Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Beryl-Anne says that would meet 3 of her dreams, including taking her husband on holiday, buying a sound system for her local youth theatre. Her family in the audience tell her to think about the offer as they'd hate to see her win nothing.

Beryl-Anne says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Noel calls a break.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

We're back

Round 5

21 - Em - £75,000

3 - Andre - £3,000

8 - Hayley - £35,000

Banker time

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

The banker talks about how it feels like they're on see-saws at the moment.

Banker's offer:

£10,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Beryl-Anne asks Ted and he says he'd deal.

Beryl-Anne says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Round 6

Noel says he thought she'd stop, and she says she did too!

7 - Charlotte - £20,000

14 - Micole - £750

The banker rings and says if this is £5 now, the offer will be at least £20,000. If it's £50k, then it'll be in the low thousands. If she finds £10k, it'll probably be £10k.

20 - Stacey - £10,000

Banker time with £5 and £50,000 remaining...

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Well this is going to be a tricky offer but hopefully someone will remind her what she had yesterday and then be thinking she has half of it today.

Either way, hopefully a banker spanking.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Noel says the see-saw's collapsed! He thinks £10k may not be enough as the same extremes of the game remain from last time.

Banker's offer:

£15,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Beryl-Anne says a work colleague kept saying "four" to her, and she talks about how important the number 4 is to her. The banker rings and says the swap may not be offered.

Beryl-Anne says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

The banker phones and says he wouldn't have offered the swap.

Beryl-Anne has £5 in her box 22.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Box 4 with Victoria contains the £50,000

Beryl-Anne talks about what she'll do with the money.

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

I know we've got to presume that the banker plays on with honesty but I personally don't believe that he wouldn't have let Beryl-Anne have the swap there.

How many times has the banker refused to let somebody swap in live play? It happens very rarely if at all and I reckon if she had made it clear to him that she was desperate to swap, he would've let her do so had she turned down the 15k.

Just my opinion, of course. Officially, she had a very good result there but in my mind, she could've had 50k.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne
Global Moderator

Yay! Another spanking! Very well played there! Bit mean saying she wouldn't have got the swap, but at least there's no way Noel will be able to twist it around!

Mark wrote:
hopefully someone will remind her what she had yesterday and then be thinking she has half of it today.

IIRC, I've only ever seen someone be reminded of their box contents from the previous game once, in Natalie's game from this April, where the Banker reminded her she had 1p the previous game.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

hogwild94 wrote:
Mark wrote:
hopefully someone will remind her what she had yesterday and then be thinking she has half of it today.

IIRC, I've only ever seen someone be reminded of their box contents from the previous game once, in Natalie's game from this April, where the Banker reminded her she had 1p the previous game.

Noel could do this quite easily at the beginning. My guess is the reason they don't do it is that it may confuse viewers talking about values from previous games. The only benefit to talking about her box in that game would be remind viewers and possibly suggest a trend. Beryl-Anne was playing yesterdays game only an hour previously so she must have a bad memory if she couldn't remember it herself.

Its somewhat like looking at the last lotto numbers and predicting what they will be today. Which reminds me.. its a £89million rollover on the Euromillions :roll:

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

I found myself also thinking about when the swap has been denied in live play - I think it has, but only when the player has said outright, earlier in the game, that they didn't want one - either through declining an earlier swap offer or by expressing an affinity with the box number on the table.

Beryl-Anne may have declined a swap anyway because of the 'death box' on the table, which was referred to at least once in the game. And at least we were spared the possibility of a pushed hypo-swap.

The 8-box board certainly looked promising but it did bring back a few memories of a previous Beryl from last year who also had 6 reds and 2 blues at that point but sadly crashed to an all-blue finish. I shudder when I think that could have happened today! A good result for Beryl-Anne considering that, like with yesterday, there was no shifting that last hobo 5 amount.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Mark wrote:

Your logic is getting stranger!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

To be honest, I think if a player no-dealt at 2-box expecting a swap, then the banker didn't let them swap, and they would have been right to swap, I think there'd be absolute hell on.

Surely the main reason people leave a box unopened on the wings is because they think it contains a large amount, so under that criteria, you'd expect more to swap than not swap though......(unless you don't want the awkward decision so you eliminate the box you might have swapped for)! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

The only thing they've ever said is that the swap is ONLY guaranteed when the QM is in play at 2-box. Thankfully the banker denying Beryl-Anne the swap also prevented the hypo-swap which would have put a negative spin on a good game.

Also an example of the banker ringing at 3-box in live play and giving an indication of the potential offers (and not a 3-box offer either).

Good gameplay game and the player got the luck today at the end.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/06 Beryl-Anne

Well that was threatening to be another trainwreck, nice swerve at the end. And thank god she dealt.

With regard to the would he/wouldn't he over the final swap this isn't the first time he's refused to commit himself before the deal question was asked and i'm sure he's rung back and said he wouldn't offer the swap at least a couple of times before now, though I have a feeling those players probably dealt as well. There's certainly no guarantee of the swap unless the QM is in play, and there's nothing to say he has to give it no matter how much the player wants it. In fact i would say that the more emphasis the player put on the swap the more likely he'd be NOT to offer it, though on the other hand the relative bravery of the No Deal should probably be taken into account and with £5 still in play that no deal would have been :suspect: You can tie yorself in knots trying to second guess this show some days (well i can)

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]