Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:58 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 10:58 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer:

BANKER'S GAMBLE

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: Winner    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

DOOOOOOOOOO IT! Tom take the gamble!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Didn't see that happening. Hasn't been accepted this season yet, hopefully it will change today.

With no less than £3k there, very worth the gamble.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Winner wrote:
DOOOOOOOOOO IT! Tom take the gamble!

GTHOOH you troll!!!

I'm really, really sorry - but I honestly believe there is something about Winner that makes him/her a troll...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

The banker rings back and says the swap would be guaranteed if Tom takes the gamble. Tom's girlfriend joins him at the pound table, and she asks how Tom would feel if he won £3,000 now.

Tom says

NO DEAL

He keeps the £15,450.

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: Winner    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Well if that is the case, how come I am right AGAIN!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Tom says he'd have said NO SWAP here.

Tom has £3,000 in his box 13.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Box 18 with Hugo contains the £35,000

Noel says Tom is no April Fool, and Tom says he's won such a lot of money and it'll do so much for him and his family.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Gordon Brown wrote:
Good luck Tom.

Don't forget to vote Labour in the local elections on May 5th.

Will the autobiography be out in time for Christmas Gordon?

That was a good game well played by Tom. I thought it would be a banker's gamble as the offer would've been close to £15,450 in live play. It was worth going on at 8 box with such a strong board.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Well the Banker's gamble returns, but you could say that it wasn't worth it

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Funnily enough it's exactly six months since the aforementioned Robbie Williams played his game! Wonder if we'll be seeing another celebrity namesake contestant in six months' time.

Didn't see today's show but it sounds like it had its moments!! Don't blame Tom for dealing when he did really - unlike yesterday, even with 4 reds you'd need to have the perfect round to get a significantly better offer at 2-box. I'd have been at least tempted by the gamble though...

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

h2005 wrote:
Tom says he'd have said NO SWAP here.

Tom has £3,000 in his box 13.

Winner wrote:
Well if that is the case, how come I am right AGAIN!

LOL....

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

And again a player takes a well pitched offer, and makes a profit on their box but can't quite get the proveout to go their
way.

The Banker's gamble was a surprise return but I don't blame Tom for not taking it, and that certainly seems to have been the right decision

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:44 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Perfect place for the BG to return - difficult decision whether to take it with the gamble being about 1.6 to 1 on a 50/50 shot.

I'd have put the BG down to a personal choice decision so not really a wrong decision either way but thankfully he made the right one and refused the hypo-swap that would have denied us the visual TPW.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom
International Forums Moderator

Good game, that: cannot ask much more than to have multiple tricky decisions, No Deal - Deal on the first two was a reasonable course of action, and the BG was well-judged. Finishes with an orange kicker are very odd - I would have almost no hesitation turning down £15.5k on £5k/£35k, and even less hesitation taking it on £1k/£35k, so for the BG to come up with a £3k kicker was great. Player's choice IMO, and I think I would have done the same. Need to recheck that bit of my utility curve.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Simon F wrote:
Perfect place for the BG to return.

Yes and also a welcome return for the hypo swap to give an element of 'honesty' to the proveout. Of course its still a 50/50 call if they say they would swap or no swap after the deal has been done. Only pre selecting the final boxes and hypo swap at the deal point would remove all doubt on that front.

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

What a contrast - the newbie as the most useless contributor and the supporter as the strongest!

But really, something in me thinks Ziggy had the misfortune of having his off day on the first day. I can just tell that nothing went right for him that day- but he's going to come out with more brilliant things down the road if his ego didn't get bruised up too badly to share more of them.

And funny, he brought up all the same numerology crap that Jack's been churning out for ages now, but he's the one that gets railed on. Jack's a great guy too, but they're equally rubbish theories to suggest the numbers on the outside somehow affect the numbers inside. ._.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:25 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom

Can't believe Tom's surname was Jones, at his age, I mean what were his parents thinking? At least the contestant Robbie Williams was older than the popstar so his parents couldn't possibly have known!

That said, when I worked for the bank completing applications to open business accounts, I got ones for a Michael Barratt (Shakin' Stevens real name), a Gary Newman (slightly different spelling to the popstar) and best of all, a Michael Jackson!!! (all old enough to have been born before said popstars became famous though) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Tom
International Forums Moderator

There's a Robbie Williams on the production team too!

And I am very much reminded of the LTL winners some episodes had - there was a Peggy Mitchell and a Michael Phelps!! Scariest thing is the latter didn't get noticed by anyone at the time even though his namesake already had five Olympic gold medals from Athens!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]