Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Warnings: 0
It's a spanking, KB; she took the max out of the game! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Well thats a lesson for anyone else who has pictures of phone boxes or even picture of barges. Think Natalie paid too much respect to the first offer then showed her lack of maths skills when she made the point that £6000 was halfway. I think most people would have understood she meant visually there.

If Natalie had pointed out that the phonebox could only now hold the 250k winners now rather than the penny winners, perhaps the banker would have been more generous in his offers. Still its a win and a baker spanking to boot.

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:02 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Well that had a feel good factor at the end but I don't like the way the banker is pushing people on with low offers :unsure

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

I have been trying to check her father's maths. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The chance of having 1p in your box is 1 in 22.
The chance of then having the same number box the next day and it also having 1p in it is 1 in 22x22x22 or 1 in 10,648 which isn't hugely different from her father's guess of 3,000.

Of course the banker was right that at that point in time with box 20 on the table the odds of it containing 1p were 1 in 8 (although you would never have believed it from the way he went on about the phone box :smt019 )

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Yeah I think it's of the moment, at the time of the statement, the odds of having 1p WERE 1 in 8...not the odds of having 1p in box 20 specifically :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Well, that £6,000 offer surprised me. I know the Banker said he would be generous but I wasn't expecting it to be that high! The FD was just under £4k and the offer was just about 80% of the average.

Fan of classic rock and metal

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:31 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

KP wrote:
I definitely remember it happening once before, if not more. No idea when, though. Al? StatsMan? :)

3-9-2007 -- Game 531 (round 4) -- James
22-7-2009 -- Game 1096 (round 2) -- Irene
23-11-2009 -- Game 1177 (round 3) -- Craig
25-5-2010 -- Game 1334 (round 5) -- Gem
4-1-2011 -- Game 1503 (round 4) -- Haroon

That's got to be one of the most esoteric searches I've ever done on my spreadsheet.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Makes me ALMOST proud of my estimate...Gem was the last one I could remember, forgot about Haroon!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Wow!

Looked like it was going to end up being yet another disappointingly sticky game when the £250k went - but then Natalie sort of turned it round, and pulled off an OPW! :D

Nowhere near as epic as Paul's, mind - but still good nonetheless...

KP wrote:
A frustrating game, but brilliant editing oddly enough, hinting at enough time on the clock for the £250k to be on.

...Except that there were less than 10 minutes left when she was offered £6k the second time... ;) ;) ;)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:00 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

kestral wrote:
The Banker asks Natalie what box and amount she had yesterday, and it was the 1p in box 20! The same box as she has today.

Banker's offer:

£6,000

Has the Banker been listening to Mark by any chance? :-D How considerate of him to remind Natalie of what she had in her box yesterday.

I actually had the same thought as PaulyC when the Banker started going on about the 1p club and the phonebox, that the £250,000 club could probably fit in that same phone box now -(Then 1 found myself imaging Laura, Alice and Natalie all snuggled up in a phone box together and got a bit distrated :oops: ).

Not a bit money game but an undisputable banker spanking and for me the most exciting game of the week, as a rule the Banker prefers to flirt with the pretty ladies (unless they're Welsh) so seeing him play cruel mind games on the lovely Natalie was a real surprise, some real mixed luck with the boxes too, i did worry for a long time that she really was going to go home with the penny

paulyc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:36 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Natalie

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
kestral wrote:
The Banker asks Natalie what box and amount she had yesterday, and it was the 1p in box 20! The same box as she has today.

Banker's offer:

£6,000

Has the Banker been listening to Mark by any chance? :-D How considerate of him to remind Natalie of what she had in her box yesterday.

I actually had the same thought as PaulyC when the Banker started going on about the 1p club and the phonebox, that the £250,000 club could probably fit in that same phone box now -(Then 1 found myself imaging Laura, Alice and Natalie all snuggled up in a phone box together and got a bit distrated :oops: ).

Not a bit money game but an undisputable banker spanking and for me the most exciting game of the week, as a rule the Banker prefers to flirt with the pretty ladies (unless they're Welsh) so seeing him play cruel mind games on the lovely Natalie was a real surprise, some real mixed luck with the boxes too, i did worry for a long time that she really was going to go home with the penny

Well no complaints from me if Natalie had been added to that particular phonebox mix! :biggrin

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]