Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm Last visit was: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6

Noel says he hopes Dean can make this work, as a lot would've dealt there.

Dean says he wants to tell a story before the next box, and Noel puts his feet up on the table. :lol: He talks about how his wife spoke about a number in the 30s, and he thinks that links to the £35,000 on the board.

9 - Danni - £5,000

3 - Annette - £35,000

Dean says you can't always expect the highest in life, and you have to go with what you've got.

20 - George - £1,,000

Banker time with £50 and £3,000 remaining...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

The banker says the last decision was either very brave or very foolish, and he thinks it was brave.

Banker's offer:

£1,500

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Dean says that's fair enough. Dom says it's bang on the middle, and is down to a coin-flip now. George says he knows what Dean came for, and he says it doesn't mean it's not achievable now. Dean wonders if he's able to swap his box, and the banker rings and says he'll tell him after Dean's answered the question!

Dean says he wants the banker to know he runs the shots at the moment, and he asks the banker "swap or no swap". The banker says it's the wrong number. :lol:

Dean says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

The banker says he'd have phoned here and said "No swap".

Dean has £50 in his box 4.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Box 15 with newbie Leroy contains the £3,000

Dean says the money will do a lot, and he's going to spend it on his son.

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean
Global Moderator

Dean was a nice enough chap, and there was some great banter there. The five-box no deal was very brave; shame it didn't work out. But 1.5k is decent enough cash.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

DanS

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

What a fantastic contestant Dean was. Absolutely hilarious and appeared to be a very awesome dude too. It's a shame that all these nice contestants are having unfortunate games, but at least he beat the banker.

I wish people would start choosing the newbie earlier too. Leroy looks to me to be a very eccentric character, and a nice chat with him wouldn't have gone amiss. :D

Profile E-mail  

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Can't believe Dean turned down £8k so quick. Could he not see that the offer was VERY close to the average?
Anyway, can't blame him for taking £1,500 as that was right in the middle.

Looking forward to when Leroy's box is opened tomorrow.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:12 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

DanS wrote:
What a fantastic contestant Dean was. Absolutely hilarious and appeared to be a very awesome dude too. It's a shame that all these nice contestants are having unfortunate games, but at least he beat the banker.

I wish people would start choosing the newbie earlier too. Leroy looks to me to be a very eccentric character, and a nice chat with him wouldn't have gone amiss. :D

It would help if the newbie didn't have the number he wanted to keep.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean
International Forums Moderator

Another one chases the money on a weak board - unlike Tuesday, this one was genuinely questionable, and also unlike Tuesday, this one didn't pay off. At least he didn't take the gamble at the end.

Sucked in by the oranges, I fancy. I'd probably want £6k there.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

The 5-box offer was 90.8% of the mean if my maths is correct. Excluding Debs' 3,000,000%-of-the-mean offer at 5-box, when was the last 5-box offer that was so high in terms of generosity?!

Profile E-mail  

Kanga

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:35 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

I dont think I have ever seen such hysterical laughter from the wings before - there must have been a lot more to those stories than was broadcast.
Lovely bloke but lacking some common sense - I was thinking anything over £5k was dealable at 5 box.

Profile E-mail  

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

A pretty average TPW with quite a bit of prodding along from Noel. The 'story' about his wife foretelling a number in the 30's came a little too late for the 8k offer which was fairly high. The banker has heard better anecdotes than that before which is why we didnt get another call to better the offer.

I suspect he was still having a fair bit of Suzanne and Rons games fresh in his mind hence the quick decision to play on.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:53 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

I'm not sure what "number" he wanted at 5-box but it seemed to me that he might have turned down an AMO there.

An enjoyable game nonetheless but a strange decision at 5-box.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Dean was a good charecter but that was a flip/flop game - literally good round/bad round.

Personally i would have probably taken the £8k at five box given the likelihood of an OPW if i did so - plus I'd be wary that if my game ran true to course I'd be facing another bad round. Having said that the part of me that believes in - or wants to believe in - pre-destiny and the spiritual side of the game really hoped his wife was right about the £35k

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Kanga wrote:
I dont think I have ever seen such hysterical laughter from the wings before.

Walter's game springs to mind

Banker, Noel, audience and contestants all in hysterics :-D

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

the wellser

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

He seemed to believe too much in predictions, visions etc.

Did anyone else think the story regarding the prediction of his son was a little unimpressive. If there was 40 different genders it could have been it would have been amazing, but as the psychic had 50% of being right it was not so amazing, yet he was acting as if he'd been told the winning lottery numbers.

Tombone

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:48 pm    Author: Tombone    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Missed it last night, pic of him anyone please?

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Tombone wrote:
Missed it last night, pic of him anyone please?

Profile E-mail  

Tombone

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 pm    Author: Tombone    Post subject: Re: 19/05 Dean

Profile E-mail  
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]