Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 18/03 Olivia
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Olivia's game today.

Noel talks about Frank's game yesterday, jokes about his inability to guess what he had in the boxes, and called his game "OK". He hopes he enjoys the £8,000, and hopes that he's around to take advice for this game!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

Olivia has box 5.

She is a former banking consultant from Sunderland, but left her job to come here, as her training contract did not allow her to take leave! She did say that they would let her join again though as she was apparently good. She wants to be a head chef.

She talks about how after her parents divorced, her nan bought her up. We also see a photograph of her figure skating; she was a British champion in the pairs event. Noel asks if she misses the sport, and she says she does, and she sometimes coaches at weekends.

Her fiancé, Ben, is in the studio, and he talks about how they got engaged. He was cooking bacon sandwiches at the time, and then dashed off briefly, before proposing out of nowhere!

The game begins...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

C4 didn't waste any time going from the events at Cheltenham to today's game.

Black Widows usually don't have great games... will Olivia buck the trend?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

Round 1

Olivia has no system, but plans to keep number 2 as she thinks the number looks pretty! Noel asks if 22 is twice as pretty and she says yes!

3 - £750 Sam
11 - £50,000 Steven
19 - £50 Rachel
9 - £5,000 Jefferson (who was a bit slow to bring his box back off the table!)
1 - 1p Clare

Banker time now...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

The Banker phones. "Snookems is here!" Or however you spell it... apparently she broke his heart twice, by forgetting the dates they had... and as a reward for her destruction of games...

Banker's offer:

£11,000

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

It says on dealornodeal.co.uk that Olivia is 21.

Her fiancé looks a good few years older, though...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

Olivia says

NO DEAL

Last edited by KP on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

Round 2

16 - £1
20 - £35,000 Bev

Olivia calls the break, and promises that Noel will say something about the two of them...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Olivia 18/03

Duly corrected. :D This is where I realise just how good Kestral is... or that I need a bigger telly in this room ;)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

We're back. Noel confirms that Olivia plans on money for a deposit to live with Ben, and also to honeymoon in Corfu...

15 - £15,000 Chris

Banker time...

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Oh, more faffing about... :roll: :roll: :roll:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

The Banker says he can prove his relationship with Olivia under the desk... yes, there is a picture of her, framed, with "MY SNOOKUMS"... and bizarrely edited big photos of her in a book! We're "told" that she had a date in the studio when it was empty!

Anyway...

Banker's offer:

£11,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Olivia admits that £11,000 would do a lot of what she envisions, and that you get married to be married, not for the big day... Ben says you can't leave at the second offer, and makes himself out to be a big gambler...

Olivia says
NO DEAL

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Uh-oh... big hole on the right-hand side now... :?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Round 3

17 - £20,000 Sophie
Noel points to the isolated top three
10 - £1,000 Will
4 - 10p Veeva

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Noel talks up the top three, as one would expect... very quick call...

Banker's offer:

£15,000

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Blimey, the Banker wasted no time offering £15k there!

I thought he might just have offered the New Governor... and I came close enough.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Olivia asks Chris, who points out there are more blues than reds, but uses it to assert two blues and a red is the most likely outcome (accurate, but slanted). He says he'd play on, but asks Olivia to consult with Ben, who then adds that £15,000 would be very helpful, while also advising a No Deal...

Olivia says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

Round 4

6 - £10 Becky
8 - £5 Jack

Noel rapidly throws to break, talking up the top three...

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:46 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 18/03 Olivia

I'm probably stating the obvious here - but if this episode was an hour long then things wouldn't be going quite so quickly, would they?

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]