Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:37 pm Last visit was: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

wkd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
Glad it was 50k. Deal was ridiculous.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

He was close to being nominated for game of the month...until he dealt...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

WHAT?! Deal at £24k on an ALL RED 5-box with a guaranteed £10k? :smt075

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

So he had the worst-case scenario from 3-box to 2-box (by taking out the £100k, leaving £10k vs £50k) and yet the offer would've only dropped by £4,000!

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

It's actually unbelievable. Why on earth did he ND 13,500?

To go from a no deal there, wipe out all pocket money prizes and then deal 24k doesn't make a lot of sense.

I suppose his remark about not being able to take any more is somewhat insightful to the pressure some players suffer from during this high stakes gambling.

cfd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
So he had the worst-case scenario from 3-box to 2-box (by taking out the £100k, leaving £10k vs £50k) and yet the offer would've only dropped by £4,000!

Exactly! The banker needs to offer between £40k-£45k there to be an offer worth considering.

At least we can't say they're lying about the proveouts...

Profile E-mail  

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Well, this game was better than Wilf's and Abbey's... but it was still a pretty unsatisfying one.

To have £10k guaranteed, and everything going for you... and then you decide, "I can't take any more" and take an offer that's less than half the average?!

That gifts the Banker an OBW, and makes it 3-0 to him going into his big day... :?

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

I think I said the other day i'd never criticise someone for no dealing £20,000 as it's a lot of money. I have to say though that that's assuming there's a risk of total collapse. There wasn't here! The biggest risk was dropping to a £14k offer at 2-box. There was so much potential upside to carrying on and so little downside that that has to go down as one of the most absurd deals I've seen.

Profile E-mail  

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

I think you can make a case for saying that was a worse deal than Wilf's because there was still a chance that he would've gone away with a low blue. The absolute worst outcome for Michael was that he'd win 10K.

It's just hard to understand what Michael's thinking was there. There was just no way 24K was an offer worth thinking long and hard about, let alone an offer worth saying "Deal" to!

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:15 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials
Global Moderator

Well, that was certainly a good game. The deal was a bit debatable, but, with less than 5 minutes left, very predictable!

Still, best game of the themed week so far! Surprised Noel didn't mention he would be in Indian garb tomorrow.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

Kanga

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Exciting and tense game. Once he had taken out all the blues I thought he would go all the way. From the proveout I can't really say the deal was wrong when all the other offers were between £20K and £30K.

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Am now watching this on +1 as I'm not entirely convinced this thread isn't a wind up!

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Wow, exciting game for the most part - certainly been an interesting week so far! Shame he lost his nerve on a board it was virtually impossible to destroy in a single box, and as people say even the worst scenario would've still seen an offer in the mid-teens. No offence to Toby, but I didn't think his advice was particularly helpful at the time. Still, £24k is not a bad result of course, but the banker deserved a victory today. Look out for Deal-Eye later...

Profile E-mail  

DVDfever

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

I've just caught up with the episode and, while I thought he was a prat for no-dealing 20k earlier, since the next offer dropped, I then thought he was an even bigger prat for dealing at 24k with such a strong board!

With boxes of 50k, 75k and 100k out there, and only going one box at a time, plus having 10k minimum, the odds were in his favour all the way!

Still, I got some nice quotes for a future mash-up vid, and thanks to David for the heads-up with a couple of these:
Noel: "But we certainly got involved with the cowboy's *mouth*"
Noel: "Have you seen those whoppers? The really big ones, they're fantastic. I mean they are huge, and they live forever."
Noel: "We've got a biiiig, big knob that we can turn."
Noel: "Prove... you've got a grip on it."
Noel: "Give him a good one."
Michael: "Well, I believe in you, thinking it was big, and I really did think that it was really big." :-D

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

I saw the game thread was 5 pages after coming in from work. I thought the days of overcautious deals leading to Wakeyist arguments leading to long game threads were long gone so thought it must be good.

And sure enough one of the best 5-boxes ever. When he said deal I actually thought he didn't mean to say it and it took a while to comprehend he'd actually dealt an offer short of half the third-highest box with £10k guaranteed. I thought "is he having me on?" I'd have fully been in agreement if there had even been so much as ONE tiny amount left though.

All I'll say from there is this game to dealing what Player 14 was to no-dealing, and also in future when talking about "Crap-deal Michael", people might mean this one instead of the one who dealt £1k with £100k and 7 blues on the board. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:23 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Interesting that both Michael and Wilf were tipped as possible quarter millionaires on another thread and both have dealt at very odd times/offers.

Profile E-mail  

cfd

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

Having watched it I thought Noel seemed quite shocked at the deal but recovered very quickly.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials
Administrator & Global Moderator

cfd wrote:
Having watched it I thought Noel seemed quite shocked at the deal but recovered very quickly.

I suspect he'd have had more to say about it if everything hadn't been overshadowed by the fact it's a themed week!

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:

The only reason for that is that the 4-box and 3-box offers were as ungenerous as the 5-box one. It seems they had a prime opportunity to pull a guilt-trip but didn't. In fact, if it hadn't been a twist-filled game, I'd have been astounded the BG wasn't offered at 2-box anyway (given the offer was only just above what he dealt).

That really was a poor deal, it would have been even if he'd had 3 boxes to open.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/05 Michael - Banker's Birthday Specials

For the second time this week we get a player with an incredibly strong board dealing when you would least expect it - unlike Wilf though Michael didn't have the ultimate satisfaction of knowing he sold his box for a profit.

On paper certainly that was a very poor deal, an all red 5 box with a minimum £10,000 guaranteed and the chance to proceed one box at a time - it feels like a no brainer. The strange thing is he'd been quite cocky early in the game, talking about When i get to 5 box not if...had he been more openly nervous I might have expected it

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]