Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AVIE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:39 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well, I would have gone for £20K and I was amazed that her mum picked number nine saying, 'I've been drawn to it for long enough' (or words to that effect) for me, that would have meant it was a high red, and I wouldn't have gone for it, though I suppose its all a matter of interpretation eh?

What nationality is her mum? Anyone know? Becca has an Italian, or possibly Maltese look about her.

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

muttleee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:30 pm    Author: muttleee    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
No, its just like having the £250,000 on the table twice in a row. Its highly unlikely that out of all the values it could be, £250,000 is in there. Especially if youve had it the show before. And it was proved codswallop, when he only had £35,000.

Its a 1/22 chance. So the chance of him having the £250,000 in his box are 1/22 but since he had it yesturday, the odds are greater. The chance of him having a red are 11/22. Yes, Scott did it, but its unlikely something like that would happen again.

So the odds are indeed against him having the £250,000 again. By quite a lot.

Whether he had it yesterday or not doesn't make a blind bit of difference. There was a 1 in 22 chance that he would have it today. There was a 1 in 22 chance that he would have *any given number* you care to think of today, whether it be 1p or £250,000. The odds are no more against having the £250,000 than they are against having the 1p.

The odds that you will have the same amount in your box today as you had yesterday are 22 to 1, so in theory you would expect that on average one person in every show has the same amount 2 days running.

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:22 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

I shall hear no bad words against my fellow Brightonian - not that I need to defend her as I thought she was fab. :-D

Great fun on screen and probably great fun off it too!

Unlucky the way the boxes conspired against her in the end - she deserved much more.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:28 am    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

muttleee wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
No, its just like having the £250,000 on the table twice in a row. Its highly unlikely that out of all the values it could be, £250,000 is in there. Especially if youve had it the show before. And it was proved codswallop, when he only had £35,000.

Its a 1/22 chance. So the chance of him having the £250,000 in his box are 1/22 but since he had it yesturday, the odds are greater. The chance of him having a red are 11/22. Yes, Scott did it, but its unlikely something like that would happen again.

So the odds are indeed against him having the £250,000 again. By quite a lot.

Whether he had it yesterday or not doesn't make a blind bit of difference. There was a 1 in 22 chance that he would have it today. There was a 1 in 22 chance that he would have *any given number* you care to think of today, whether it be 1p or £250,000. The odds are no more against having the £250,000 than they are against having the 1p.

The odds that you will have the same amount in your box today as you had yesterday are 22 to 1, so in theory you would expect that on average one person in every show has the same amount 2 days running.

This is all moot anyway as Richard didn't have the 250k yesterday, nor has he had it yet at all.

del-dond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:03 am    Author: del-dond    Post subject:

Shame to see Becca only go away with £1000, but at least she took the swap and avoided the 50p.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:36 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Thought Becca brought some real class to her game yesterday, and I'm sure she will have a very successful future. Glad she didn't go home with 50p that would have been too cruel having played the game with so much courage!

Ian W

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:03 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

i would have took 20k also!

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:57 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Great swap but I would've taken the 20k

It looked such a strong board too at first.

But well done anyways

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:06 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

How unfortunate. :( Still a £1,000 is better than a kick up the backside!

woodchat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:07 pm    Author: woodchat    Post subject:

Pity that Becca only went away with a grand. I have been willing her to do well for ages. Sure, she looks gorgeous but she really came across as a genuine and lovely girl.

If you read this, Becca, good luck for all you do in the future. I will still keep watching DOND but it won't be the same without you. :(

xx

dimo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Author: dimo    Post subject:

i recall her saying she was single & desperate..
..so when you read this becca, leave your name and your no.

dimo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Author: dimo    Post subject:

no wait, just your no...

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:06 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

OK, don't get me wrong. I really, really liked Becca, and wanted her to do really well. But..

WE WERE SO CLOSE TO A 50P WINNER!!! Why did she have to swap?? Why? Ch.

Still, I suppose I'm glad she got some decent money at the end of it. I suppose...

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]