Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

mallard2007

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!! :-D

I think that sums that up. :D

A massive congrats to Suzanne, I certainly didn't see that coming. And what a gift for her and Simon just before they get married. :-D

PS. Does anyone know what day this game was filmed on?

sue.b

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm    Author: sue.b    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

A massive congrats to Suzanne and all involved! :-D May she win every penny of that £ 250 ,000 . :D

sue.b

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:13 pm    Author: sue.b    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Sorry - I meant "ENJOY" and not "WIN" in my last post there. Excitement getting to my head! L.O.L

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
By the way, a little competition/quiz type thing...

Q: When will someone (potentially killersbee / Mad Mark / Mark) next complain about "the lack of big wins recently"?

I'm going to give it 7 days. Maximum.

You just couldn't resist, could you? ;)

Big-Davey wrote:
I think instead of KB moaning about the next big win, he should now predict the date the £250,000 will be won next, given he was only DAYS out from his spooky prediction for this one!! :D

Already posted my answer in another thread :)

Oni-91

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

The one day I didn't watch, and this happens.

AAARGH

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Of course, this week will now be in the top 3 best weeks ever in terms of payout.

Currently at number 1 is the week beginning 1st Jan 2007 (week of Laura's win) with a total payout of £336,876.

Currently at number 2 is the week beginning 9th Mar 2009 (week of Alice's win) with a total payout of £307,751.

This week currently has a payout of £303,000.10. So assuming Sunday's player wins at least £4,750.91, then it'll take 2nd place. Sunday's player needs to win £33,875.91 or more for this week to gain the top spot!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:06 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Wow, what a game. :D

I knew today's game was going to be something special (again mainly by the amount of hints made by The Banker on Twitter), but I didn't know what exactly that would be. My initial thought was that the whole power 5 were going to remain intact at 5-box...and it wasn't far off! Then when I saw how the end game was progressing, and Noel going on about the dream finish in live play, I suspected that was what was going to happen. What I didn't expect was Suzanne to swap, and then go on to win £250,000! I did think she would no deal the final offer, but I had a horrible feeling the swap wasn't going to pay off - thankfully it did. Of course winning £100,000 wouldn't have been a bad result either.

It did seem they were keen for Suzanne to progress one box at a time by offering her boyfriend the chance to throw 5 cans, but I wonder how differently the game would have panned out if he had failed at the cans and The Banker had got a chance to look in her box. :ponder:

It was good that they managed to keep this game a secret for the majority of people and that it wasn't spoiled by the press.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I am pleased that this game wasn't spoilt for the majority of viewers, as should of course be the case. Even though I knew the result, this was still a thrilling game, and I was surprised she swapped for it, although I suppose she had the relative comfort of knowing it would still be a brilliant result if it didn't work out, a luxury Corinne didn't have...

Coming back to the first point, It is satisfying that people were able to enjoy the game to the full without any obvious spoiler banding around on here (although Suzanne was mentioned rather unsubtly on here by some...), and we'd all agree today's show was all the better for it, they serve no purpose, so please let's not spoil the show for others. Ok, rant over! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

It's always the quiet ones isn't it? :-D

If you'd asked me to pick a player from the wings who might win £250,000 I would never have picked Suzanne, she just didn't seem strong enough, but then again i don't know if i would have classed Laura or Alice as prize candidates either.
In some respects I think that was the easiest £250k win ever, the boxes just fell her way throughout. The closest she came to a bad round was finding the £75,000 in round 2 and that was little more than a hiccup. I think the Banker shot himself in the foot somewhat with some rather lacklustre offers, maybe he had her pegged as a cautious player too.
I suspect though that there was a cunning reason why he goaded Suzanne's fiance into playing Tin Pan Alley on her behalf and had he messed up then I'm sure we would have seen a lot of guilt-tripping and mind games
Luckily the game wasn't spoilered for me and even at 5 box i wasn't sure how much further Suzanne would be prepared to go. Once she took out the last blue in the very next box though i knew it was going to be impossible to get her out of the chair, that's a scenario everyone wants to see through to the end. The fact that the next two boxes were the lowest two reds, I could hardly believe it.
Oh and the swap paid off, not sure i understood her reasons for taking it but who cares...she won the £250,000 (and a holiday :D ). Game of the month, the year, the season, of all time!!!!!!
Congratulations then to Suzanne on being the shows biggest ever winner and to CFD for a memorable debut in the commentary box. And finally perhaps people will stop banging on about Dales Game

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Nice little touch with the Suzanne wanted poster at the end. I wonder if we'll see it in Sunday's game.

