Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cfd

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

Warnings: 0
cfd wrote:
I'm watching this one. The special effects don't seem to be as OTT as usual and it seems quite well done.

I have a feeling it's going to go the same way as it usually does for the hot girls :(

She knew it. And I knew it too :)

At least she gets the holiday from it.

It wasn't an unavoidable train wreck. I think the £6k at 5-box was quite generous and was the point to get out with something. I wouldn't say it was a bad gamble though.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

Credit to Abbey for taking that so well. I think the presence of her other half in the audience helped to remind her that she was rich in other ways.

Under normal gameplay that £6k at 5-box would definitely have been worth dealing (as normally you'd be lucky to get into 5 figures on a £35k/low blue finish), but with 1 to open I think I would have taken that chance too.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

cfd wrote:
It wasn't an unavoidable train wreck. I think the £6k at 5-box was quite generous and was the point to get out with something. I wouldn't say it was a bad gamble though.

Very well said and after immediately finding the £35k, what did she say? "its ok!" :biggrin That was just waiting to happen. Ok, she didn't get on the barge but for all of 9p she might has well been.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials
Global Moderator

Aw, what a shame. At least she has the holiday as compensation.

So, she is the 16th member of the 10p club (I've added them all up; I can type out the list if you want).

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better! ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:41 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

hogwild94 wrote:
Aw, what a shame. At least she has the holiday as compensation.

Is that the dirty weekend in clacton on sea? :oops:

hogwild94 wrote:
So, she is the 16th member of the 10p club (I've added them all up; I can type out the list if you want).

yes please. perhaps they get the hand-me-downs from the 1p club. So if the 10p club is in the caravan, will they get in the barge when the 1p club moves to a larger ship.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials
Global Moderator

norwichdonder wrote:
yes please. perhaps they get the hand-me-downs from the 1p club. So if the 10p club is in the caravan, will they get in the barge when the 1p club moves to a larger ship.

OK, here's the list (by season):
S1: Raj, Joan
S2: Steve
S3: Pete, Lee, Jay, Simmo
S4: Sandie
S5: Tristan, Emily, Emma, Dave, Sonia, Mini
S6: Paul G., Abbey

If I've missed any out, just pull me up! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

DVDfever

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

That was such bad luck for Abbey, and with 15k and 35k still in play at 5-box, she was indeed right to no-deal 6k, as the odds were in her favour. She's damn good looking too!

All the best looking women are taken... :oops:

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:02 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

Well, for everyone except the birthday boy, this special week has got off to a pretty rotten start, hasn't it? :( :(

First a Richard-esque deal, and now a virtually unavoidable trainwreck... :( :(

And I see now why they wait till the end of the game to reveal the holiday destination - it's to force a feel-good ending if things go wrong... :roll: :roll: :roll: ;)

The 5-box twist, meanwhile, hasn't changed for the better IMHO - the cowboys immediately bring to mind the snowball thing in Franny's game on Boxing Day '09, and it's pretty clear that they're far more likely to be chosen than the Indians...

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
The banker says he can't make big offers as the £250k is very exposed.

Banker's offer:

£4,000

Do I smell pants burning there? ;) ;)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

No surprise that the offers were going to be low at 11-box and 8-box but with the board Abbey had, she wasn't going to deal generous ones anyway.

I actually think the western music and sepia filming sequences have been well done - was half expecting Cube-like rotating cameras for the can throwing though (although that might have stretched DOND's budget).

In a way, a 5-box with 2 big numbers and peanuts is actually tougher to play than a 1-box game as there's more chance of taking out an amount that reduces the average.

KP

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials
International Forums Moderator

Ah, yes, Franny's "game". Complete with one of the worst guilt trips ever. Funny how The Cube never makes you play after you walk away, isn't it? ;)

I think we know what twist James1978 would choose - and I would, too, because of my coordination difficulties.

Anyway, the £6k was the game's only decision, arguable either way, it went the wrong way. Would have done the same myself I must admit.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

A pretty unlucky game all round, though the holiday was nice compensation.

I don't know if it was because she wasn't wearing her glasses or her incessent chattering but Abbie reminded me a lot of fellow Essex girl and ITV1 favourite Stacey Soloman. A lovely positive minded girl, she took the bad luck well.

Nice to see the twist in play at last. Not sure which way I would have gone myself, the game of luck is safer because there's no downside but you only get one shot at it, with the skill game you have three chances which is surely better odds

The directions really good for these specials, the sepia, the widescreen, someone's been brushing up on their spaghetti westerns. Oh and the whipcrack effect that accompanies the offers, very nice touch.

I assume the costumes are meant to evoke a children's party rather than an actual movie western, and my one bug is the handwritten - and deliberately mis-spelled name badges, I really don't like those

And has anyone else noticed the Wanted Posters? :lol:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
And has anyone else noticed the Wanted Posters? :lol:

I thought I had spotted Laura on one, wanted for robbery. :lol:

I also like the design and effects they've added. I really like the look of the new boxes they're using.

Didn't realise that Sunday's show was also a special, I thought it was just a normal show.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

It looks like they're just reusing the boxes they used for last year's summer specials with added BEANS signs on the sides. They otherwise look identical to the ones from last year.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 10/05 Abbey - Banker's Birthday Specials

Another interesting twist would have been if hypothetically she had lost the challenge and the banker looked in her box and saw the 10p, knowing the only way she could have won the £35k or £15k would have been a final box swap. I'd like to see one of these playouts this week to see how it changes the live play. Iirc, we only had one of the 'Scrooges' at Christmas and it wasn't that great.

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]