Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Warnings: 0
wow brilliant. well thats quite a finale!! whats the offer?! 75k? also the hypo swap for sure please noel!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
International Forums Moderator

We won't get it on this finish. If that had been £250k going there we would, but no way Endemol risk another Alice.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

What an end says Noel, we have seen this end on only a handful of occasions. The Banker talks about offering the Banker's Gamble in this situation before, and Hayley asks if he would do it again, and the Banker says never again!

Banker's offer would've been:

£60,000

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Noel opens Hayley's box 5 and reveals 1p

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Box 3 with Brenda contains the £250,000

Hayley says she is a very fortunate young lady to have £18,000. The Banker calls back and says that Hayley can now turn to the camera and say that mummy loves you loads and is bringing home £18,000 :D

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
Administrator & Global Moderator

h2005 wrote:
The final part of this game has somewhat mirrored the final part of Alice's game!

Even Alice kept box 3 to the end too... although box 3 in Alice's game didn't have £250,000 in it!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Serious question: I have never seen Mark comment on a game where a blue is on the table, his WakeyBot comments appear only when there's a big red. Can anyone point out a counterexample?

I knew this proveout would go wrong as soon as Mark posted.

And that's just unlucky to leave £250k to the end. Not often you see a TBW after selling the 1p for an above-average win...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

So it's possible she would have swapped.

If YES, then should have had more faith in box 3 a lot more.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

LOL @ my point being quasi-disproven and hilariously spun all at once there.

A safe and solid result for both sides really in the end.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Well some serious sulking here because we didn't get the hypo swap! We definitely would have had the swap in live play with the £250k in play so why didn't they play with honesty in the proveout. Red card to the producers for this game. A bitter taste to that feel-good finish.

Odds on she would have taken the swap too and she must have known that in her mind.

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

The records will show she had a good result and avoided joining the 1p club but from what she said, it seems she would've swapped. So she probably missed out on winning £250,000.

We'll never know for sure because yet again, Noel forgot to ask about the swap. I wish somebody would remind him that if we're playing on as if in live play, he has to ask the player if they would swap when the 250K is there at the end.

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

If she wanted the hypo-swap so bad, she would have requested it. She and every other player know full well that the swap is guaranteed with the £250k at 2-box. As it is, she chose not to. In fact, she sounded incredulous at the fact that the big one was actually in box 3.

Not a poor deal though by any means, but incredibly unlucky that the proveout never went her way.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Well, I haven't seen the edit yet, so I'll comment more later, but I didn't think it was a terrible deal at the time by any means. There was plenty of instability to worry about, unlucky that the proveout didn't go her way.

I remember sitting next to a chap who seemed fixated with the comparisons with Alice's game (youngish girl, similar deal, same proveout offer). After the 30k at 5-box, he was getting quite excited about the prospect of a 1p/250k finish and a banker's gamble. I was less convinced, although the similarities were quite striking. I thought we probably wouldn't get that finish anyway, but there was quite a gasp when we did! Those moments of silence on the phonecall did make me think for a second whether he might actually do it, but I'm glad he resisted (regardless of the fact 1p was in the box).

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
Administrator & Global Moderator

StatsMan wrote:
I remember sitting next to a chap who seemed fixated with the comparisons with Alice's game (youngish girl, similar deal, same proveout offer).

Despite my similar comments earlier in this thread, I can assure you I wasn't sitting next to you during this game.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
Global Moderator

Er, wow! That was some game. Definitely no chance the Banker will offer the Gamble on that finish again! He should really only do it on the 250k if the 1p is there too.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley
Global Moderator

I've actually just noticed a shocking resemblance between John and Hayley's games, and Nick and Tiffany's games from earlier in the year. A chap dealing a respectable deal at 5-box and missing out on the 250k is followed by a girl dealing at 8-box, getting the Alice/Corrine/Alex finish in the proveout and having the 1p in their box! :shock: Wierd, huh?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

The other similarity with Alice is that Box 3 was left till the end (it was Alice's lucky number and she didn't swap, presumably as she was scared of giving the big money away - can you confirm that David?) - so there's no saying Hayley would have swapped either given the situation.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:45 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

A Banker's Gamble with that configuration wouldn't have been possible after the last time. The deal at 8-box was questionable at best, an offer of £50,000 or more with those final two would've surely done it for Hayley

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Wow, I forgot how much fun that game was, another vibrant character and engaging game to complete the filming day. Selling a 1p box for £18,000 is not bad work, and it was quite fun to see the ultimate extreme finish (moreso for some of my fellow pilgrims though!). The chap sitting next to me seemed to be of the view that as long as £250k remained, he would carry on, even if 4 blues were with it apparently. He was murmuring about the bankers gamble throughout the last round, I just shook my head, but it was Kinda weird he kept mentioning Alice then we get THAT finish!

I'll explain the significance of tomorrow's intro, er, tomorrow...!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:18 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Hayley

Hayley was quite a lively and funny player and that was shaping up to be a good game.

The 8 box deal was arguably a touch cautious but justified by what was a precarious board. Personally i would have probably gone one more round but no further. Having dealt it's a shame Hayley wasn't lucky enough to hit the big one

The similarities to Alice's games were a little spooky.Can't blame the banker for not wanting to offer the BG though. Once bitten and all that... Personally i would have liked to have heard Noel ask about the hypo swap just to draw a line under whether she would have taken it or not, I can understand the reasoning that says the players knows the swap is guaranteed in this situation and they should speak up if they want it but at the same time it's a very tense, emotional situation and i can see how the player might not think of it in the heat of the moment (Heck some of them can't remember to ask for the question :-D ). I suspect that if Hayley had put more emphasis on box 3 during the game someone would have reminded Noel to ask her

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]