Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - Proveout round

4 - £35,000 Stacey

5 - 1p Dean

12 - £75,000 Sam

Banker time with 50p and £1 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

He got spanked on his birthday says Noel. :D

Banker's offer would've been:

70p

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

Noel opens Kerry's box 18 and reveals 50p

kestral

Box 6 contains the £1

Kerry says she has had an amazing time, and is now just going to waste the £9,000!

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

Well, I was certainly wrong about that one...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials
Global Moderator

GET IN!!! ;)

A spanking at last! Not the most spectacular, but one we definitely needed! Well done Kerry.

I hope this is the start of a good period of Deal. ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

So it's a much-needed OPW...

A good day for it to happen, too. ;)

Meanwhile, I stand by what I said about the cowboys being much more likely to be chosen than the Indians - even though Kerry's choice of the latter was understandable. ;)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

What would the 4 & 3-box offers be if she did get the one box at a time?

Fan of classic rock and metal

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:30 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

BTW, was this forum wobbling during the latter stages of the game?

It's just that, in that time, one or two posts came up as being duplicated when in reality they weren't - and also, when I went to delete a comment of mine, it didn't happen quickly...

And Kes, I do believe that that £9k offer, and Kerry dealing it, were originally in separate posts... ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yes, the forum seemed to hang for a while in the third part of the game. :?

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

interesting start! I often watch on 40d and regularly fast forward to 8mins as they are just wrapping up the sob stories and other fluff. By 8 mins in she had already opened the first five, which generally means more minutes of consideration around 5 box. :lol:

In the next phone call we heard the banker muttering "quite right!" via noels microphone.

2 grand has got to be one of the worst offers at 8 box with two of the power 5 in play, but what a difference an all blue round made. I was predicting an offer of at least £15k so was a little surprised at the 9k which she dealt at. Still, as it turned out she was vindicated.

She and her hubbie put a lot of emphasis on the risk of the banker looking in her box. Again, I don't think this outcome would be absolutely bad news, because all of a sudden someone would know what was in that box other than the IA. A derisery low offer would indicate she would have to swap at the end to get the 35k or 75k(assuming he saw a blue) and a higher offer would suggest she *did* have either of those. In both situations she would still be playing with some element of luck to avoid the big two. Again with hindsight it would have been loss in this case.

I really would like to see this 'scrooge' twist play out with such a widely varied board and I hope at some point in the future a player suggests this scenario in order to get some additional benefit or bartering with the banker.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

I can't believe he said he would've offered £6,000. That would've been a rubbish offer.

Fan of classic rock and metal

DVDfever

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:14 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

I didn't get to watch this episode live, but I was pretty underwhelmed with this episode. Maybe it was because I didn't care anything for Kerry, but there just seemed to be no sparkle with this episode - quite odd given that it was meant to be his birthday.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

Not the most sparkling of games but a Birthday Spanking for the Banker certainly lifted my spirits after a frustrating week.
For a while it looked like Kerry's game might follow Abbie's the way she was taking out reds, and that 5 box board was heavily polarised. Can't say i blame her for taking the £9k under those circumstances especially with a 60% chance she had shrapnel in her box.

And I wonder if i'm the only one looking forward to Monday and a chance to see what Sam & Emma really look like :D

Brick

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

£9,000 can be a real mind game of an offer - it can get people playing on with a precarious board to chase the possibility of the next offer being five figures.

Today, £9k wasn't a great deal for that board but it was an understandable one - with the 3 blues being so small, you'd need to keep the £75k to 2-box for the offer to be significantly better (and I couldn't see £35k/low blue having an improved offer).

For the person asking about 4 and 3-box offers, I think the offer would've gone down at 4-box because of the £35k going, while 50p/£1/£75k may have produced a better offer at 3-box, although I can't see it being much more than £9k.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

Interesting tactics not to take the 1-box at a time route but if you're scared of the banker playing mind games, I don't see a reason to take regular gameplay (especially with the board as precarious as it was).

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials
International Forums Moderator

I would make the same decision for the exact opposite reason - not that I wouldn't want to play under the Omniknowing Banker condition, but simply that I doubt I would rate my chances of nailing the tin-can alley game at more than 1/3 anyway given my coordination. (Granted I haven't seen it in action but from the description I would not fancy it.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:03 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

I'd take the smoke thing 100%. I'm useless at throwing things. Throwing something into a bin? Can't do it. Placing something into a bin... I still miss 50% of the time. Luck all the way for me!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/05 Kerry - Banker's Birthday Specials

I thought the hole they have to throw the cans into looked tiny considering how far away they have to stand!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]