Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Warnings: 0
Oh give it a rest Mark and Norwich - he was more likely to leave an all-blue last pair as he was to have the £250k in his box!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Yeah, but I reckon he only said that just to save face and prevent himself from feeling gutted

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Am I the only one who was glad to see the return of the £26,000 offer, given the recent discussions about the new Governor?

He had as good as the best perfect final round given what he had on the table but hey ho, £26,000 (and £13,000 for the record) were great offers for the boards at their time of offering. Unsure if the live-play offer would have been as high as £90,000 but I'm sure he'd have ended up taking that too...

But I have to be honest...it did feel like he was trying to save face when he said he'd have swapped...surely he'd have said it before the contents of the final two boxes were revealed? :?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Noel looked like he had some kind of shock during the break. :lol:

ImageImage

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris
Administrator & Global Moderator

Mark wrote:
Should have been a LOT more brave.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR

Should have been a LOT more brave.

Has a parrot invaded this thread? :ponder:

priceydav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:20 pm    Author: priceydav    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Said he'd save 10 and 13, but as soon as soon as he dealt he picked 10! Thank god I watch a recording of this show and can fast forward through all the nonsense. Usually get through it in about 5 minutes.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

h2005 wrote:
Has a parrot invaded this thread? :ponder:

who's a pretty boy then!

Seriously I know I get flak when I play on the side of the banker but you just have to sometimes. As Noel shouts "Get some bravery!"

I haven't watched back yet on 40d but did his 'swap' comment come before or after his box was opened...?

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:38 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris
Administrator & Global Moderator

It came after...

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Big-Davey wrote:
Am I the only one who was glad to see the return of the £26,000 offer, given the recent discussions about the new Governor?

He had as good as the best perfect final round given what he had on the table but hey ho, £26,000 (and £13,000 for the record) were great offers for the boards at their time of offering. Unsure if the live-play offer would have been as high as £90,000 but I'm sure he'd have ended up taking that too...

But I have to be honest...it did feel like he was trying to save face when he said he'd have swapped...surely he'd have said it before the contents of the final two boxes were revealed? :?

He didn't appear to get the opportunity to, Noel went straight ahead and opened box 18.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:45 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

killersbee wrote:
Why is it that us men find it very difficult to win the jackpot? We seem to have more of a problem with courage than the women do

Only 0.25% of the women that have played the game have won the jackpot. Granted the figure for men is 0% but how many guys have had an Alice or Laura type offer at 2-box in the history of the game?

I think today at 8-box was a classic case of trying to get some guarantees out of the banker for different scenarios (mainly the £250k/4 blues and £250/£50k/3 blues scenarios). Can't blame him for dealing at 5-box (the 30% scenario of crashing from £26k to nothing is very scary)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

BankerSpanker wrote:
£90,000 my a***! :smt019
Since when has the Banker ever offered that much with a £50 & £250k board?! Sobia had £15k & £250k and she was only offered £70,000. *sigh*

Well, He's twice offered £88,000 on a 1p/ £250,000 finish so £90k on a board with a slightly higher back up isn't really a stretch.

I'm with those who say that the £26,000 deal was perfectly respectable for that board, especially given the way Chris's luck was running. It's very easy to say he should have been more brave with the benefit of hindsight but the fact is it took at least one brave no deal to get as much as he did.

I don't deny there was a good case for going on one more round but frankly anyone who would be prepared to no deal £90k on that final configeration deserves to win £50 IMO

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

Well only Chris will know if he would really have swapped and if not he'll still be gutted whether or not he has saved face or not. Either way he may be gutted about the 90k.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:10 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 24/03 Chris

h2005 wrote:
It came after...

Ah, well thats easy to say then after the event! If I had done my lottery numbers last week I would have been a millionaire.

Id have had more respect for that call if he had chosen his boxes and swap at the deal point. Otherwise its meaningless.

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]