Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Warnings: 0
ARGH! Sting in the tail... :evil:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia
International Forums Moderator

We're back.

Noel talks up how this board could fulfil all of Olivia's ambitions. Last box of round 4...

7 - £100,000 :( Paul

Banker time...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Noel suddenly acts very wary and says this game has swung in the Banker's favour... he says that losing £250k leaves a poor board that nobody wants...

Banker's offer:

£13,000

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

He's only gone down £2k...

But, once again, a glance at the clock suggests that there'll be a Deal here.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Lots of advice here... she's definitely dealing.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Olivia says she likes 13, as she was regularly drawn 13th in the running order for skating competitions...

Ben is consulted, and suddenly he isn't sure, and insists he will back either decision from Olivia... Andre says 13 is the number of change and transformation, and says that £13,000 can deliver the change in her life she wants... Bev says that she has had 19 reds in the 22 games she spent on the wings, and uses that to justify a No Deal... Rachel says this is the big decision of the game, and is non-committal...

...Banker phones up...

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Easy worth another round. Just got to miss the biggie.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

...the Banker says turning down £15,000 was a calculated risk, but turning this offer down would genuinely risk a crash...

Olivia says

DEAL

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Mark wrote:
Easy worth another round. Just got to miss the biggie.

Come on, even you must have anticipated a deal with so little time left! :lol: ;)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Round 5 (proveout)

Olivia is saving the boxes with 2s... Noel has enough time to mention the "fantastic opportunity" line...

18 - £10,000 Crystal
(Didn't say it wasn't enough, oddly!)
14 - £100 Tom
Now she's into the 2s...
12 - £250 Natalie

Banker time...

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Uh-oh... :?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Banker laughing over the phone, apparently having a party...

Banker's offer would've been:

£36,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Round 6

Olivia would have saved 22...

21 - £250,000 :) Andre
13 - £75,000 Newbie Dave
(Which means that there would have been an all-or-peanuts game if the system had been followed at 5-box :S )
2 - £500

Banker time

Last edited by KP on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

The Banker says it's the shortest party he's ever had!

Banker's offer would've been:

£750

Olivia's box 5 had 50p

Box 22 had the £3,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

The Banker phones up again, with a small gift... flowers for Olivia and Ben, red roses.

The £13,000 will be put towards the honeymoon, the deposit on the house, and helping the family.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Jeez, do they really need to make a fairly good ending better?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

They could have made it quite a bit better by offering less than £36,000 at 5-box. ;)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

KP wrote:
21 - £250,000 :) Andre

LOL, blue £250k! :lol:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

An excited misclick, now corrected :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:03 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

For the second time, a player goes one round too soon

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]