Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:28 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

Warnings: 0
Okay, I have to say something about all this.

It was okay when one or two people didn't win anything, as it had some novelty factor to it. Now there are several people who hold this dubious honour, and it's losing its lustre fast.

I know I'm going to take some heat for saying this, but this is one twist the show could do without. Too many random twists like this are not good for the show. Yes, it's okay to do them sometimes, like on certain special occasions (holidays, etc.), but I find they're being severely over-used these days.

The show needs to follow the same credo as animators do, and that is KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. When I studied animation, this was the motto we lived by, and wouldn't you know it, it worked very well.

That's all for me. Interpret this analysis as you see fit.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

Isn't Vera only the 6th player to leave with nothing?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

8? I'm sure it's not that many who have won nothing. Of all the games I had to miss, it just had to be Vera's.

Fan of classic rock and metal

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera
Administrator & Global Moderator

Michael DeVere wrote:
h2005 wrote:
By the way, any idea why Vera called Anthony "Bobby"? :ponder: I'm just watching it now on 4+1...

I didn't even realise at the time and just assumed there was a Bobby. :lol:

Maybe you could do a +1 commentary. :lol:

Maybe she meant to say "Blobby", in reference to this forum's intrusion on April 1st. :lol:

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

Mad Mark wrote:

It was okay when one or two people didn't win anything, as it had some novelty factor to it. Now there are several people who hold this dubious honour, and it's losing its lustre fast.

I know I'm going to take some heat for saying this, but this is one twist the show could do without. Too many random twists like this are not good for the show. Yes, it's okay to do them sometimes, like on certain special occasions (holidays, etc.), but I find they're being severely over-used these days.

The show needs to follow the same credo as animators do, and that is KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. When I studied animation, this was the motto we lived by, and wouldn't you know it, it worked very well.

Absolutely agree on this, these twists are getting too repetitive to see on the show and should frankly be not used for a long while

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

mr_northern_guy wrote:
Isn't Vera only the 6th player to leave with nothing?

Lee, Daimon, Caz, Brenda, Jay, and Darrel all came before. I suspect that Danielle from last month is also being included as a nothing winner too, since she got no cash from her game.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

Mad Mark wrote:

There is the point of view that every player who has a bad game should get a twist like this or none at all - which is one I normally agree with. There must be tens of thousands of game show constestants in history who haven't won a thing on a gameshow (excluding parting gifts that they seem to give away in the States). In the end, there isn't much difference in games like today in winning £10 or winning nothing.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

The Curse of the Sunday game is back!

From a bad opening round, there was very little respite for Vera there, in fact her only good round was probably the second one, Sheer relentless bad luck which even a couple of random twists couldn't turn around.

Personally i have no problem with twists, whether they work out in the players favour or not, I think it's all part of making every game different and by being at the "Banker's discretion" they help build up the perosna the show has been trying to maintain for the past 5 years, if twists became standardised then the illusion would be shattered

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 03/04 Vera

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
The Curse of the Sunday game is back!

From a bad opening round, there was very little respite for Vera there, in fact her only good round was probably the second one, Sheer relentless bad luck which even a couple of random twists couldn't turn around.

Personally i have no problem with twists, whether they work out in the players favour or not, I think it's all part of making every game different and by being at the "Banker's discretion" they help build up the perosna the show has been trying to maintain for the past 5 years, if twists became standardised then the illusion would be shattered

Yes, I agree with your view on twists, they add to the sense of 'anything can happen' and often creating talking points, which can only be a good thing for the show.

Anyway, gutted for Vera today, hitting the 27% chance at 8-box just collapsed her game terminally. A fun game nonetheless, but what a day to have bad luck!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]