Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:28 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Er, wow! That was very cautious. Would have been amazing if he'd got it right!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

beaker

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:47 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

h2005 wrote:
granitecitybino wrote:
Anyone remember Richard from about 3 years ago ? This is a worse deal than he did...he took £22k with the top 6 still in play.

I just checked and Richard had the top 6, with £5k, £3k, £100, £1 and 10p, when he dealt £22k. Wilf has the top 6 with £15k, £1k, £100, 10p and 1p, and he just dealt £20k.

So Wilf's board was slightly stronger and he received a slightly worse offer than Richard - both in monetary and generosity terms.

Is Noel right that Wilf's board is currently the strongest there has ever been (as of 9-box)?

I recall a woman with 1 blue and reds from 10k downwards, think that was stronger think her name was Brenda, season 1 or 2.

He got away with it to some extent but for me it was a poor deal

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

I'm actually secretly pleased he resisted the pressure to go on till 5-box in the special week, is that a terrible thing to say? He could have ended up with 1p if the banker had seen in the box for instance (if the twist allowed that, we won't know till tomorrow!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials
International Forums Moderator

So am I, but he should have gone to eight-box if nothing else! That would have been an OPW too without the twist!!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

The worst deal I've seen in about 2 years of watching. Need I go on?

DVDfever

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

RMF1254 wrote:
Only four things I will say about this game:

(1) Big, big surprise that Wilf played - it was just his 18th show, and I thought he'd be the perfect contestant for Thursday (well, until 4:38).

I wonder how random that selection is? It's like they got him out of the way so he didn't overshadow the rest of the Wild West week.

BTW, @Officialbanker said in a tweet that next year's birthday theme will be Doctors and Nurses :smt023

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

travis P

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:02 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

DVDfever wrote:
I wonder how random that selection is? It's like they got him out of the way so he didn't overshadow the rest of the Wild West week.

BTW, @Officialbanker said in a tweet that next year's birthday theme will be Doctors and Nurses :smt023

The contestant selection is never random. They confirmed when the show was fresh (2005/2006), that the producers (Glenn & Richard) select which three or four contestants to play on that day and give Noel the info cards so he is clued up on who is playing. The name selection on the screen is for the TV/studio audience.

As for The Banker and next years. He is probably joking.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

Wow - Richard's game sprang to mind as soon as he said deal but the fact that this thread is only 3 pages long having just watched it made me think that he'd probably get away with the deal.

It would have been fascinating to know what the twist would have done to the game but we'll never know.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:58 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

Well that game was full of surprises.

It was almost inevitable Wilf was going to play this week given the theme but i didn't expect him to be the first player of the week.

And that Deal was totally unexpected (bet the producers were pleased after going to all that trouble to create another theme week, especially one for which he was ideally suited :-D ) and yes it was definately premature. Even ignoring the added incentive of the 5 box twist that board had at least one more round in it

But ultimatelyWilf did do the right thing (albeit at the wrong time) and i wonder how many players would have been so seduced by that board they would have played to the end and gone away with £1,000 - or less. That would surely have been a worse thing to witness, wouldn't it?

cfd

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

Meh. I don't think dealing twenty thousand pounds is ever a wrong decision. Realistically when you go on the show that's the best you can reasonably hope for. In the circumstances was it cautious? Perhaps. But it's £20,000 at the end of the day...

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

One other thing was for certain, with a very similar 5-box to the one Debs had, it's a good job that the banker didn't make the proveout offer £63,000 again (although Wilf was a different type of player to Debs)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:23 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

I wonder what would've happened if he was left with £250k & 1p. Would it be £88k again?

Fan of classic rock and metal

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

BankerSpanker wrote:
I wonder what would've happened if he was left with £250k & 1p. Would it be £88k again?

I was actually thinking Banker's Gamble!

Also I admit I found it funny that one of the most cautious deals ever had Box 4 left to the end containing the 1p. :laughing

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Wilf - Banker's Birthday Specials

James1978 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

I was actually thinking Banker's Gamble!

Also I admit I found it funny that one of the most cautious deals ever had Box 4 left to the end containing the 1p. :laughing

Oh yeah, that's true. Wilf's deal was not far off what Alice dealt at.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]