Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

DanS

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
cfd wrote:
DanS wrote:
What a bad time for our admins to go missing eh? :-D

I do sort of feel guilty for stealing the commentary for this lol. Think I made a good job at least :)

You just feel lucky you beat me to the punch. I woulda replied to the request thread had you not done so before me. ;)

Brick

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Of course, with the holiday as well, Suzanne has won more than any other contestant...ever...

DVDfever

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

rico7 wrote:
I switched on the TV at 4.57 pm to Channel 4 by accident for a brief moment before switching over the Channel 4+1, but didn't see any confetti, Suzanne wasn't smiling, so when I watched the repeat not knowing the result I certainly didn't expect her to win the 250K!

It turned out to be ideal for a calculated gamble to go for the maximum even at 5 box and especially at 4 box. I thought the banker would show Suzanne the respect of offering the median of 175K at 2 box. He didn't and paid the price as a result! :lol:
They were a nice couple, and have a bright future ahead of them.

It was odd that there wasn't much, if any, confetti. What happened there? I'm sure there was loads on one video I saw online of another winner.

And even if Suzanne had got down to 50k and 250k, she'd have been mad not to go for it. Even 50k is life-changing money.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Wow, amazing, fantastic, incredible, astonishing game - words seem inadequate when the game was that good! :D Shame the banker didn't make a decent attempt to buy the box until it was far too late and the utility of the board situation made it well worth going on for the majority with £35k guaranteed.

I think if I've worked it out right, you'd expect to see a 5-box like that about every 310 games - Daniel's was another (top 4 and £750), can't think of any more at the moment though...

Anyway, very rare to virtually cruise through the game without a major setback, and if there's one criticism it's that the banker didn't create more tricky decisions that would've heightened the tension further...

Still, an excellent game!
(and yes, I did know about it back in January, but still...

EDIT: Oh, incidentally it's 1 in 1463 i think to leave 4 of the power 5 at 4-box! :D (and we've seen that TWICE! :shock: )

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Fri May 13, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Box 22

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Just the most amazing game ever. Congratulations Suzanne! I'm speechless!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:14 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

All I will say is this...

That was just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*puts on that Fairground Attraction song*

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

By total luck I got to see this on C4 + 1 without going online first as I got home from work earlier than normal due to taking my car for a service! What a stroke of luck for me! :)

That was just mind-blowing. They're the sort of games you think you'll only ever see after someone's dealt 2 rounds earlier!

I can't believe how low the 8-box and 5-box offers were though, but something makes me think they were triggered by Wilf and Michael's deals (I bet Michael would have dealt the £30k at 5-box!!!). It was the third amazingly strong board in the week, and no way were the prodcution team going to allow an early deal this time and ruin another potentially brilliant ending! I'm sure the offers would have been more generous to allow her a decent get-out if the last blue stayed to the pointy end though. But once it had gone really there was little point in not opening the box, unless the banker offered the average.

But that swap didn't half add to the tension, thinking "Oh god she could have swapped away £150K", but that was just FANTASTIC.

Well done Suzanne!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DVDfever

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

The full 5-box finale - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hydFph4mYE - Hear the @OfficialBanker cry ;)

Edit: Bugger! It'll only work if you're outside the UK. I hate it when C4 do that ;(

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

JS Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:15 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Agree with James that the offers at 8 and 5 box were low. Going on was really a no brainer, in fact, I don't think she had to really make a "brave" decision, except perhaps the swap, but even then she was guaranteed 100k. Although really pleased for her, it is difficult to not think that this was another "engineered", big, feel good win to boost ratings.

bb67

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

YES YES YES!!!!!! :biggrin

Finally we have number three! Astonishing game, that has to be the best ever. It was just perfect! Nothing can top that, not by a long shot!

Well Done Suzanne!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:49 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I too was unable to see this live but 7 pages of thread suggested it was a biggie!
What I would say is that again, everyone was fearing the scrooge scenario, but imagine if the banker had actually looked in her box and saw the £100k. Would he have lied and said she had the £5 and put in a very low offer which would have driven her to a blue/red finish or pitched a slightly higher offer than his £30k and said she had the £35k.

Regardless it was a great show and makes dond worth watching. The next few games are going to seem very bland by comparison.

beaker

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Great game, well played Suzanne, totally unexpected and Michael that's the way to do it. Another young woman wins, shame she wasn't Welsh lol but at least she'd have gone through Wales to get Bristol from Ireland and it's only a few miles from the border!!

Really enjoyable particularly after the dreadful Michael and Wilf games from earlier in the week

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks to cfd for doing the commentary today. :D Maybe he should do them every day seeing as it brought some good luck today. ;)

cfd wrote:
DanS wrote:
What a bad time for our admins to go missing eh? :-D

I do sort of feel guilty for stealing the commentary for this lol. Think I made a good job at least :)

What a day for us not to be around! I'm currently in Newcastle as part of some uni stuff and so was busy this afternoon, and kestral's got family commitments!!

