Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

Warnings: 0
AAAAAARGH!!! :evil: :evil:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
Global Moderator

Proveout Round 6

Box 4 with Toby - £50

Box 22 with Lucy - £5,000

Box 5 with Matt - £1,000 :shock:

Banker time.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Sun May 08, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:23 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
Global Moderator

The Banker says Sue has the same final two as Laura!

Offer would have been:

£45,000

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
Global Moderator

Noel reveals £3,000 in Sue's box 21. :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

Phew!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

But from an over-inflated prove-out offer to an under-inflated one... I seriously doubt he would have tried the same trick he unsuccessfully tried on Laura... :roll: :roll:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
Global Moderator

Box 17 with Elaine has £250,000.

Sue says it was exciting! The Banker says Stacey has come back to watch the end of the game!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Sun May 08, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:26 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
Global Moderator

Phew! That was hard work, but good fun! Hope I did OK for you guys! :smt023

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:26 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

A cautious deal and this happens...another week ends and my prediction date is 9 days away!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

£45,000?! :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

If people thought Al should have been dealing £12k at 8-box in his game, then Sue's board was almost the same and she got offered over £5k more, I pretty much thought she had to take it. I would have much quicker than Sue did!

I honestly thought she had the £250k though - I think Box 21 is the only one that's never had it at the table originally so thought it would complete the set (though Psychic Sarah did swap for it).

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DVDfever

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:36 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

hogwild94 wrote:
Box 17 with Elaine has £250,000.

Sue says she's it was exciting! The Banker says Stacey has come back to watch the end of the game!

That was bizarre about sending Stacey out, because of their bizarre way of linking when they film it with when it's actually broadcast, claiming her pet hadn't been fed for days. She's too cute to send outside ;)

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

Oh and also, why did the third break come at 11-box? I thought it was 8-box when it came, so I thought £7,500 with £250k and £35k still there at 8-box was lousy until I realised where the game was really at! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

hogwild94 wrote:
Phew! That was hard work, but good fun! Hope I did OK for you guys! :smt023

You did a great job Jack! :smt023 :smt023

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

James1978 wrote:
If people thought Al should have been dealing £12k at 8-box in his game, then Sue's board was almost the same and she got offered over £5k more, I pretty much thought she had to take it. I would have much quicker than Sue did!

I honestly thought she had the £250k though - I think Box 21 is the only one that's never had it at the table originally so thought it would complete the set (though Psychic Sarah did swap for it).

Yep, box 21 has never brought it to the table originally - only once via a swap. Of course, that has no bearing on what it's contents were today.

Personally, I thought the £17,500 was pretty close to being a cast iron deal, and one I'd have taken.

The £45,000 I could understand personally, there is no rate card, the Banker may have thought he didn't need to offer more than 45k to Sue as he thought she'd accept that (and I think she would have dealt it). No point in offering more than necessary.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

Interesting use of a non-guilt making 2-box offer today. If she'd turned down £26k at 5-box, it would have been far more than £45k at 2-box.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue
International Forums Moderator

The Banker just played around for thematic reasons - any other box left with £250k (although that was of course impossible as the £3k was on the table) and I'd reckon on something approaching six figures... even if it was the blue.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

An odd but enjoyable show, the bit about Stacey's tortoise was positively surreal -especially when the remember the show was recorded in December/January when it would have been hibernating, and where's she from anyway? If she's not local that was a hell of a distance to travel in under an hour :-D

Think Sue clearly did the right thing for her, and if the object of the game is to sell your box for more than it's face value then she definately did the wrong thing, just a shame she didn't hit the big one in proveout.

Poveout offers seemed reasonable and believable to me £26k is only £8,500 more than she dealt so not really a big enough leap to be considered inflated IMO - even with the loss of the £35k - and the final offer, while low enough to egg a lot of people on would probably have been enough for Sue, especially given the circumstances for which she wanted the money. (I know she said the operation would only cost £3k but i assume the Banker was relying on her wanting to do a couple of other things as well)

Brick

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:01 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 08/05 Sue

Seems they were trying to get into the spirit of the time of year it's *supposed* to be in the Dream Factory, and sending Stacey out was an attempt to offset Michael's comment about hibernation.

Sue was a fun contestant and the deal she took was definitely right for her. I got the impression that if she'd gone on and found it in the following round, she'd have shown a lot more regret for turning down that £17,500 than she did for what actually happened.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]