Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
BankerSpanker wrote:
Well, £6k is an excellent result after all those really bad rounds. Is that the lowest value Banker spanking?

I think that record is still held by Phyl, who dealt for £2,050.01 at 5-box in March 2008. It was the highest offer of her (very unlucky) game, and she had £1 in her box!

I'm surprised at some of the comments about Andre on DigitalSpy, but then that's DigitalSpy for you.

I thought Andre was a very intriguing, unique, and likeable character; and he was a breath of fresh air for the show. I thought he placed a bit too much significance on some of the good luck charms (for example the link with Stephen's box, and how Titanic was built in Belfast where Stephen's from), but it's things like this that make certain shows memorable, and his will be memorable.

I'm glad he got £6,000 out of the game, when it appeared he was going to struggle to even win a red at one point.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

I rarely look at Digital Spy regarding DoND, but having just read some of the comments I now know why. :roll:

Anyway, I actually quite enjoyed today's game and yeah, maybe, there was a bit much emphasis on all these charms and certain numbers, but each to their own.

The game looked like it was actually going to be a complete disaster, but André managed to turn it round by the end with a respectable £6,000 offer. Which, with how the game was going, was a good result.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

I had a horrible feeling we were headed for a rerun of Danielle's game from earlier in the month at first, so for Andre to have 4 reds and a decent blue at 5 box was something of a pleasant surprise. Given the way the game played out i wouldn't have blamed him for playing to the very end, but as it turned out that Deal was the right decision - as far as i'm concerned a spanking is a spanking whether it's £6k or £60k

Agree with H, Andre was a memorable and likeable contestant, one who will be remembered as much for his personality as for the game itself.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:49 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
I had a horrible feeling we were headed for a rerun of Danielle's game from earlier in the month at first...

Yes, I now have a saying in my household when they have a bad start, "Not as bad as Danielle's! [game]" (although I might add that was one of the most hilarious and bizarre trainwrecks I have witnessed at the Dream Factory :D).

Anyway, today was a great recovery to get an OPW in the end from nowhere really. I'd been looking forward to Andre's game from seeing him in November as he seemed an intriguing character, and his game was suitably bizarre with all his lucky charms and Jack the Ripper tales! Very likeable contestant who got just reward from his game.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:51 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

Ach, Digital Spy just rips most of the players apart, bitching and taking delight when they lose. I never bother looking at it these days. Even the deal facebook page tends to be more balanced and thats saying a lot!

I really liked Andre, he was a unique and entertaining player, and was very eloquent in his respect for the money on the board. But am in agreement with Dave on this one. He got too worked up about lucky number or how that lucky token is sitting on the box, to the point the lucky numbers started to oppose each other and he couldn’t make a clear choice between them. The wings got too involved in that as well, steering him from one box to another. Particularly Aisha who looked distraught that she pointed him towards 21 with 10k. Ironically, it was the right call at the time as he would have chosen 15k if not the 10 but the wings need to back off from giving advice that amounts to nothing more than pndering to a player's superstition.

Even Noel with all his cosmic ordering stuff now seems to concede its a random game.

dougal18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

paulyc wrote:
Ach, Digital Spy just rips most of the players apart, bitching and taking delight when they lose. I never bother looking at it these days. Even the deal facebook page tends to be more balanced and thats saying a lot!

A TV veteran who has only made 17 appearances on the box over a 16 year span!

It's even better when an OBW happens which gives DS no grounds for a gloating session.

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

dougal18 wrote:
paulyc wrote:

A TV veteran who has only made 17 appearances on the box over a 16 year span!

It's even better when an OBW happens which gives DS no grounds for a gloating session.

Who is a tv veteran?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:11 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre
Administrator & Global Moderator

That's what people on DigitalSpy were calling Andre, and they also said he wouldn't need the money as he's done "so much" on TV. :eyes: I can only assume that being an interviewee on Channel 4 news, for example, must pay millions.

His website, along with his list of TV appearances, is here - http://www.andreprice.net/tv-appearances.html

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

It's horrible enough reading the FB Deal page! Just had a look on DS for myself and I'm far from surprised.

Call me late...VERY late even, but I didn't know Richie did the commentary on there! :lol: He does a decent job doesn't he? :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/03 Andre

Given my reaction to some of the rants on here about early dealers and whatnot, I think if I went on DS then I'd probably type something unprintable in response to almost every post! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]