Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Warnings: 0
But would she have swapped the box though... Noel forgot to mention that...

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

I think we should have had the hypo swap given the £250k was on the board, just as Rob had to endure. Still thats a pretty high OBW.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

These are the times I really hate the show, if I wanted an offer after one box, I would've asked myself! This could've been an early potential game of the month if it wasn't for that! :evil:

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

norwichdonder wrote:
I think we should have had the hypo swap given the £250k was on the board, just as Rob had to endure. Still thats a pretty high OBW.

TBW rather than an OBW I believe. She did deal for higher than her box value.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

WHAT... THE... HECK?!!? :evil:
I'm absolutely outraged at what the Banker did at 4-box. £40,000 was a downright terrible offer. I'd have wanted AT LEAST £70,000.
He says he has never done that before and quite frankly I hope it NEVER happens again.

And please leave the one box offers for the SPECIAL shows. That was a good example of how to RUIN a potential good game. Irene was cheated out of £80k. She would've no doubt taken £120k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene
Global Moderator

That was a great game. 30k was an easy no deal; 40k was worth more consideration, but still declinable. Shame she found the £50 rather than the 250k in the proveout, and no way would 120k have been the offer; 90k was more beleivable IMO. Still great game, and well done on 40k Irene. Better than most Irenes appear to have done! ;)

Also, was there a filming break between Matt's game and this one? A lot of the girls have had their hair done.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

The FD there was about £118k, so £120k is believable.

Fan of classic rock and metal

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

cfd wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:
TBW rather than an OBW I believe. She did deal for higher than her box value.

True. Still I missed the point that Mark raised about saying she would have swapped the boxes. That would still have been 5 times better than Robs deal of £8k?

After 1600 games you have to say how many other 'firsts' can they come up with. That dual offer was extremely cheeky after some extremely poor offers at 11/8box gambling on her having a crash.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Mixed feelings about that, I suppose she deserved a TPW but not an OPW.

120K seemed like a perfectly balanced offer for a moderate player

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Is there anything I hate more than an offer halfway through a round? On this show, I don't think there is. Especially when you decline an offer and then immediately get another offer thereafter. Simply ridiculous. The board was unbelivable kind, and was startlingly familiar with Suzanne's if you replace the £50k with a blue.

I'm just so very glad she only had £35k in her box, or I would've been rather angry.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Is revising an offer after the player has said no deal in the rules? (Actually ask a silly question, they just make them up as they go along!) :)

At least finally the curse of Irenes finally seems to have been lifted!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:32 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Well in the rules or not you have to admire the Banker's audacity there. That was a very clever strategy on his part. He saved himself a lot of money and well done him. Personally i have no issues with the Banker making impromptu offers if the mood and the strength of the board warrant it. At the end of the day he's only fulfilling his role within the show (viza vie. trying to buy the box back as cheeply as possible)

On the other hand £40k is still a pretty tasty sum and while I would have probably been lured on by the strength of the board myself I can appreciate Irene's reasoning in taking it. Hard to say what i would have done at the end, in principle it's easy to say that with 2 of the power 5 still in play you've got nothing to lose by gambling but at the same time £120k is a lot to turn down

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 02/06 Irene

Fascinating game. Probably the worst thing you can do on a 3 red/2 blue 5-box is take out a blue first because it seems the banker wants to try and get you out at 4-box.

Yes, a conventional 3-box round would have got her a 6-figure deal but the banker's job is to get the player to sell the box for as little as possible and if he can try and do that by sticking in extra offers, then it's up to the player to decide whether he's being fair with them. £30k clearly wasn't a good offer (the EV of the 2-box offer was around £75k at 4-box) but although £40k wasn't good either, it increased the drop from the offer down to the low 5-figure offer in the nightmare scenario plus increased the drop down to the £100k/blue finish.

Banker clearly read her as cautious and hence he didn't need to offer anywhere near what the board deserved.

In regards to the guaranteed swap, it's possible it was offered, declined and ended up on the cutting room floor.

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]