Bojangles

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:11 am    Author: Bojangles    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I was lucky enough to be in the audience for this game and still have some confetti at home! It was amazing - indescribable. Fantastic game!

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:11 am    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Actually, I've decided - bugger it, there's a zillion Deal videos out there, so I don't know why mine got automatically blocked unless they've changed things so unless I have to take it down, here it is: Suzanne's 5-box and the finale - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hydFph4mYE

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

johnr

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:16 am    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I love the Cowboy and Indian themed music that plays during the telephone banker conversations with the banker more than the normal music! It would probably work during a normal show too!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Wow. Wasn't sure what to do today.

Seen the trailer so knew there was something big going on this week and had been checking Twitter early afternoon to try and get a hint as to the day I should stop looking at Twitter/Facebook at 4pm. Got home from work at 5pm, turned TV on but then had to go out for the evening at 5.40pm at 6-box (at which point I had a fair idea that the dream ending was going to happen).

Then got a text from a family member saying how amazing DOND was today, texted back to say I hadn't seen it all and then logged on the forum on my phone and read the end of the commentary. Just got back home and watched the ending.

If I was being really nitpicky, you could criticise the £30k offer at 5-box and the fact that the BF got to throw and got an extra 2 cans but given that she probably would have ended up with the same 2 boxes at the end (who knows what the banker would have done if he'd seen the box but who cares), then this was about a perfect a QM win as possible. I think there were cases for dealing every offer from £75k onwards (I wouldn't have criticsed them if she had). As Noel said, the bravest thing she did was to swap (although even if she had swapped the QM away, she would have a small consolation of £100k).

I still aren't ecstatic about the trailers this week but I understand why they would want to get as many people watching it as possible today and it was never implied specifically that there would be a QM win today (although the avid viewer would have realised as soon as a female contestant got picked that there weren't many things that hadn't happened in the show's history) and as the game progressed and the blues disappeared, it wasn't too difficult to guess. The way the boxes got opened in that final round were perfection.

Some of us may criticise DOND from time to time - sometimes it's not perfect but how many gameshows can have someone win £250k dressed as a cowboy?

Roll on Sunday.

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:28 am    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Does anyone know when the full show gets repeated, please?

The next broadcast on More4 (for the repeat) is after midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning, and then two showings on Monday, but I don't know if any of these will just be Sunday's show and they'd normally skip Friday's.

Someone asked me on Twitter earlier tonight and would probably want to skip a million ads before the show starts :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

DVDfever wrote:

The next broadcast on More4 (for the repeat) is after midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning, and then two showings on Monday, but I don't know if any of these will just be Sunday's show and they'd normally skip Friday's.

Someone asked me on Twitter earlier tonight and would probably want to skip a million ads before the show starts :D

The show on Sunday night/Monday morning at 1:20am will be a repeat of today's game. The Monday 9:00am game is a repeat of a Christmas game from last year and the 1:30pm showing on Monday will be a repeat of Sunday's game.

Not sure if there will be any further repeats of this game (apart from on More4 in a few months). I remember for Laura's game they had an additional repeat on Channel 4.

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:55 am    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Michael DeVere wrote:
DVDfever wrote:

The show on Sunday night/Monday morning at 1:20am will be a repeat of today's game. The Monday 9:00am game is a repeat of a Christmas game from last year and the 1:30pm showing on Monday will be a repeat of Sunday's game.

Not sure if there will be any further repeats of this game (apart from on More4 in a few months). I remember for Laura's game they had an additional repeat on Channel 4.

