Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:57 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
It goes down as a TBW with the proveout offer but it doesn't really feel quite that bad, oddly. Not to me anyway.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

deal who rebecca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:31 pm    Author: deal who rebecca    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

KP wrote:
A very easy board on which to go too far, so a bold move from the Banker at 8-box to not go above the £15,000. It worked, in that the Deal came after some significant thought, implying exactly the right offer in the circumstances. I immediately (coming in cold to the game at this point on my hotel TV) thought twenty grand would be my tipping point, but I'm not so sure now. Deal-Eye presumably values the board in the high teens.

Not the spectacular mistake Noel tried to infer it was. Just a cracking nerve-jangler of a proveout that turned viciously at the end.

on the other hand i thought when the 1p came out and the banker phoned and talked about it i thought he would mention about natalie and him at the hotel also i thought it was right to deal

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:08 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

Got to hand that one to the Banker, a brilliantly judged 8 box offer, not least in the fact that it was a 400% increase on the previous offer, and a hard one to turn down.

And in his defence he did forewarn Sam that if he took out one of the two biggies in the next round the 5 box offer would be deliberately pitched low so nothing underhand there.

All in all despite clearly letting nerves get the better of him Sam's only real mistake was not taking out the £100,000 in proveout, and that was sheer bad luck

paulyc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:30 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

I was a bit surprised it was Sam's game today. Not been that good at guessing the weekend players this week. Thought Jefferson was a shoe in for friday's show and if pushed would have thought Clare for today. Having said that, I don't really keep tabs on how long they've been on. :eyes:

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

Less said about that 5-box offer the better. 8-box offer was interesting with the amount still on the board, although the banker's mention at 5-box that he was going to lowball the offer for taking a big red out didn't actually make the edit during the 8-box deal discussion (which makes a little unfair to decide what we would have done as knowing that - I'd have probably dealt, thinking that even a £250k/£15k/blues finish would be a decreased offer)

I don't blame people for considering previous results when a poster on here wants people to consider the content of the player's box the previous day (but never mentions things like the contents of the same number box that day or the box on the table - both which are as totally irrelevent).

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:07 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

I know we've seen a stingy offer followed by a very generous one in the past, but those last 2 offers were just odd. If Sam had taken out the £100k in the last round, would the last offer have even been four figures? :lol:

Bit of me thinks that last offer would probably have been around £40k in live play (a la Maria!) - think the producers would try to get a box win off a finish like that. Incidentally, who was the last player to go to the end and win a red? Wasn't IJ was it?

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:21 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

RMF1254 wrote:
Is it just me, or did Mark Olver look a bit like he needed to go to the bathroom there? ;)

He always looks like that ;) I'm surprised we didn't get any of the Greg/Mark are they brothers? which is an in joke at the studio. I suppose most of the viewers wouldn't have seen Mark before anyway.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:37 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

I like Mark. His routine doesnt vary that much, but he's still very funny with it. :-D When I was there he took to picking on my wife for the few days she watched the shows being filmed. :lol:

The other lad who did Friday warm ups struggled a bit though. He always seemed to be on the verge of an excellent punchline to an adlib but never quite found it.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/03 Sam

paulyc wrote:
I like Mark. His routine doesnt vary that much, but he's still very funny with it. :-D When I was there he took to picking on my wife for the few days she watched the shows being filmed. :lol:

The other lad who did Friday warm ups struggled a bit though. He always seemed to be on the verge of an excellent punchline to an adlib but never quite found it.

I've never seen another TV show being filmed so don't have a frame of reference about other warm up guys but I like Mark too (but then the first time I went during Love Week filmings he was wearing such a ridiculous cherub costume - I took an instant liking to him)

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]