I'd heard rumours (mainly from the banker on Twitter) that today's game would be special, so I made an effort to log on to my phone at about 4:45 and check what was going on. I was astounded to see the first ever in-play "dream finale", and I assumed Suzanne would win the £100,000. So I was shocked when she actually went and won the £250,000 - by a swap too!

Technically, that was the perfect game, and she made the use of just about every twist going - she got extra offers after 5-box (although would she have carried on from 5-box without the extra offers?!), got the dream finish, and used the swap to win her the £250,000.

This is the first £250,000 win I didn't know about; Laura's was spoiled in the press weeks in advance, and I was on the wings for Alice's. I've not watched the whole of Suzanne's game yet, but have seen the ending on 4OD on my laptop, and it was a bit weird seeing a jackpot win with them all in their cowboys and Indians outfits!

DVDfever wrote:
It was odd that there wasn't much, if any, confetti. What happened there? I'm sure there was loads on one video I saw online of another winner.

I don't think the confetti cannons fired properly for Laura, but they did for Alice... I wonder if they didn't work properly again for Suzanne. They hardly ever get used so is it a surprise they stick when they're actually used?! :P

Brick wrote:
Of course, with the holiday as well, Suzanne has won more than any other contestant...ever...

I thought that too...

Congratulations to Suzanne!

PS. I wonder how many people can say they found out about Suzanne's win whilst sitting on a bench on Newcastle Quayside. :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

By the way, a little competition/quiz type thing...

Q: When will someone (potentially killersbee / Mad Mark / Mark) next complain about "the lack of big wins recently"?

I'm going to give it 7 days. Maximum.

travis P

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:22 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
I don't think the confetti cannons fired properly for Laura, but they did for Alice... I wonder if they didn't work properly again for Suzanne. They hardly ever get used so is it a surprise they stick when they're actually used?! :P

Can I ask, did they use actual confetti cannons for Alice's win? I was there in October, before Suzanne was even on the wings and Mark Olver mentioned they actually use grenades with confetti inside, these were hanging above the pound table in the studio rigging. They did look quite small, so I gather when they exploded today either not all of them were fired or each grenade didn't have much confetti inside.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

travis P wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Can I ask, did they use actual confetti cannons for Alice's win? I was there in October, before Suzanne was even on the wings and Mark Olver mentioned they actually use grenades with confetti inside, these were hanging above the pound table in the studio rigging. They did look quite small, so I gather when they exploded today either not all of them were fired or each grenade didn't have much confetti inside.

I don't know what the confetti came out of exactly. What I do know is that it scared the *beep* out of me when it went "BANG" and there was smoke lingering around. And it stank!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:

Q: When will someone (potentially killersbee / Mad Mark / Mark) next complain about "the lack of big wins recently"?

Oddly on a similar note, Noel really was Mr Stats today firing off all manner of 1sts for dond, which wasn't really a surprise given the unique ending to the game.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:

Don't expect it from me, my friend. I've got better things to do.

However, I'll improve upon your bet: I'll bet $10 Canadian that the complaints will start in two weeks' time, and they they'll originate from the other Mark and KB. In fact, they'll most likely come from KB, as he's a regular, and a massive complainer. I'm through with complaining, thanks. I know how much you lot "enjoy" it.

And now, back to obscurity. I've overstayed my welcome as it is.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

Would I be right in thinking that this result had been spoiled online somehow?
Boy am I actually glad I no longer watch the show as I fear I might have heard rumblings somewhere about the result.

I can't abide spoilers. Fair enough some people like to know in advance (why?!) but for the love of....put a sock in it. Dvdfever has a good point, I might have to boot someone off the site if they persisted in it.

But not that I'm implying anyone does that here, some other forums? Nightmare.

The first big Deal win was ruined by a daily mirror article, the second by a failed recording, but this? Out of the blue and so so good for it :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Suzanne - Banker's Birthday Specials

I think instead of KB moaning about the next big win, he should now predict the date the £250,000 will be won next, given he was only DAYS out from his spooky prediction for this one!! :D

Still, that was simply incredible. Everything from her determination, the smoothest game ever played, literally one setback which can't even be considered one really as the offer still increased...and then the extras won as well...just phenominal!

The 8- and 5-box offers were shoddy yes...8-box I was expecting to but £30,000 knowing full well it wouldn't be taken anyway given the extra offers...it simply felt like a rite in passage. Then to take the smallest amount out every time...wow! £75,000 would have been a No Deal for me, £110,000 a far harder decision to make but still would have turned it down), and then £165,000 at the end with £100,000 of that guaranteed would have seen me go for it.

But alas, I wouldn't have swapped! :lol: But come on, what a game! The music at the end was just fitting as well while Noel was summing the game up.

Massive congrats to Suzanne - definitely well played!

And yes, what a debut commentary! :D

Quick note to the admins - I'll be returning home on Tuesday (the 17th) so after that it will be far easier for me to step in in future! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]