Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:10 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:10 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 30/05 George
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
George's game today.

Noel dressed in a shirt that looked absolutely fine until I saw the floral pattern on it. :D He delivers a highly overblown introduction in which he said that he didn't realise the show would be so stressful... he pretends to take medication... and then crawls to the board mockingly begging the player to take the first offer!! Did he know I was commentating?!?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

(I urge you to watch the intro on 4oD because I cannot do it justice.)

George Cook is a part-time English and Maths tutor at the weekends, and a stage management student during the week... he's from Rainham, Essex.

His first photo is of him (aged 7) at his mother's wedding, which he sees as the start of when he started to come out of his shell. Another photo of his family comes out, and he says that he doesn't let his family members make him make his mind up. When asked if his determination will carry him through the game, he simply says he'll see how it plays out.

Surly nod of the head to confirm he has Box 21... and we are away.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Round 1

George has an envelope to be passed onto the Banker, but will not give it to him yet.

5 - £3,000 Matt
1 - 10p Newbie Stacey (I think - her hair covered her name badge)
12 - 50p Emma
Crowd already chanting...
16 - 1p :D Olga
More of a hug than a kiss for the 1p but who cares? George emphasises he has no system, and asks someone for a box!
22 - £100 Jonny

Banker time.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

A new week that is in need of big wins as if there wasn't enough already

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

And that is a brilliant start :D

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Banker says he can't remember the last time such a young player was consulted for advice so often, and cannot read him... that plus the board worries him. He isn't sure if he is a risk-taker or a target-driven player... George makes the tactical blunder of writing a target in the book, but the Banker thinks his target might simply be an OPW!

Banker's offer:

£16,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

The Banker said if his aim was a spanking, he could get it with this offer! George points out that as a student, £16,000 would "do him wonders". He decides to pass his envelope on at this point. Noel asks if we'll find out what the envelope contains, and George says we may not find out...

George says NO DEAL. Noel doesn't thank him for it!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Noel continues to wonder about the contents of the envelope as he calls the first break...

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Whatever it is, I hope the envelope doesn't distract him from a potential powerful board...

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

£16k at the first offer. Let's just hope this isn't a game where that's the peak.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

We're back for part two. Noel wonders if we'll learn about both the envelope gift and George in this round!

Round 2

9 - £50 Anthony
20 - £10 Irene
2 - £250,000 :( Charlie

Banker time

cfd

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

I was just about to say "what a board" but then the £250,000 got hit.

Still though...

What a board.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Never a good time to see the QM but that might have just saved him having to turn down a £25k offer if that was a blue then.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Massive relief for the Banker, who confirms the contents of the envelope will be revealed at the end of the game, but was "brilliant" and "very funny". He's now anticipating George might not be stopped...

Banker's offer:

£12,000

cfd

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:17 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Dealable. But there's enough stability to push one more round I think. It's another of those where there's limited upside potential due to the lack of the QM pushing the average up.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

George calls the offers "incredible". He says the only two people who could make him change his mind are not in the audience - for that very reason. They are his mum and nan. He says he is here to enjoy himself, and that there is more of that left.

George says NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Round 3

15 - £250 Zoleka
4 - £5 Poppy
Noel starts presuming George is an "OHO", and that the block of reds makes this "astonishing"... that's your hyperbolic break link, folks...

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Simon F wrote:
Never a good time to see the QM but that might have just saved him having to turn down a £25k offer if that was a blue then.

And if he's not the blind gambler Noel implied he was with the OHO nonsense, he could have had a lot of regrets if coaxed into chasing that sort of offer if it went in round 3. At least he has not only a perfect board for game-chasing at this point, but very little to chase. Mean is already above starting value even without the QM on the board, and FD is over £16k.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:22 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

2nd ad break at 4:18?? :o
Are we in for another player going all the way?
£12k was generous having taken out £250k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

We're back. It's 4:23pm and there are only twelve boxes left. Despite the £250k being absent, Noel talks up this board big time.

George calls for a pilgrim to choose the next box...

Round 3 continued
8 - £50,000 Beryl-Anne

Banker time

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]