Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:32 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6

5 - £5 Andrea

6 - £1 Natalie

Becky asks her friend to join her at the pound table.

20 - £20,000 Sophie

Banker time with £500 and £15,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Noel says that Becky's friends 3 lucky numbers could have all had the reds. The Banker says he might not offer the swap today.

Banker's offer:

£3,500

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Becky goes to the wings, and Bev says that Becky told her she wanted to go home with £15,000 and that is still on the board. Becky says she can't afford to turn down the offer, but how would she feel if she had the £15,000 in her box. The Banker calls and says he will throw something into the mix and will offer Becky the swap. He says he can now see Becky's mum watching Deal or No Deal in 3D on a 60" plasma TV saying Becky is the best daughter in the world. Becky's friend asks if she would swap if she played on, and Becky thinks she would swap as her friend's numbers have all had reds in.

Becky says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Noel asks Becky if she would have swapped, and Becky says she would have, so Noel does the hypo swap.

Becky now has box 2 which contains £15,000

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Your destiny was to have £15,000 says Noel

Helen with box 8 contains the £500

Becky says she feels gutted, but she does have £3,500

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

The hypo swap kinda ruined the ending, but the early loss of the big numbers started it though

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Can understand why she dealt, and it was a profit on her original box value...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky
International Forums Moderator

Someone needed to point out DoND doesn't even air in HD, let alone 3D. ;)

Only poor offers dragged the game that far, and the sense of the producers trying to make lightning strike twice was obvious. Becky had none of that, and why would she, when her job is so intimately connected with people in genuine financial difficulty?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Well, this was something of a fall back to earth after yesterday... :(

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

killersbee wrote:
The hypo swap kinda ruined the ending

Ruined it? In what way? :suspect:
She said she would have swapped so I am very happy that Noel did the hypo swap. If he didn't people may have wrongly applauded if her original box was opened to reveal the blue. We have enough people in the audience who applaud when a blue is found in proveout and Noel shouts at them so why is that any different to Noel *not* going through with the hypo swap in this case?

Look at the confusion that arose at the end of Chris game (24/03) when he claimed *after* opening his box to reveal £250k that he would have swapped away the big money. I got sla**ed off for calling out a OBW when a hypo swap would have made the issue completely transparent and a TPW.

Long may the hypo swaps continue and proveout with honesty! :hands Well done production team.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Have to say i concur with Norwich in principle, given that the swap was on the table before Becky dealt Noel had to go through with it to maintain the integrity of the game. Personally i would have liked to have seen Becky's deal vindicated but playing on with honesty must supercede that, happy ending or not.

Another frustratingly unlucky game with the boxes not falling in Becky's favour. I did laugh though at her reaction when Shannon stepped up to open Will's box having already taken the top off the game in the previous round :laughing

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Final gamble was worth the risk if you could afford to lose £3k. She couldn't and as KP said, her job at the CAB would have given her a true sense of financial problems.

My feelings about the hypo-swap are well known (I despise them but that's only because in my opinion, the box on the table at the time of the deal is the only one that should decide whether the player made a profit on the box).

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Have to say i concur with Norwich in principle, given that the swap was on the table before Becky dealt Noel had to go through with it to maintain the integrity of the game. Personally i would have liked to have seen Becky's deal vindicated but playing on with honesty must supercede that, happy ending or not.

Another frustratingly unlucky game with the boxes not falling in Becky's favour. I did laugh though at her reaction when Shannon stepped up to open Will's box having already taken the top off the game in the previous round :laughing

Think you mean Jim's box - Will has already had his game!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Becky

Yeah bearing in mind most people who work at the CAB are volunteers :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]