Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:24 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Warnings: 0
norwichdonder wrote:
RMF1254 wrote:
I'm sorry to say that - but I'm just fussy when it comes to things like this.

What??

I've seen Noel do the fake offer trick a couple of times before with such a strong board and they've all dealt. Its a very clever mind game to which Derren Brown would be proud of. Maybe Noel learnt it from him?

I'll just add something that hasn't been highlighted this game. It would have been good if she had preselected the choice of final 3 boxes and had been offered the hypo swap. Then we might have actually seen the £100k brought to the table and it would have made the Deal feel even worse.

No, I meant that I'm just fussy when it comes to posts by people like Winner...

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

RMF1254 wrote:
No, I meant that I'm just fussy when it comes to posts by people like Winner...

fussy in what way? He didn't say she should be lot more brave, did he?

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Well... if I'm being quite honest, there is something about Winner's posts that brings to my mind a not-very-nice five-letter word beginning with T...

I'm really, really sorry to say that - but I simply do not like these posts that he/she has made.

That's why I said I was fussy...

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Twerp?!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte
Administrator & Global Moderator

I shouldn't get involved. But dare I say it, I assumed it was "tulip".

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Tangy? Tepid? Thong?

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:42 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

You're all way off - it's "troll".

And I'm really sorry to say this - but I honestly believe Winner is one...

My definition of a troll is someone who posts irresponsibly and with seemingly no regard whatsoever for other people who use the forum in question.

Also, most trolls give the impression that they want the forum all to themselves - regardless whether or not their posts are relevant to the topic of the forum.

Well, I don't detect much responsibility in Winner's posts, and he/she doesn't appear to take proper notice of other users, like H or myself.

And the regularity with which he/she posted during this game, and in the latter stages of Tom's game too, suggests that he/she might be something of an attention seeker...

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:38 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Tiger?

(Seriously though, I wouldn't advise being so negative about another forum member in public. If you're concerned about another user's behaviour then it's probably better to send a Private Message to one of the forum administrators. Alternatively, simply ignore any posts that you don't like.)

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte
Administrator & Global Moderator

MisterAl wrote:
Seriously though, I wouldn't advise being so negative about another forum member in public. If you're concerned about another user's behaviour then it's probably better to send a Private Message to one of the forum administrators. Alternatively, simply ignore any posts that you don't like.

Very well said...

The forum member in question, whether you wish to refer to him as a Tiger, Tulip, or something else, hasn't broken any of the rules and isn't being aggressive or anything... so there's no cause for concern.

(I should've said that privately really, but felt it best to write it in public on this occasion. Train. Timer.)

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:40 pm    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

Consider me in the minority thinking that Noel's offer mucking about is actually quite entertaining.

Consider me in the majority thinking that Charlotte made a poor choice to not play when £5 was all she had to kick out. I think that's the first time in a while that I recall where the Banker's said "yeah, I knew that board was too strong, I got you" at the end.

And I swear the Banker's voice is getting louder on the other end of the phone more and more. It'll be a matter of time before we can actually hear the earpiece directly.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:42 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/03 Charlotte

I think that was a five box that offer that could be argued either way personally. It was a very well pitched offer - no doubt made even more tempting by Noel's building up to it the way he does on occassion - but at the same time a board with 4 high reds still in play would be hard for even me to walk away from.

Of course given Charlotte had the lowest of those reds in her box it was damned unfortunate that she kept in play the one box that would guarantee her a significantly higher offer

I did find it a little odd that no further mention was made of her stepmother's prediction, given the outcome

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]