Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Warnings: 0
OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

Should have been a LOT more brave and believed in his birthday box.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

The biggest banker victory of all time... and the biggest LOSER!

He had his chance, he blew it BIG BIG BIG time.

Last edited by Mark on Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

KP. Doesn't that beat Tolleck by 1000 as the worst deal ever for the £250k box? If that had been any of the last 5 players since Suzanne......

sorlag

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: sorlag    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

You just cannot deal at 1/4 of the average.

Wonder what he'd have done if mum hadn't stuck her nose in.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

I've never seen a game like this, my goodness he took that badly. Not sure it made good tv it was hard to watch and when the quarter of a million came to the table my wife left the room!!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob
International Forums Moderator

Technically a TBW and nothing like as bad as it looks but... well the nascent post-Suzanne Wakeyist trend is going to accelerate after that one, you have to say.

Would have been lured into a gambling trap myself with the Banker promise and the low actual five-box offer, and been enormously relieved to get £75k on the Laura finish.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

That was the WORST game I have ever sat through. All the crying was just so annoying. It's worse than Donna's game where she was crying over £21k. Noel failed to mention that he had the Laura finish and that Rob has beaten Tolleck's record.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Such a wimp. That £8k offer and the next one had no deal written all over it.

Officially the WORST game of the year.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

sorlag wrote:
Wonder what he'd have done if mum hadn't stuck her nose in.

I thought that too when she stuck her beak in. I know she was trying to help but shes jinxed his game not once but twiche.
And to all those who cheered and played on the side of the banker today, you are evil. The ending of this game has much similarity on the one in my sig below. However even Donna managed to walk away with more than twice as much.

Last edited by norwichdonder on Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Can someone clip up the last 10 mins(from the final offer and deal) and put it on youtube. It's got to be in the hall of fame along with Tolleck and Donna. cheers.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Rob seemed very vulnerable up there - and seemed to be very reliant on his parents. Some of the comments on here are cruel IMO - I suspect one of the things about his learning difficulties is that he's very emotional. It made for very uncomfortable viewing.

Last edited by greeny on Mon May 23, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

If that goes on Youtube, I can see the comments now.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Actually to be damned with mowing the lawn. Channel 4 + 1 to watch the build up to that deal again. Its hard to believe what we've just seen.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:18 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Oh dear lord...worse game to start the week and we have a new record too

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Seeing some comments elsewhere about this game :smt009

Knew this game was going to divide opinion as soon as we heard he had learning difficulties

That was painful and very uncomfortable, even though he got smile money out of it

Is it official Tolleck's record has gone because that swap wasn't in live play

I hate to think how he would have coped had he taken out the biggie if he had no dealt that £8,000 offer, think he may have broken down even worse than he did at the end. The £8,000 was already stressing him out and I for one don't blame him for dealing when he did

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob
International Forums Moderator

Note: he did NOT have the £250k. He had the £3k.

As someone else who has gone through my life with (what typically is referred to as) learning difficulties, I am more upset with this thread than that Deal. May even have taken it myself, with that volatility. I've seen £10-15k offered on £250k/peanuts games at five-box. I've seen such deals tolerated by most of the forum. And if £15k is a Deal on that five-box, £8k for Rob today was a deal too...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:36 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

I would NEVER have dealt at any offer <£9,000. I'd have considered £10k or more.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

KP wrote:
Note: he did NOT have the £250k. He had the £3k.

Very true, but I think it was fair and honest that we had the hypo swap, regardless that we didn't get feelgood ending. Just watching it again, Noel is very negative around 8 box and unusually not putting much emphasis on the the £250k. Indeed Noel says "eight thousand pounds" with a huge amount of importance and a lot of those on the wings are putting huge emphasis on dealing and not losing 8k.... There is huge pressure on him to deal at this point.

As to the other point thats been raised, well we all have personal issues in life. Whether we come on a national tv gameshow and discuss them is a personal matter and there will always be negative reactions. Thats just life. This programme does give a lift to many people so we should expect good times and bad.

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:00 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

That was an uncomfortable game to watch. His offers were poor and like Noel I felt it was right for Rob to deal at 8 box.
I don't think we should look at it as a QM missed as he would have dealt at 5 box which was an even poorer offer, or failing that £75K.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Well I'm not bothering with this one on 4OD - but it does seem as thought those sort of painful boards are attracted to the most vulnerable players, I'm thinking of people like Ovie as well. You could easily go on and lose the lot, or deal and have THAT sort of proveout.

Oh yeah and Dougie just had the same sort of 8-box and offer not long ago and people were criticising him for not taking the £8k he was offered as a "lifeline", then his game went kaputt. :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

romanticism

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:10 pm    Author: romanticism    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

I watch DOND every day and have never felt compelled to post a message on an internet forum, however todays game (and some of the comments I have read about it) have driven me to post.

It was an incredibly painful game to watch, and I've been left with a lingering feeling of sadness. My older brother was diagnosed with mild learning difficulties when I was young and seeing the obstacles he faces every day and the prejudice and cruelty from people around him has left me sensitive to issues surrounding learning difficulties. I do not mean this in a condescending way, and I am not feeling sorry for Rob because of his learning difficulties, though I do feel sad about how his game turn out and the way in which it affected him, as I know it similarly would have affected my brother in much the same way. Things like that can easily become a fixation (I would take a guess at Rob having Asperger's or being somewhere on the spectrum, as my brother is) and he may have become fixated on getting a high amount.

It saddens me to see people on here saying that his emotions were 'annoying' and laughing at Rob. People are cruel, and those who are laughing should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves if they want to be a bully. The kind of people who laugh at learning difficulties are just as bad as those who physically, mentally and verbally bully those with learning difficulties.

A big part of my brother's difficulty is his emotion, and I know that he wears his heart permanently on his sleeve, which does not always necessarily do him favours - I imagine it is much the same for Rob. He seemed like an incredibly sweet man and every single one of the other contestants appeared to really like him and genuinely would miss him. Rob is a testament to what you can achieve and he has inspired both my brother and me.

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]