Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Warnings: 0
Banker time with £250 and £15,000 left.

The Banker thinks that Ade will take a gamble, but not on a 50/50 shot.

Banker's offer:

£3,750

Groans for that offer...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

The Banker's making that offer as he doesn't think Ade will risk going home with a blue.

Ade asks if The Banker would offer the swap, and The Banker replies that he would.

Ade NO DEALS

Ade says NO SWAP

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Ade says he just wanted to know if The Banker would offer the swap, and says that if he'd said no swap, he would have dealt...

The Banker calls and assures that he has no idea where the money is.

Noel opens box 3 and reveals £15,000! :-D

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

The rest of the contestants crowd around the pound table...

Box 22 - Newbie Victoria - £250

"Top of the game" says Ade. Noel says that all a player can hope to do is take the maximum out of their game.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade
Global Moderator

Yay! Well done Ade!

Let the good wins keep coming in! :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade
International Forums Moderator

Another red win from the box. The Wakey Summer has apparently arrived.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Well at least it isn't scary summer like 2008 was ;)

Still, that was quite immense but it is an OPW :D

JS Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:17 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Methinks, the Banker was a bit too quick to phone and say he doesn't know where the money is :eyes:

Loretty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: Loretty    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Fantastic game. Ade deserved that money.
Check this out - http://twitpic.com/58b16h

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade
Forum Games Moderator

First game I've tuned in to for months.

Great stuff.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

KP wrote:

This one at least is caused by the offers, rather than the Wakey Winter being despite the offers. ;-)

Seriously what on earth was all that at the end about the swap? If he was never going to swap then why would it have made the difference between him dealing and no-dealing? This could have opened a whole new can of worms.....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Apart from a rather fair 8-box offer today (£11k was certainly dealable although I wouldn't have actually taken it today), for the 2nd day running the 5-box and 2-box offers weren't high enough (2nd day running the player is given at least 3-1 odds at 2-box for a coinflip) and the £250 was still a reasonable consolation prize.

Don't mind seeing red box wins from sensible gambles but the banker has to try a bit harder to buy the boxes soon.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Simon F, you need to look at it differently. They want good wins for the "right" people, that's why the offers are pitched that way. James, I think Ade had wised up to how it all "works" as have a few other player I have noticed lately. It is so blinking obvious that the banker knows what is in all the boxes. Call me a moron if you must, but truth will out one day

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

Hmm, I think you might be onto something here but I reckon it's just coincidence that this is happening lately

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:36 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

JS Boy wrote:
It is so blinking obvious that the banker knows what is in all the boxes. Call me a moron if you must, but truth will out one day

Js raises an interesting point and did too on yesterdays game commentary. What isn't in any doubt is that the producers can fix/choose what player comes out at any particular time. Nobody can question that point? What I am not sure - and maybe this should be in the general discussion for an explayer to confirm - is lets say David will be 'chosen' as todays player. When does he get to pick the ball that selects his box? I can only guess if the person to be chosen is first to pick then they would know its their game. If David picks his ball after 10 other people then its not good from his point of view if James has already picked the £250k ball just before him?! Can someone clarify how the box picks relate to whose game is on?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

James1978 wrote:
KP wrote:

This one at least is caused by the offers, rather than the Wakey Winter being despite the offers. ;-)

Seriously what on earth was all that at the end about the swap? If he was never going to swap then why would it have made the difference between him dealing and no-dealing? This could have opened a whole new can of worms.....

I think he was just in two minds whether or not to deal and used the option of the swap as a sort of mental coin toss. Makes little sense to me either to be honest, but it worked for him either way

Good game, hard to follow on from yesterday's feel good victory and for a long time that looked like it was going to be a trainwreck but that was literally snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

Conspiracy theorists believe what you will, but I think you're being rather dismissive of the players. Why can't blind luck be just that, blind?

JS Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 am    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

norwichdonder wrote:
JS Boy wrote:
It is so blinking obvious that the banker knows what is in all the boxes. Call me a moron if you must, but truth will out one day

Js raises an interesting point and did too on yesterdays game commentary. What isn't in any doubt is that the producers can fix/choose what player comes out at any particular time. Nobody can question that point? What I am not sure - and maybe this should be in the general discussion for an explayer to confirm - is lets say David will be 'chosen' as todays player. When does he get to pick the ball that selects his box? I can only guess if the person to be chosen is first to pick then they would know its their game. If David picks his ball after 10 other people then its not good from his point of view if James has already picked the £250k ball just before him?! Can someone clarify how the box picks relate to whose game is on?

From what Moxx has posted, I think he thinks that I am saying the player knows what's in the box. I only believe that the the Banker knows - I don't think Noel does, although sometimes I think the Banker tells him over the phone at a crucial time in the game.

As for your post above Norwichdonder, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying as I believe they pick a numbered ball with a box number, so there is no £250k ball. You are right to raise this though as this is my whole problem with the show. It would not be difficult to devise a system where the numbers on the boxes are allocated at random to the sealed boxes and then the players select at random a box - therefore nobody knows what's in the boxes. They could show this in front of the audience (both live and TV) and then there would be no question that anything has been rigged.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

norwichdonder wrote:
JS Boy wrote:

When does he get to pick the ball that selects his box? I can only guess if the person to be chosen is first to pick then they would know its their game. If David picks his ball after 10 other people then its not good from his point of view if James has already picked the £250k ball just before him?! Can someone clarify how the box picks relate to whose game is on?

The ball picks are definitely done AFTER the players have been selected for that day's filming. The boxes aren't picked until the contestants come out for that episode's filming and they start from one side of the studio and get the players to pick balls out from W1 to E12 (or vice versa). There's no way that the producers could know what is in the players box (unless you believe that Noel has lied for every one of the episodes when he says that only the IA knows what is in the box).

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:27 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade

JS Boy wrote:
Simon F, you need to look at it differently. They want good wins for the "right" people, that's why the offers are pitched that way. James, I think Ade had wised up to how it all "works" as have a few other player I have noticed lately. It is so blinking obvious that the banker knows what is in all the boxes. Call me a moron if you must, but truth will out one day

Define what consistutes the "right" people.

If you are so certain you know what is in the box at 5-box and you can go online during the show, I challenge you to predict for a couple of weeks and see how accurate your predictions are.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/06 Ade
International Forums Moderator

I agree with Simon but for two things:
1. As Weaver (IIRC) has pointed out elsewhere before, the Banker could, for all we know, be informed by the IA of the player's box value during round one, after Noel's formalities.
2. Given the show is prepared to play fast and loose with its ruleset on many an occasion for ostensible entertainment value, it would not be as surprising as it seems if this was being hidden. It is not enough for DoND to be fair, it must be seen to be fair. Too often the latter doesn't happen and that creates the space for conspiracists like JS Boy (and, a long time ago, me).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]