possibility at that time. Well played Macka.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka
International Forums Moderator

An intriguing game to watch unfold on +1 earlier. Genuinely decent 11-box offer, and a good call to get out at 5-box after the eight-box insult implied that a good £20k/blue fallback - often provided to players who are chasing a higher offer earlier in the game - was far from a given. Leaving any other box would have ensured a big TPW.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

norwichdonder wrote:
I *was* expecting the hypo swap. I think in fairness we know it (and he knew it) he would have been offered it(and most likely taken it!) in live play as 20 was 'his dads box'.

But he probably wouldn't have no-dealt £31k so it's irrelevant.

Good game, decent offer at 11-box which really was a 50/50 gamble - in terms of keeping the top 2 in play. He didn't but kept one of them to 5-box to get a decent get-out deal.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:18 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Simon F wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:
I *was* expecting the hypo swap. I think in fairness we know it (and he knew it) he would have been offered it(and most likely taken it!) in live play as 20 was 'his dads box'.

But he probably wouldn't have no-dealt £31k so it's irrelevant.

Who knows. He may have got a second wind by that point and (to borrow a phrase) had enough courage to go to the end. My point is if they will offer the swap in live play with big numbers on the board, why not in proveout? Sure, if it may have been edited out and thats only something those there on the day would know.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

The first 10 minutes of this game were boring. Jacky's rambling was driving me insane! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:28 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

What is Noel's obsession with old people and funerals about anyway?

Not the most exciting of games but a sensible deal that only looked bad in proveout. I'm inclined to agree with Simon that Macka would more than likely have dealt the £31k and while i have no objections to the Hyposwap in theory i do think it should only be used in cases where the £250k is still in play or where the player deals at two box/ declines the Banker's Gamble and then only if it has been offered or requested beforehand. Throwing it in just because one of the biggies is still in there at the end is just muddying the waters

DIMBLEBOT CLONE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:34 pm    Author: DIMBLEBOT CLONE    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
What is Noel's obsession with old people and funerals about anyway?

DIMBLEBOT CLONE CALCULATES THAT IT MUST BE BECAUSE HE IS WORRIED ABOUT HIS OWN IMPENDING FUNERAL.

THE REAL DIMBLEBOT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/DIMBLEBOT

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

What is the life expectancy of DIMBLEBOT CLONE?

DIMBLEBOT CLONE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 am    Author: DIMBLEBOT CLONE    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

Michael DeVere wrote:
What is the life expectancy of DIMBLEBOT CLONE?

INFINITY.

THE REAL DIMBLEBOT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/DIMBLEBOT

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

What seems really odd to me is how often someone deals and then avoids the biggest number on the wings in the box they have left till the end - it's a much greater proportion it seems than people who have the biggest amount in their box after dealing! (I can't be bothered to work it out though) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 30/06 Macka

I saw this game yesterday. I actually thought the 11-box box offer was dealable and would probably have just about taken it myself. If a big red is hit (as happened) then the next offer is going to be lower. And I'm not convinced an all blue round would result in a significantly higher next offer due to the instability.

Either way is fine. £3,000 is obviously a no deal. And £13,000 is a pretty easy deal I think.

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]