Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

Warnings: 0
I was hoping to never see this stupid gimmick return and now it has. With three pairs to open surely you find the "WIN" if you opened the same number each time.

Fan of classic rock and metal

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:49 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

http://watchmojo.com/film/blog/wp-conte ... -shark.jpg

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

cfd just summed this game up perfectly! :D

But seriously, this was horrendous in every way you describe it

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

Well that was a very poor deal the offer at 5 box was 8% lower relative to the mean than at 8 box.

I didn't like the gimmick but he almost deserved to be messed around with for that deal.

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:48 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

I didn't enjoy this game for some reason, and that was before the gimmicky ending. The deal suited Tony, and as we saw, if he had taken the top of the game, he'd be chasing the £35,000 as there'd only be a small increase in the offer. It was just unfortunate that it was in his box. I'm also very glad he turned down the boxes at the end, and refused to play the extra gimmicky game tacked on at the end. I applaud Tony for that.

Also, Ted looks like he's going to be an eccentric character with a story to tell. Can't wait for his game.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony
Administrator & Global Moderator

Those little boxes seem to be permanently stored in the table so it looks like they can come out at any point.

I assume the banker kept offering more boxes today, simply to prove the point that whatever he did and however generous he made a gamble, Tony wouldn't risk it.

Oh and I noticed Noel's wearing a watch again (because I notice these things). It seems to be big, shiny and metal; just like Noel himself. I reckon he got it for Christmas, which was only a couple of weeks ago. ;) He still probably doesn't have any time for early-dealers though. :P

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

I'd have been half tempted by the first gamble but definitely not the last two - there was more to lose than to gain!

Tony's deal was perhaps cautious (with the £5k I'd have wanted to play on) but probably the right choice for him, and I'm glad he found the £100k before 2-box and rose above that end gimmick.

There's been a bit too much messing about this week, what with George and Irene's random extra offers and now this.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony
International Forums Moderator

cfd, I nearly posted "Is that a shark jump I see before me?" but chose not to. Let you have that one :)

I'm half glad you didn't get this commentary and half really, really wishing you did.

Anyway, the initial deal was ill-advised in my book, but not half as much as the producer's response to it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:11 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

£11,500 deal. A bit cautious but the 30% chance of dropping down to low 4-figures at best means I can see the reason for dealing.

Glad he resisted the gamble (even though the 7/8 chance of £20k should be taken statistically - like others, I hate those little boxes).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:12 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

Random impromptu offers I can live with, they are after all within the spirit of the game, these post deal twists though are something else again.

I'm not sure what the Banker/ Producers were trying to achieve with the Boxes. There wasn't much for Tony to gain from taking on the gamble, given he wouldn't even be doubling his money and while by the third set of boxes the odds were in his favour I can understand why he didn't want to go home empty handed.

The same reasoning no doubt led to his somewhat cautious but pragmatic deal. And to be fair to him there, he would have had to go all the way to get significantly more and even with £5k back up i don't think he would have neccessarily taken that gamble - in which case he only missed out of a few grand.

cfd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:37 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 03/06 Tony

Heh heh KP. I'd have ripped that to *beep* shreds if I was doing the commentary lol. Probably a good job I wasn't doing it!

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]