Cheers for the info, Mike. It'd be a shame if it didn't get an extra repeat on C4 as it was an amazing episode.

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:11 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

BankerSpanker wrote:
I wonder if Davina will mention today's show on Million Pound Drop tonight.

Oh yeah, another reason to be in the Hall of Fame is the highest 3-box offer ever. I've never seen an offer over £100k at 3-box!

agree, said the same to my bro, over my 5 years watching the show I've never seen the like of today, I don't think we'll ever see a game like that again, in order, it can barely be bettered anyway! How the HELL can a game go that well? I bet the banker thought much worse than his tweet, swearbox time, just proves if the game is played long enough ANYTHING is possible!! Actually thought the last offer was slightly low, thanks for the tips on 75k Kirsty you lot, couldn't remember where I'd seen a higher offer, thought he'd offer 170k upwards, I could watch it til doomsday and I might not see a game even equal that, just perfection, totally adorable girl, immense courage and self belief, I had a feeling it would be 100k when she swapped (the game had just gone TOO well for me) and I couldn't believe it when it was the 250k, true perfection, ultimate legend wonderful suzanne!!! :D :D

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:14 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

rico7 wrote:
I switched on the TV at 4.57 pm to Channel 4 by accident for a brief moment before switching over the Channel 4+1, but didn't see any confetti, Suzanne wasn't smiling, so when I watched the repeat not knowing the result I certainly didn't expect her to win the 250K!

It turned out to be ideal for a calculated gamble to go for the maximum even at 5 box and especially at 4 box. I thought the banker would show Suzanne the respect of offering the median of 175K at 2 box. He didn't and paid the price as a result! :lol:
They were a nice couple, and have a bright future ahead of them.

Many congratulations Suzanne! :D

Couldnt agree more, u HAVE to go for that board, no choice for me, he should have offered the highest ever, for a history making game, thought it was low 2 box offer, (not that he would have stopped her, but may as well break all records eh?) lol see my post below for my thoughts on the game!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:22 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
Thanks to cfd for doing the commentary today. :D Maybe he should do them every day seeing as it brought some good luck today. ;)

cfd wrote:
DanS wrote:
What a bad time for our admins to go missing eh? :-D

I do sort of feel guilty for stealing the commentary for this lol. Think I made a good job at least :)

What a day for us not to be around! I'm currently in Newcastle as part of some uni stuff and so was busy this afternoon, and kestral's got family commitments!!

I'd heard rumours (mainly from the banker on Twitter) that today's game would be special, so I made an effort to log on to my phone at about 4:45 and check what was going on. I was astounded to see the first ever in-play "dream finale", and I assumed Suzanne would win the £100,000. So I was shocked when she actually went and won the £250,000 - by a swap too!

Technically, that was the perfect game, and she made the use of just about every twist going - she got extra offers after 5-box (although would she have carried on from 5-box without the extra offers?!), got the dream finish, and used the swap to win her the £250,000.

This is the first £250,000 win I didn't know about; Laura's was spoiled in the press weeks in advance, and I was on the wings for Alice's. I've not watched the whole of Suzanne's game yet, but have seen the ending on 4OD on my laptop, and it was a bit weird seeing a jackpot win with them all in their cowboys and Indians outfits!

DVDfever wrote:
It was odd that there wasn't much, if any, confetti. What happened there? I'm sure there was loads on one video I saw online of another winner.

I don't think the confetti cannons fired properly for Laura, but they did for Alice... I wonder if they didn't work properly again for Suzanne. They hardly ever get used so is it a surprise they stick when they're actually used?! :P

Brick wrote:
Of course, with the holiday as well, Suzanne has won more than any other contestant...ever...

I thought that too...

Congratulations to Suzanne!

PS. I wonder how many people can say they found out about Suzanne's win whilst sitting on a bench on Newcastle Quayside. :-D

Of course, u WERE on the wings boss, and Newcastle Quayside is awesome, u really are a lucky git arent u?!?!? :-D :-D

Didnt know about it, not posted on the forum in a while, see my post below about the game, ultimate legend Suzanne!!!

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]