Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:25 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
What an amazing game! Congratulations Suzanne!

Billy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:11 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

...I never thought I'd see an unspoiled £250k game, but just have!!

Laura's was obviously everywhere, and Alice's had people saying "Historic £250k win!" on Facebook. This time all I saw was a message (from former contestant Psychic Sarah) saying "Now that's how you play Deal or No Deal!" so watched it on 4OD, but I'd have never guessed it would turn out like THAT. Simply breathtaking, but even to the end I assumed it was just going to be a big £75k-ish win, then came the dream top two, then the highest offer ever, then the bloody swap!! Huge well done to Suzanne for making DOND history, and so amazing to finally watch a £250k game without knowing beforehand.

So, January 2007, March 2009, May 2011...see you all in July 2013? :P

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

StatsMan wrote:
I think if I've worked it out right, you'd expect to see a 5-box like that about every 310 games - Daniel's was another (top 4 and £750), can't think of any more at the moment though...

The chance of a game having at least four Power Five amounts in the final five is about 1 in 306. It's happened 6 times so far.

Game 86: Brenda (9 Feb 2006)
Game 526: Daniel (28 August 2007)
Game 790: Colleen (1 July 2008)
Game 1132: Tracey (1 October 2009)
Game 1366: Kelly (1 July 2010)
Game 1614: Suzanne (13 May 2011)

Brenda and Colleen had already dealt, but the other four were still in live play.

Quote:
Coming back to the first point, It is satisfying that people were able to enjoy the game to the full without any obvious spoiler banding around on here (although Suzanne was mentioned rather unsubtly on here by some...), and we'd all agree today's show was all the better for it, they serve no purpose, so please let's not spoil the show for others.

Hear hear! I was unlucky enough to hear about the events in Suzanne's game through being in the audience for some of the forthcoming games (although, to be fair, it would have been weird if Noel hadn't have mentioned it). I'm so jealous of people who saw it with no idea of the outcome! However, there were definitely one or two comments here over the past couple of weeks that weren't quite as subtle as they intended to be. Sometimes it's really hard to keep secrets and say absolutely nothing, but people will thank you for it if you do.

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Game of the month, the year, the season, of all time!!!!!!

Does that mean we should all stop watching now...?

Last edited by MisterAl on Sun May 15, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Haven't watched DOND for some time (in fact discovered my last post on here was a year ago tomorrow!) but saw there had been a third £250k winner and had to watch the evidence and read the discussion of it - and while the previous two were "manufactured" by a joke offer and the Banker's Gamble, this looks like it was the time it was actually won through having the perfect game, the board just too strong to get away from, that was long overdue really! Congratulations to Suzanne, hopefully can catch the game in full when it's repeated.

Interesting to see "DVDfever" posting on here - I've known of your music chart commentaries since about 1997 I think!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

ciderduck wrote:
Would I be right in thinking that this result had been spoiled online somehow?
Boy am I actually glad I no longer watch the show as I fear I might have heard rumblings somewhere about the result.

I can't abide spoilers. Fair enough some people like to know in advance (why?!) but for the love of....put a sock in it. Dvdfever has a good point, I might have to boot someone off the site if they persisted in it.

But not that I'm implying anyone does that here, some other forums? Nightmare.

The oft mentioned Digital Spy which is the site I commentate on got the result spoiled unfortunately by someone called SRW (sound familiar, anyone?)

They did put it in spoilers fair do's, but I think they knew some people wouldn't be able to resist looking anyway (including myself unfortunately :oops: )

But we took it in our stride after Suzanne won, and the majority were very pleased and it was genuinely nervewracking when the dream finish popped up which NONE of us saw coming even though most of us knew what was going to happen in terms of the result

And now god help whoever follows that game tomorrow and what will the banker do now I wonder

I mean he locked himself in his room and then cried down the phone when Laura won, then he got fired for most of the next game after Alice won....

The perfect game and a shoe in for the summer Hall of Fame if there is going to be one this year, well done Suzanne

She was just so cool about the whole thing which was quite extraordinary

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 am    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I don't want to watch Deal anymore. I stopped watching and now I get that spoiled by that youtube upload from their official channel which I thought was nothing. :cry:

hevelius

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:15 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

:smt038 well done again Suzanne...totally awesome game-the best so far!...when in the wings she said something very prophetic 'if its meant for u it will not pass u'....she had the will,the confidence,the style,the bravado to pull it off...and she had that feeling...garry aka 'hevelius'.'DON'T STOP BELIEVING-HOLD ONTO THAT FEELING'.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Aww I missed this game. :crying But then I havent been watching it much as the person I had heard would be the next big winner, was a bloke who ended up winning just 100 quid I think. Put me on a bit of a downer and havent watched it since. Still well done and there is always catch up. :box: :smt038

deal who rebecca

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:07 pm    Author: deal who rebecca    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

havent got round to coming on here as i was busy

well done suzanne
for being number 3

just thinking they never been english

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

deal who rebecca wrote:
just thinking they never been english

LOL quite true!

Wales, Wales and now Ireland... ;)

Plus they've all been under 25.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
Forum Games Moderator

Did someone win £250,000?

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Get with the times Skyline :smt046

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
Forum Games Moderator

Aww man, and she did what I was aiming to do when I got to DOND.

Screw that petty minimum age requirement! I'm sure a 5-year old would really appreciate £50,000, why not a 17 year old?

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:41 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

As an epitaph to this game(getting nearer to 10 pages) and you want to see how it feels to have this same board after dealing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbyFxNDP0Nw
The fun starts at 4minutes, but watch from the begining if you want to see the full train wreck. Absolutely delicious. :laughing

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
International Forums Moderator

That was just such a classic example of the chaos theory effect on this show, not to mention the personality effect.

Divisive character gets a board that could go spectacularly either way, is horribly uncertain, Deals because she doesn't know what to do and her partner seemingly does, gets that proveout... cue the fireworks.

It was six times more likely at the deal point that she would secure an OPW with an entire round to spare than she was to leave the dream finish. Says a lot about how much this game can swing, doesn't it? And Suzanne's game just swung one way all day.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I stumbled across this on the forum last weekend, best game ever obviously. The 1st non set up QM win although the offer lept from 34% of the mean at 5 box to 68% of the mean at 4 box.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:00 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

alexandercbrown wrote:
I stumbled across this on the forum last weekend, best game ever obviously. The 1st non set up QM win although the offer lept from 34% of the mean at 5 box to 68% of the mean at 4 box.

And then to 82.5% of the mean at 3-box, and 94.3% of the mean at 2-box... ;)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I would have thought the offer HAD to shoot up in terms of the mean at 4-box given that £35k was guaranteed! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
International Forums Moderator

Basically the offers were a load of *beep* as long as there was any risk of an early Deal!! :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:35 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

£30k at 5-box was pants. Suzanne said in the interview that she might've gone if it was about £60k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]