Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sorlag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 pm    Author: sorlag    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Warnings: 0
erm hope that misinformation from the banker didn't sway her into dealing... 'likelihood of an all red round'. Odds are only 36%.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:30 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Pleased that Stacey got a nice amount of money out of it, I know it's easy to say well you had £100,000 in her box but Stacey wasn't a gambler and I don't think she would ever have gambled to get what was in her box. Lovely, positive, smiley lady, pleased for her.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

sorlag wrote:
erm hope that misinformation from the banker didn't sway her into dealing... 'likelihood of an all red round'. Odds are only 36%.

Quite right

Odds of:
2 blues/1 red 10.7%
1 blue/2 reds 53.6%
3 reds 35.7%

Shame there wasn't a Statsman in the audience to corrent the banker. :D

I though £22k was a decent offer - however has she taken out the £250k but left one of the blues (especially the 1p), the offer would have been in the low teens at best so there was justification for going on today at 8-box.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Can't blame Stacey for taking that deal, Think it was arguable either way. Of course with hindsight it was the wrong move but hindsight makes Banker Spankers of us all. A nice enough game with a very bubbly contestant

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Noticed there was an editing slip-up with the on screen graphics when the the £15,000 was found. It was removed from the on screen graphics as normal, but then briefly reappeared just before Fred opened his box.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Simon F wrote:
...Shame there wasn't a Statsman in the audience to corrent the banker. :D

Haha! If you're perchance referring to me, I was probably too busy working out averages, or following the unwritten 'rule' of pilgrim etiquette of not speaking unless spoken to. Or I was just a bit of a wimp. I forget, it was over 5 months ago now! :P I remember being sat next to Stacey's mum at the start of this show 'east-side' - I seem to have a habit of sitting next to contestant's relatives on visits, and it's fun to see their reactions! :D

Anyway, interesting call - at the time, I thought it was a decent offer without being spectacular, the main question was how £100k going would affect the offer - of course, it should increase, but I couldn't see the banker offering much more than 30k. I think I'd have been tempted by the 6/2 split to go on, but the more I think about it, the more I think it looked deceptively stronger than it actually was. Not often you would leave an all-red 5 box and be slightly disappointed!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey

Talking coincidences, I remember seeing that 5k/100k finish at the Dream Factory before in Noel's game (Irish chap who was a bit bonkers!), also in the proveout, and also having 100k on the table (although his hypo offer at 2-box was just 25k). Not particularly remarkable in itself granted, but I have also seen a couple of other repeated 2-box combinations on previous visits (this in no way intimates whether they appear again in future unbroadcast games, by the way!)

£250/£15k: Kerry, Jaron
50p/£50: Danielle, Helen

So, my question to fellow statisticians is: What are the odds of THREE duplicate 2-box finishes in the 27 games of mine that have been broadcast so far...?

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/06 Stacey
International Forums Moderator

Good question. Taking out three games with separate finishes, that involves finding each of the three duplicates in the remaining 24... I don't even know how to approach the question beyond that :(

What I do know is how to approach that eight-box - I saw it as basically Donna's board with added oranges, £21k was marginal in her situation, I'd have declined £22k with slightly more haste than it warranted, with more than one eye on getting - and then taking - a good five-box offer...

...which would have happened, but for £4k less! :(

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]