Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:06 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:06 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

dougal18

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:23 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
Dealing in that situation for £24k with just one to open? Congratulations for making Wilf's capitulation look like a valid decision.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:47 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

The curse of the newbie lives on! I think I'll just add to the numerous comments already that I was also astounded that he dealt at 5 box with such a strong board with the only 'risk' being to go home with £10k. I think almost all players would dream of such a final finish other than having the £250k in live play. In the chat to the wings, Toby says its such a risky round? wth lol. wait till he gets to the pound table and we'll see just how much he low deals at.

It was almost incredulous therefore in the proveout that everyone including him was all smiles and laughs when it was revealed £50k was his 'act of god' by picking the the wrong box at the start of the game.

I think even all of you who always play on the side of contestant wouldn't help but let me feel a little bit of schadenfreude at such a - in the words said by others here - 'cowardly' exit from someone who had just a touch of cockiness.

beaker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Only one word to sum him up for me - Pratt

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:25 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

I still can't make my mind up if the £24k offer was the production team trying to force a big finish, particularly as nothing really terrible could happen with £10k the lowest value left in the game, or the banker playing the game properly, trying to buy the box as cheaply as possible, having detected a weakness (which I admit I never saw before hand in Michael) and knew he could get him out for a rubbish offer!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:56 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

What to say about this game? Bizarre, frankly - 35K might have been acceptable as a deal there but WTF?

Almost might as well have done a Richard and sped things up if he was just a hardened targetist.

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]